Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Going to appeal according to the Sun. :dowie:

Doesn't a frivolous appeal risk extending the ban?

Yep.  From last January...................

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand handed extended ban for ‘frivolous’ appeal

Rio Ferdinand's decision to contest a Football Association violent conduct charge backfired on Thursday when he received a four-match ban for striking Hull City’s Craig Fagan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7093338/Manchester-United-defender-Rio-Ferdinand-handed-extended-ban-for-frivolous-appeal.html

Taylor is strong and athletic, but he lacks composure and leadership qualities. That's what has held his career back.

Although he's the ideal build for a centre back, he's done better as a full back, because it's a simpler role and he has less responsibility.

Hopefully Campbell will keep him in order.

Absolute rubbish. He's actually quite weak despite his appearance, and is actually really stiff in the hips. It's why he tends to always seem to lose balance when any kind of physical pressure is put on him. Let's hope he doesn't get matched up against Drogba too often. It won't be pretty.

On what I've seen, I'm not 100% convinced it was a deliberate butt, although it most probably was. That'll be enough to convict him though.

Williamson has never struck me as a vicious or quick-tempered player, and most of the time those sort of blows happen in the immediate aftermath of a clash. Assuming he's guilty, it's premeditated and I'd really like to know what drove Williamson to do it.

Elmander must act like a prick on the pitch, Williamson doesn't seem hot-headed or anything and it's not the first time something has happened to Elmander this season and the reaction of Colocinni seems to confirm something was going on. He must be up to something.

Can't understand the bashing of Williamson or Taylor on here, it's not as if they stick out as a real weak link like Perch. Get behind which one is in the centre, stop picking faults.

The whole thing does stick on your throat a bit after the De Jong thing went unpunished.

Guest Brazilianbob

As the FA have seen fit on two occasions now this season to subject us to trial by TV, perhaps will we be seeing them reviewing tv footage of refs decisions not to award us blatant penalties.

While i wouldn't defend any of the three, the fact we've suffered retrospective punishment three times while hatchet man De Jong gets off scot-free is like a sick joke. I'd happily take three bans in that game alone to see us purposely kick the fuck out of that animal on Boxing Day.

While i wouldn't defend any of the three, the fact we've suffered retrospective punishment three times while hatchet man De Jong gets off scot-free is like a sick joke. I'd happily take three bans in that game alone to see us purposely kick the fuck out of that animal on Boxing Day.

Huddlestone gets nowt after stamping on Elmander. Confirms Spurs entrance into the elite clique at the top.

While i wouldn't defend any of the three, the fact we've suffered retrospective punishment three times while hatchet man De Jong gets off scot-free is like a sick joke. I'd happily take three bans in that game alone to see us purposely kick the f*** out of that animal on Boxing Day.

Huddlestone gets nowt after stamping on Elmander. Confirms Spurs entrance into the elite clique at the top.

Hudd is adamant he didn't do it intentionally.  The video suggests that it could go either way, only Hudd really knows if he meant it or not.

De Jong's challenge was far worse, no doubt about it.  I think that shows Citeh's elevation to the elite, money talks.

While i wouldn't defend any of the three, the fact we've suffered retrospective punishment three times while hatchet man De Jong gets off scot-free is like a sick joke. I'd happily take three bans in that game alone to see us purposely kick the f*** out of that animal on Boxing Day.

Hudd is adamant he didn't do it intentionally.  The video suggests that it could go either way, only Hudd really knows if he meant it or not.

De Jong's challenge was far worse, no doubt about it.  I think that shows Citeh's elevation to the elite, money talks.

The video eveidence showed him 100% stamp on the player. How it could be seen as otherwise only Wenger would know.

There was a case to answer, which should have been investigated properly rather than swept under the carpet.  That's where the inconsistency lies.

This is the big joke, spot on man.

Barton, Williamson and Colo were all loons to do what they did, but they all got punished for it and 2 of them didn't get seen by the ref.  De Jong did it in view of the ref and got a double fracture of his leg and 6 months out of the game.  De Jong get s some bad press, but no punishment at all.

Totally wrong.

Fuck it, it is what it is. Did any of us realistically expect the piss weak FA to do anything other than dish out a ban?

Thankfully we've got the strength in depth defensively to cover the loss of Colo and Williamson and who knows, it could be a blessing in disguise.

There was a case to answer, which should have been investigated properly rather than swept under the carpet.  That's where the inconsistency lies.

Wouldn't dispute that for a moment.  The fact that Hudd says it wasn't deliberate doesn't make it something that shouldn't have been investigated.  I don't get any enjoyment out of watching players kicking chunks out of each other, irrespective of which shirt they're wearing.  Pity the FA don't have the same mindset.

This is the big joke, spot on man.

Barton, Williamson and Colo were all loons to do what they did, but they all got punished for it and 2 of them didn't get seen by the ref.  De Jong did it in view of the ref and got a double fracture of his leg and 6 months out of the game.  De Jong get s some bad press, but no punishment at all.

Totally wrong.

O0

Not to mention Feillaini's double attack in our game at Goodison, dempsey's over reaction when we played Fulham and Rodellega's headbutt all stand out as incidents that could and probably should have been dealt with retrospectively, but weren't.

Its what I was trying to argue in the Barton thread the inconsistancy is truly galling

Guest Heneage

i agree with you all about consistency, but i think a few of you aren't seeing the wood for the trees here. of the three incidents that have seen our players get banned, not one could be interpreted either way, they were all blatant.

Bit like Feliani elbowing Williamson tbh. As for the Huddlestone one, his moved his feet into Elmander.

i agree with you all about consistency, but i think a few of you aren't seeing the wood for the trees here. of the three incidents that have seen our players get banned, not one could be interpreted either way, they were all blatant.

That's fine, but De Jong's was blatant and it caused Ben Arfa to be out for 6 months two parts of his leg broken.  Nothing was done by the FA. 

Guest neesy111

People should not be banging on about the De Jong incident.  We know the FA are cunts, which we have to live with.

Quite frankly we need to get our house in order.

People should not be banging on about the De Jong incident.  We know the FA are cunts, which we have to live with.

Quite frankly we need to get our house in order.

yup. collocini's fucking ridiculous, he's got footballing small man syndrome, he knows he's not physically cut out to be a central defender in this league but feels like he can make up for it just by being violent, it's not the first time he's lashed out.