The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Passed few days he's been quoted saying s*** like he wants Leon Best in the premiership and that he's considering extending pancake's contract. Still, I hope he's just playing it up for the sake their confidence and he'll do the right thing come the window.

He is going to back Best as he signed him. As for him wanting Pancrate next year I took "He’s out of contract in the summer so I have a decision to make,”  as he is going.

I suppose the fact that Bolton got rid of their captain for £4m was a delusion then? And the fact he looked terrible in his last 3 seasons in the big league?

Not a premier league player, but his goal tally has been very good.

Guest Chris P

I suppose the fact that Bolton got rid of their captain for £4m was a delusion then? And the fact he looked terrible in his last 3 seasons in the big league?

Not a premier league player, but his goal tally has been very good.

seriously. i think you could do a much better job than hughton

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/779128/CHRIS-HUGHTON-has-done-a-fantastic-job-taking-Newcastle-up-at-the-first-time-of-asking.html

Hughton should quit before he is stabbed in the back

10/04/2010

CHRIS HUGHTON has done a fantastic job taking Newcastle up at the first time of asking.

Now he should do himself a big favour and get out of Toon with his head held high before he gets stabbed in the back.

That way Hughton will give himself a future living as a proven boss at a decent level.

Not end up being sacked in humiliation after five games at the start of next term.

If success in management is based on being a good coach and man, Newcastle should not be paying Hughton a big bonus now that they are back in the top flight but also a proper contract. Yet they have not and will not.

Let us put it this way - being back in the Premier League is worth a minimum extra £30million a year for the club but Hughton will be lucky to see much of it.

And from what I gather Hughton's job is up for grabs, no doubt on four times the wages.

If owner Mike Ashley succeeds in selling the club this summer then new owners will want a bigger name than Hughton.

If Ashley fails to convince buyers Newcastle is a good investment to take off his hands at £100m then he is as likely to do the same in the belief he can up the ante.

OK, Hughton may need help on charisma but he has done a job this season that even Toon hero Alan Shearer would never have come close to achieving.

Yet there will now be a campaign to install a name of Shearer's status or a foreign guru.

Well the Geordies do like to clutch failure out of the jaws of success.

There is talk in the north east that Hughton is now surplus to requirements because he can't control four so-called senior players

Yet if Hughton has managed to keep the egos of such overpaid, overrated "stars" in line, then he must know what he is doing.

And if Hughton, brought up in London's tough East End, wants to flex credible muscles, he may remind certain people he came from a mixed race background during the 1960s and 70s when that was not easy.

Yet he ended up playing in the same Spurs team as Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles as well as playing for the Republic of Ireland.

Chrissy Hughton has rubbed shoulders with far bigger men than, for instance, Joey Barton.

So he should be embraced by the club's current or next owners. But he won't be.

phil k.....you'd have a point with that piece of crap mate.

Understandable really. 

If I was a tabloid sport journalist I would hate having Chris Hughton at Newcastle.  Not only has he been successful, he has more importantly made NUFC boring.  That is a disaster for the tabloids.  Other than the Taylor/Carroll story, there has been nothing to write about.  Writing crap about Newcastle is the lifeblood of the British tabloid gutter press.  Nobody wants to read about boardroom struggles at fucking Pompey do they?  They want the manager to storm out, protests, intrigue and our players beating up teenagers in McDonalds. 

Anyone else you want to call a t***, in addition to most of the forum?

too

Yourself, in other words. Don't call people names, Chris. You don't have a leg to stand on, in this thread or any that doesn't involve sailing.

Guest Chris P

Anyone else you want to call a t***, in addition to most of the forum?

too

Yourself, in other words. Don't call people names, Chris. You don't have a leg to stand on, in this thread or any that doesn't involve sailing.

;D