The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

Just read Hughton's comments in the local rags, I cannot stand the lying c***.

Go on, I'll bite. What has the lying c*** gone and said now?

Could it be "We were never going to run away with the division, because there are too many good teams"

He is in a no win situation without doubt. Unless of course he gets us top of the table and playing amazing football every week which tbf is a piece of piss.

because that's what we're all asking for ;)

I hope he doesn't give the same speech to the players as he gives to the press before a game, I thought that we were playing Man U or Chelsea on Tuesday, not Derby.

That puzzled me, too.

I blame the players moreso than him at this point.

There was no change in tactics after they scored, but we completely changed.

Its down to how much the players try. They simply try harder when we're losing, because they have to. When its 0-0 they dont want to run around putting pressure on the likes of Swansea, they think theyre above it.

Its down to how much the players try. They simply try harder when we're losing, because they have to. When its 0-0 they dont want to run around putting pressure on the likes of Swansea, they think theyre above it.

There is some truth in that.  :undecided:

There is some truth in that.  :undecided:

Our players thought the same last year and then after the Villa match wondered "hey? have we just gone down? well, never mind, I'm off to Spurs..."

Blame the players all you want.  The manager picks them (or is supposed to), he motivates them (or is supposed to), he sets them up before a game (or is supposed to), he changes things around at half time when he has them in the dressing room (or is supposed to) and he is the one who can change a game with substitutions (or is supposed to).

Well best got the assist, so cant argue with that.

His motivational skills you could have a go at yeah, ive no idea what happens with the team talks. Its definately a mentality our players have that messes us up though, far to often now we've stepped up a gear when going behind. Same happened at west brom and derby only to be done by pens. Its always identical.

It could well be that Hughton isn't up to it, but anyone else coming in his going to have the same problems in midfield, Nolan, Smith, Guthrie and Butt are all slow and can't run, doesn't matter which combination you play. The amount of times Nolan and Guthrie got caught in possession while ponderously trying to move the ball forward was embarrassing. Utter, utter shite.

It could well be that Hughton isn't up to it, but anyone else coming in his going to have the same problems in midfield, Nolan, Smith, Guthrie and Butt are all slow and can't run, doesn't matter which combination you play. The amount of times Nolan and Guthrie got caught in possession while ponderously trying to move the ball forward was embarrassing. Utter, utter s****.

Good manager + bad players = good performance (sometimes) As we saw when Keegan was here he could let a midfield of Geremi, Butt and Barton outplay teams like Spurs.

Well best got the assist, so cant argue with that.

His motivational skills you could have a go at yeah, ive no idea what happens with the team talks. Its definately a mentality our players have that messes us up though, far to often now we've stepped up a gear when going behind. Same happened at west brom and derby only to be done by pens. Its always identical.

The game was crying out for more changes and they should have been made much sooner than when Best came on.  Hughton was lucky today, we were 3 minutes from getting exactly what we deserved, nothing.

We are looking shit and I don’t see that changing apart from the odd game or two between now and the end of the season because our dour manager knows no better.

It could well be that Hughton isn't up to it, but anyone else coming in his going to have the same problems in midfield, Nolan, Smith, Guthrie and Butt are all slow and can't run, doesn't matter which combination you play. The amount of times Nolan and Guthrie got caught in possession while ponderously trying to move the ball forward was embarrassing. Utter, utter s****.

He's had the last transfer window to bring somebody in and he didn't, he must be happy with the central midfield or he would have done something about it.

Good manager + bad players = good performance (sometimes) As we saw when Keegan was here he could let a midfield of Geremi, Butt and Barton outplay teams like Spurs.

Crucially we had Martins to provide power and pace up front, and Owen providing runs from midfield. If we had someone to do what Owen did it would make a massive difference. Unfortunately we've got Kevin Nolan whose only fit body part is his drinking arm. 

The second they scored we went on top, so its understandable that he didnt make many changes.

Also many would have brought off Carroll for Ranger, which again on reflection probably wouldnt have been the best idea would it.

Long story short, we played negative football like garbage as usual and came away with a point. Exactly what everyone was saying theyd have been happy with last week after we got drubbed by Derby playing decent football.

The second they scored we went on top, so its understandable that he didnt make many changes.

Also many would have brought off Carroll for Ranger, which again on reflection probably wouldnt have been the best idea would it.

Long story short, we played negative football like garbage as usual and came away with a point. Exactly what everyone was saying theyd have been happy with last week after we got drubbed by Derby playing decent football.

You've been watching a different game to me, I don't think we were on top for more than 3 or 4 minutes during the whole game and that was around the time that we scored.  The argument about keeping Carroll on doesn't work as another player could have came on and scored 2, keeping Carroll on doesn't mean that we wouldn't have done the same or better without him.

Do you think its likely we'd have scored two with Carroll off and Ranger on?

I dont

No idea, Ranger would do more for the team play than Carroll who can rarely direct a header, can rarely stay on his feet but pops up in the right place at times.

Crucially we had Martins to provide power and pace up front, and Owen providing runs from midfield. If we had someone to do what Owen did it would make a massive difference. Unfortunately we've got Kevin Nolan whose only fit body part is his drinking arm

:lol:  I think Routledge could probably do the job Owen did back then. Not in terms of scoring the goals but in terms of creativity.

I think about something like:

Guthrie        Barton/Smith          Jonas

Routledge

Carroll/Ameobi/Ranger        Lovenkrands

Think this could work, but I doubt that Hughton will ever play like this.

Guest neesy111

inept, spineless, useless

the guy is not a football manager

he signed 6 players, and didn't do anything with our biggest weakness midfield, so as far as he see's it all is fine their