Twitter

Thespence

Don't see a big deal with players trading shirts, bit of fun for the players. A player thanking another player for their shirt on Twitter in a clear "be my mate, please!!" fashion is facepalm worthy, though.

There used to be a time where you didn't swap shirts at this level. There was also a time you didn't bum each other on Twitter after the game.

The Blackpool players swapping shirts at Anfield was worse. Have some self respect ffs.

Fucking tragic that was. Bunch of queers

What happened?

It's just a bit small time to do it imo. Have a bit self pride, you saw some of the Blackpool players going for certain Liverpool players to swap with, just annoying to me is all.

Going looking for certain players is disappointing, especially considering that Blackpool are hardly a million miles away from Liverpool atm. But say, swapping with the player that you were up against during the game, or even the person nearest to you at the match is fair enough imo. Like Nixon says I think it's a good momento of of your career, when you've got all the money in the world to buy material goods then it's probably quite satisfying to collect something that can't realistically be purchased. I've always though van Persie was an arrogant dick (and he probably still is) but I thought that collection of his was quite humble of him.

The Twitter thing from Shelvey is a bit sad and weird, but then again he's only 18 and has probably grown up watching Ferdinand as a kid. He would have been what, 10 when Ferdinand was excellent at the 2002 WC?

Is that a mackem shirt with Woods on the back? Who the fuck is Woods?

Seriously though, I don't agree with the way you're looking at it. As fellow professionals I think it'd be quite humbling and self-grounding to be willing to swap shirts with your opposition, for instance van Persie clearly treasures his collection whether they're from Cronaldo or Martin Woods.

Played against us for Donny last season. Only had a handful of games for the mackems iirc.

There used to be a time where you didn't swap shirts at this level. There was also a time you didn't bum each other on Twitter after the game.

The Blackpool players swapping shirts at Anfield was worse. Have some self respect ffs.

f***ing tragic that was. Bunch of queers

What happened?

Blackpool players were running about like little lasses trying to get the prize shirts. Can be done in private for me.

Wasn't Martin Woods the one stood at the back wanking when the video come out a few years ago? :lol:

f***ing tragic that was. Bunch of queers

What happened?

Blackpool players were running about like little lasses trying to get the prize shirts. Can be done in private for me.

Wasn't Martin Woods the one stood at the back wanking when the video come out a few years ago? :lol:

aye  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Meh, the twitter post is a bit weird like.

Still don't think there's owt wrong with common professionalism between players and swapping shirts after a game.

For example, I think this from van Persie is great:

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj340/moemoe703703/persie_04_516x350_46693a.jpg

A lower league team swapping shirts with a Prem team for instance, would be acceptable in my eyes. Not two Prem teams who are supposed to be rivals man.

surely there are more important things to be concerned about than whether footballers swap shirts.

Meh, the twitter post is a bit weird like.

Still don't think there's owt wrong with common professionalism between players and swapping shirts after a game.

For example, I think this from van Persie is great:

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj340/moemoe703703/persie_04_516x350_46693a.jpg

A lower league team swapping shirts with a Prem team for instance, would be acceptable in my eyes. Not two Prem teams who are supposed to be rivals man.

surely there are more important things to be concerned about than whether footballers swap shirts.

like where they get tattoos for example.

Eh? What's this? Some footballer wanking on video ?

Ben Alnwick, some other mackem who i forget filmed themselves shagging some young slag and Woods was there too but he was just wanking in the corner watching wearing a shite jumper.

:lol: All I remember of that video was someone describing a sexual manoeuvre as "textbook" and Lawrence's massive cock.

the commentary was canny funny , Chris Brown IIRC. Lass was pretty fit too :thup:

:lol: All I remember of that video was someone describing a sexual manoeuvre as "textbook" and Lawrence's massive cock.

“Here’s the boys — the watching faithful — every week without fail.”