NUFC pledge to freeze season ticket prices

Thespence

TOON season ticket prices will be frozen – even if the club secures promotion back to the Premier League.

United today revealed any supporter renewing before the end of March will be able to buy their ticket at the same cost as this year.

Prices will rise back to those from the 2008/09 season for anyone signing up after that date.

The club says the price freeze is aimed at rewarding fans for their support during the current Championship campaign.

Despite playing in the second tier of English football, United has the fifth highest average attendance in the country.

The number of seats available in St James’ Park for families is also increasing due to demand.

Level six of the Sir John Hall Stand will be opened as a family lounge, with 782 seats available.

That means there will now be 5,790 family-priced seats, more than six times as many as there were two seasons ago.

Welcoming the announcement, manager Chris Hughton said: “It’s fantastic that our supporters are being given the opportunity to renew their season tickets for next season at 2009/10 prices.

“Their support this season, home and away, has been absolutely phenomenal and this is due reward for that.”

Following relegation from the Premier League, United reduced its season ticket prices to the level they are currently at.

Today’s announcement means anyone renewing by March 31 can purchase their same seat at this season’s prices even if promotion is secured back to the top flight in May.

The cost of tickets in the new family lounge will be £450 for adults and £150 for juniors, with existing season ticket holders given priority to move into this new area.

Season ticket prices for juniors in existing family areas will be frozen at £100 for both those renewing and new customers.

In addition, anyone that renews before the deadline by visiting the club’s website will be entered into a prize draw to win their 2010-11 ticket free.

Renewal packs will be arriving with supporters from the end of this week.

Season ticket holder and editor of Players’ Inc fanzine Steve Wraith said: “This is fantastic news. This season, the support hasn’t let the club down, even when many people were predicting the crowd could fall below 30,000.

“Things have gradually got better over the course of the season and this weekend we could end up with the first 50,000 attendance of the season. This is a great reward for the loyal support of the fans and hopefully if the club gets a lot of the money in early, it can go to Chris Hughton to use in the transfer market.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/03/03/nufc-pledge-to-freeze-season-ticket-prices-72703-25952781/

Guest Roger Kint

Hang on.

So I paid for 3 years in advance to guarantee the lowest price....and every f***er's got it.

Bastards.

So has anyone got cheaper? ???

Hang on.

So I paid for 3 years in advance to guarantee the lowest price....and every f***er's got it.

Bastards.

You could argue that if everyone else had just left the cash in their bank account and earned interest they'd be better off than all those who paid in advance (essentially providing NUFC with interest free 3 year loans with zero return)

Hang on.

Bastards.

I'm deliberatley misrepresenting the situation to make out they've screwed me  :joker: .  I think L7 corner seats were £380 a season and I got mine for £350 a season by paying it all up front.  I don't think anyone committing to 3 years by Direct Debit has saved anything though.

Hang on.

Bastards.

You could argue that if everyone else had just left the cash in their bank account and earned interest they'd be better off than all those who paid in advance (essentially providing NUFC with interest free 3 year loans with zero return)

You could, but it would be clutching at straws somewhat.

I paid 3 years upfront fully knowing that all I was sure of was that I'd be protected against any price rises if there were any.

If having my money early has saved one more of the normal people (ie those working in the background with families to support) at the club from being made redundant then that's more than enough for me.

Hang on.

Bastards.

I'm deliberatley misrepresenting the situation to make out they've screwed me  :joker: .  I think L7 corner seats were £380 a season and I got mine for £350 a season by paying it all up front.  I don't think anyone committing to 3 years by Direct Debit has saved anything though.

"Toon fans in season tickets shocker"

Guest Roger Kint

Hang on.

Bastards.

lol dont worry i totally agree but couldnt resist.

I paid £440 for 3 years upfront in the Gallowgate(sure this years were about £460to £480 or something so not really an advantage laying £1300 up front :dave:

Hang on.

Bastards.

I paid 3 years upfront fully knowing that all I was sure of was that I'd be protected against any price rises if there were any.

If having my money early has saved one more of the normal people (ie those working in the background with families to support) at the club from being made redundant then that's more than enough for me.

Ha, I was indeed being fenickity (sp?). Good point though, paying for the protection against rises is actually worth the advance alone and i don't really have a problem with loaning money to the club / paying advances. Well, as long as they don't do what Cardiff did.

Hang on.

Bastards.

Nah your money went towards KK's pay off.

If I was a ST holder, I wouldn't renew before promotion was guarenteed like :lol:

lol its clearly a get as many people to renew now before it all goes tits up in the last few games haha

Hang on.

Bastards.

Nah your money went towards KK's pay off.

Mine in particular? :lol:

Even better then.

Guest icemanblue

It would have been daft for them to raise the prices anyway.

Doesn't the price go up if you miss the deadline though ?

That's what the article implies.

It's a clever move, by holding the price at the current levels for the early birds, before we have secured promotion. The club is hoping to head off any exodus of season ticket holders should we not get promoted this season.

The key line is really, that this offer is for a limited time only.