24 yr old Referee

Belfast Boy

Michael is a damn good referee and I'm convinced he'll have no bother at Premiership level.  He's had a good couple of seasons in the Football League, unlike Attwell who was pushed through after just a year and has been clearly shown to be somewhat out of his depth (although he is improving...seriously).  As was said above his dad also refs on the Football League, which is ideal, and he's refereed the Conference Playoff Final and also the League 1 Playoff last season.  He'll be fine.

Yes, Oy indeed.  :knuppel2:

I've met him a few times when I was a junior Referee. He actually reffed a match I was playing in a few month back, I know it was only an under 19's match but he was spot on for everything, spoke really well too.

Hope he goes far, it's just a shame thats another quality ref along with Clattenburg that wont be able to ref us.

Guest Heneage

Michael is a damn good referee and I'm convinced he'll have no bother at Premiership level.  He's had a good couple of seasons in the Football League, unlike Attwell who was pushed through after just a year and has been clearly shown to be somewhat out of his depth (although he is improving...seriously).  As was said above his dad also refs on the Football League, which is ideal, and he's refereed the Conference Playoff Final and also the League 1 Playoff last season.  He'll be fine.

Part of me hoped it was you reffing Fulham Chelsea.

'Olofi...., now how am a spellin that?'

Pack it in you lot, or else I will be forced to recite a perm

What worried you more in the 90s? The Bosnians, Croats or the cost of the Serbs at clerb?

Guest toonlass

OH Ashington, is wonderful

OH Ashington is wonderful

It's full of pubs, bookies and chip shops

Oh Ashington is wonderful!

Pit, Pit, Pit Yakka!  :indi:

Guest iliketoonarmy

Age doesn't always equal to quality when you look at Steve Bennett, Howard Webb and Mike Dean, they are bunch of shit.

Age doesn't always equal to quality when you look at Steve Bennett, Howard Webb and Mike Dean, they are bunch of shit.

True but usually their is an optimum age for most things. Experience certainly has something to do with it. A 24 year old shit referee without experience is still shit and inexperienced of course. A 24 year old good referee also has probs!

Looking at the rule rather than the exception to it. e.g. were Roy Keane, Thierry Henry good as young player? Of course. Better at 29? Certainly.