The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton's got to have job the next year as well. let him have his head, what the club needs is long term stability,so even if we go down again next year at least we won't owe 700 squillion quid. Let him build a team without massive stars .That's not what Newcastle's about anyway.

In a couple of years time we'll be laughing at the American owners of liverpool and MU ,unless of course they get there wish for equal distribution of wealth around the league ala NFL. i don't know, maybe its the way to go.

I would go as far to say that maybe they've even been guaranteed that out come

You think he can cut it as a PL manager?

Hughton's got to have job the next year as well. let him have his head, what the club needs is long term stability,so even if we go down again next year at least we won't owe 700 squillion quid. Let him build a team without massive stars .That's not what Newcastle's about anyway.

In a couple of years time we'll be laughing at the American owners of liverpool and MU ,unless of course they get there wish for equal distribution of wealth around the league ala NFL. i don't know, maybe its the way to go.

Yes he can cut in PL ..... Even if he doesn't he deserve the chance after what he have done this year.... why ppl forget how he fix everything this season is beyond my imagination.

Yes he can cut in PL ..... Even if he doesn't he deserve the chance after what he have done this year.... why ppl forget how he fix everything this season is beyond my imagination.

Pl survival isn't about ramanticism or loalty, it's about getting the best poss people in every role we can manage. Sorry. He's done alright in difficult conditions, but IMO he should go back as coach as soon as we get up, the quicker the better. I'd like a new manager in by the summer to start getting things right from the start.

Pl survival isn't about ramanticism or loalty, it's about getting the best poss people in every role we can manage. Sorry. He's done alright in difficult conditions, but IMO he should go back as coach as soon as we get up, the quicker the better. I'd like a new manager in by the summer to start getting things right from the start.

i like "ramanticism"..it's like rampant romanticism.

Guest Chris P

YES imo

Hughton's the worst manager in the championship. I used to like him as a person but i don't anymore, he's that bad.

don't know how you can say that when you haven't a real dea about what is going on and we are in a position no-one would have predicted in the summer.

Hughton's the worst manager in the championship. I used to like him as a person but i don't anymore, he's that bad.

Maybe tactical wise but he has done a damn good job at Man Managing them players. From what we've heard the team spirit is great.

Guest Chris P

then how come were top you numpty

What's wrong with him as a person? Comes across as a modest, honest person who wants the best for the club and players. Doesn't delude or think highly of himself like his most obvious comparison (Roeder).

His answers are usually diplomatic nonsense, I don't consider that honest. He's that bad a manager and such a coward, I cannot bring myself to like him anymore.

isn't that what all managers do and why the interviews are pointless ?

His answers are usually diplomatic nonsense, I don't consider that honest. He's that bad a manager and such a coward, I cannot bring myself to like him anymore.

Not to that extent man.

It's called man-management/media-management -  and if this was FM, he'd be atleast 18 at both. But that's literally all he is. Tactically inept, without a shadow of a doubt.

Can spot a bargain by the looks of things though - which bodes extremely well for the summer.

Not to that extent man.

obviously you only really take notice of those that concern us. no managers are honest and they shouldn't be if they are doing thir jobs right.

There's clever diplomacy and outright laughable garbage though.

i never listen. it's all either dressed shite or naked shite. the only time managers are honest is if they think it will help their team by slagging them off in public.

How shallow that you cannot separate the two.

I think he's a poor manager but he's never come across as anything but a decent bloke to me.

answer the question ronaldo, if hughtons the worst manager in the championship ,Why are we first?

We've had a mid-table premiership defence for most of the season, players too good for this league going forward like Enrique and Jonas, a genuine creative outlet in Danny Guthrie and Nolan, Shola and Harewood scoring goals. And of course because the league is absolutely terrible.