Dirty Harry - Tax Dodger

NG32

Kick tottenham out of the CL, I say.

Give us a chance, we're not in the bloody thing yet.

Been saying that most of the week. You've not got to the group stages yet and Sky are going on like you've won thing?!

One of the nice things about moving to the States has been avoiding much of the vast quantities of bullshit in the tabloids/Sky Sports/Talkshite etc. All we have to worry about is Robbie Mustoe and some comedy Irish bloke whose name escapes me.

Notice Harry is annoyed about the papers reporting a £2m bonus.

Well we wouldn't want the tax man knowing about it would we?

funny thay was my immediate thought too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fair enough, if it's just Premeir League manager of the year, rather than overall.

Fucking Premier League  :facepalm: So he spends his way into 4th place, and thats better than what Roy Hodgson has done, what Mick McCarthy managed, or how Alex McLeish has got Birmingham punching WAY above their weight? Premier League man  :facepalm:

Just reading a few interesting points about Spurs. 

Only Man City have spent more than them over the last 3 years, and it's only 3 years since Martin Jol got them back to back 5th place finishes.

a shame that when we spent like that we went downwards.

Surely Ancelotti has to be manager of the season? To win the league in your first season in English football scoring over 100 goals in the process is nothing short of amazing.

Guest kingdawson

Fair enough, if it's just Premeir League manager of the year, rather than overall.

f***ing Premier League  :facepalm: So he spends his way into 4th place, and thats better than what Roy Hodgson has done, what Mick McCarthy managed, or how Alex McLeish has got Birmingham punching WAY above their weight? Premier League man  :facepalm:

Spends his wage.....i would just show you our net spend but done it before already.

Guest kingdawson

Cant wait til Monday when Chelsea(more than likely) win the league, the media bukkake over Spurs and Redknapp is getting beyond a joke. They make out he has done this on a shoestring in one paper today :rolleyes:

Well he kinda has.

Anyway tax dodger or not, he's done a fantastic job at Spurs. Thant can not be denied.

End of the day it could all be for nothing if they fall at the final hurdle like Everton did a few years back.

I doubt they will be highly seeded, they could end up with a 3rd or 4th place Italian or Spanish team and they are knackered.

Are we still the last team outside the 'big 4' that has played CL group stages?

Guest kingdawson

End of the day it could all be for nothing if they fall at the final hurdle like Everton did a few years back.

I doubt they will be highly seeded, they could end up with a 3rd or 4th place Italian or Spanish team and they are knackered.

It's already been confirmed that we're seeded for the qualifiers.

So a safe passage then? How come you are seeded? Is it down to the strength of the league rather than your euro record?

So a safe passage then? How come you are seeded? Is it down to the strength of the league rather than your euro record?

Yes and no. Your ranking is primarily based on your own performances in Europe over the past five seasons, with, I believe, a few bonus points based on your league's overall ranking. The league bonus is worth next to nothing on its own.

Everton were fucked when they got in the CL in 2005 because they had won practically zero European games in the previous 5 seasons, and so had a pathetic ranking of just the 23 or so points you get just for being in the EPL. Obviously, they were one of the stronger teams in the round, but their non-existent ranking dumped them in the shitty side of the draw and they had the bad luck to draw Villareal.

In the CL, it really pays to have won your games in the UEFA Cup, because you really want to be in pot 1 or 2, given the way the set-up heavily favours side with a recent history of success in Europe.

Spurs have been no great shakes in Europe over the past few seasons, but they've done enough to get into the top half of the 3rd round draw, and thus be seeded.

If they do make it through to the CL group stages, they'll almost certainly end up in pot 3, and thus be likely to get a difficult draw.

The site for Euro rankings is here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2010.html

DISCLAIMER: this is all based on the extremely extensive research I did in 2005 after the whole CL qualification debacle. Things may have changed in the meantime.