The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I must admit that Hughton has brought us some unexpected results and more often than not they are positive results, even when his team selection has looked wrong he's been proven to be right.

I still think he’ll struggle next season but I’m nowhere near as sure about that as I was a few months ago.  I’m not going to go OTT about him but he’s definitely settling in to the job, at least at this level.  If he has a good transfer window then he could have a good season next year.

And that is why i do not understand why all the lads argue all the time. we're in this together

You were the one initiating a pointless argument. And about Kevin Nolan who I suspect you've never seen put in a good performance in the premier league.

I must admit that Hughton has brought us some unexpected results and more often than not they are positive results, even when his team selection has looked wrong he's been proven to be right.

I still think hell struggle next season but Im nowhere near as sure about that as I was a few months ago.  Im not going to go OTT about him but hes definitely settling in to the job, at least at this level.  If he has a good transfer window then he could have a good season next year.

:thup:

I expected defeat tonight, and after seeing the team sheet I expect a bad defeat. Again he has proved me wrong, and in the second half we were much the better side.

Hats off for a successful season. Certainly didn't expect to be named champions, but on Monday it'll most certainly happen.

I remember posting this "One of the worst footballers on the planet. If any of us got fit we could do what this c*** is doing, he is totally s**** but  he keeps on scoring totally unreal" in the Kevin Nolan thread after the Doncaster game. He deserves a run a game next season due to the goals he has scored this year. I think his goal record in the last 3 seasons in the big league was about par with Marlon Harewood.

I used to think after scoring his other skills were annoying keepers at corners & shouting at teammates but of late he  has added staring at the goalkeeper when we are going to take a free kick.

Nice one lads.

I am always the one who backs the player/manager too long (so am often in the wrong) but it's good to see people not admit they are wrong (your concerns were definitiely founded) but have the ability to change their opinion.

Too often on here it seems some people make up their minds and then refuse to change that opinion no matter what happens.

I still think he’ll struggle next season but I’m nowhere near as sure about that as I was a few months ago.  I’m not going to go OTT about him but he’s definitely settling in to the job, at least at this level.  If he has a good transfer window then he could have a good season next year.

Good post.  :thup:

Nice one lads.

I am always the one who backs the player/manager too long (so am often in the wrong) but it's good to see people not admit they are wrong (your concerns were definitiely founded) but have the ability to change their opinion.

Too often on here it seems some people make up their minds and then refuse to change that opinion no matter what happens.

I used to be the same with managers, but recently the bitterness has taken over me and as a result, I think I was needlessly harsh on Hughton - he's very much a likeable guy, and even if we aren't playing well the points still seem to go our way.

He's far from perfect, but he's getting better and definitely deserves his shot at the top.

Reading this thread, I wonder if there was the same sort of debate about other up and coming managers at other clubs, and how many times potentially great managers have been tossed aside in favour of more "established" names...sometimes you need to take a gamble, e.g. Everton with Moyes, Sunderland with Keane etc...

I'm not minded to replace him with someone like Mark Hughes.

I would still get rid of him, how he kept ameobi on today god only knows. Then subbing a right winger for a centre mid  :thdn:

Shocking eh. :angry:

It's great for everyone involved that Hughton has been able to do enough to win people round. Just a shame that more were seemingly unable to give him a chance from the start.

Comrade Chris has went from puppet to giving us hope. As Nile Ranger stock goes down everyone is buying into Chris "Houghton" Hughton

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4731/n2750159379763820.jpg

Any one else think this would make a good banner ? Ofcourse if you take away the true faith bit.

Comrade Chris has went from puppet to giving us hope. As Nile Ranger stock goes down everyone is buying into Chris "Houghton" Hughton

Any one else think this would make a good banner ? Ofcourse if you take away the true faith bit.

shite banner.

great small flag or t-shirt though.

Cracking banner...if you want to get the Guardianistas like Wor Louise chuntering on about how the Geordie Nation is populated by racists who are likening Hughton to Obama "just because he iz black, innit". ;)

Reading this thread, I wonder if there was the same sort of debate about other up and coming managers at other clubs, and how many times potentially great managers have been tossed aside in favour of more "established" names...sometimes you need to take a gamble, e.g. Everton with Moyes, Sunderland with Keane etc...

i'll wait to see how he does for the first few months of next season and in the transfer market. he deserves a chance based on what he has shown this season, especially since jan.

also looks a lot more confident and authoritative in interviews now.

i'll wait to see how he does for the first few months of next season and in the transfer market. he deserves a chance based on what he has shown this season, especially since jan.

also looks a lot more confident and authoritative in interviews now.

don't give a shit about his interviews....more happy that he felt poweful enough to drop smith and butt.

i'd love to know just how much he is in charge though.

Cracking banner...if you want to get the Guardianistas like Wor Louise chuntering on about how the Geordie Nation is populated by racists who are likening Hughton to Obama "just because he iz black, innit". ;)

christ i wouldnt put it past her to try it

You know she would leap on it.

Mind you, last thing we should be doing is puffing him up as some sort of hero worship like we had with certain people being called the next Geordie Messiah...media/PR own goal just waiting there.

You know she would leap on it.

Mind you, last thing we should be doing is puffing him up as some sort of hero worship like we had with certain people being called the next Geordie Messiah...media/PR own goal just waiting there.

aye that express guy who detests us would be all over it

Gd point.

So Nolan's not PL standard. f*** off all you twats that said otherwise including the delusional Ronaldo :celb:

I should just ignore this, but how does what he did today change anything? He's been a valuable Championship-standard player all season. If he puts in solid performances next season then feel free to bump this thread and laugh at us, but you are a little premature in calling us all twats.