Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Yes it did. What does singing anything achieve? It's making our feelings felt. I don't give a f*** what Ashley thinks as long as he knows he's not welcome here.

Thanks for eventually answering it.  Also, thanks for the justification for singing anti ashley songs, as I've said elsewhere, Ashley was the last thing on my mind when we were 6-0 up.  :lol:

Tim beat me to this point sadly, but I'll add to what he said. It doesn't surprise me that you would translate me being embarrassed at our crowds lack of joining in with a chant as me thinking the LC is better than the rest. There you go: this myth is based on you coming to your own conclusion rather than me saying anything. It's a sad state of affairs when you're accused of thinking you're better than everyone else because you want a good home atmosphere :no:

I've never at any time said that those in the Leazes corner think they are better than others, I do find your embarrassment strange though and I've never felt the need to stand up to show my feelings for the football club, I do that by attending games.  I understand how others might think that those in the Leazes corner think they are better than others but that doesn’t mean that I agree with them.

You might find it hard to understand but it is possible to understand somebody’s point of view without actually agreeing with them.

The Leazes Corner gets so much crap on here it's embarrassing.  I can see how fans would get annoyed by being perceived as being lesser fans just because they aren't as loud as other parts of the ground but it's hard to argue against the fact that without the LC noise the ground would be almost dead.  Just facts, not anyone thinking they're better than anyone else.

I think people are all arguing over nothing re the Mike Ashley vs Level7 debate.

The vast majority of Level 7 replaced "Get out of our club" with "we don't care about Ashley" a while ago now. ("we dont care about Ashley" - is a pro NUFC song!)

"Get out of our club" gets a tongue in cheek rendition every now and then but sometimes this is barely audible in Level 7 let alone anywhere else. And if people who sit in other areas of the ground are as deaf to Level 7 as they state there is no way they would have heard any 'anti-ashley' sentiment come from Level 7 in a couple of months tbh!

To me I think folk are using 'Anti Ashley' sentiment as a inadequate basis for a debate on their personal feelings on Level7 and its occupants!

either way this should definately not be in a thread regarding NUFC's most infatic win in recent memory.  :no:

The Leazes Corner does have quite a large contingent of kids and charvas which gives it a bad name but for my money it's the best part of the ground to watch the match from. I'm neither a kid nor a Stone Island clad charva (although there was one trying to twock my seat when I arrived yesterday, another story for another time) and I throughly enjoy myself up there. I do cringe every now and again when someone starts off a tired old chant aimed at the away support but I just don't join in. I don't think you can really comment on it until you've sat up there if I'm honest.

The accusations of snobbery really baffle me. If anything it's a tad hypocritical as it's obvious that the fans who sit elsewhere and have a real issue with the LC are the ones who think they're better.

Guest toonlass

Anyway back to football

Harper - 6 - Nowt much to do, and couldn't do much about the goal

Simpson - 6 - should have done better for the goal

Williamson - 8 - Good on the ground but superb in the air

Colocinni - 7.5 - I just love it when Colo does the simple things well, he makes attacking players look like mugs.

Jose - 7 - Was playing well and showing his class before breaking down

Pancrate - 7 - Made some great crosses, was hit and miss in the first half but came into his own in the second and could have had a goal himself

Nolan - 7 - Eluded everyone to get on the end of Kadar's pass and score his 13th of the season

Guthrie - 9 - My man of the match, 2 superb goals, and he just ran the game for me, making some sublime passes.

Jonas - 8.5 - Fucked with the minds of the Barnsley players, they just couldn't work out what he was going to do, one of the best goals I have seen in a long time too. Breath-taking.

Lovenkrands - 8.5  - Sweetly taken pelanty, ran none-stop, could have had three, bloody wonderful.

Carroll - 7 - Beautiful cross for Lovelypants' second, he is getting better as the season goes on

Kadar - 7 - Sweet pass for Nolan's goal, looked like he fitted right in for Enrique

Best - 6 - Made one good run but not as great as his name suggests and will need replacing if we go up

Taylor - 6 - Nearly had another goal, did what he had to do in the game.

Guest toonlass

Kadar and Pancrate deserve a lot of credit for yesterday's performance.

They got 7's, I think that is credit.

I was genuinely gutted we failed to keep a clean sheet. How daft?

actually felt sorry for their sub keeper by the end, not sure if he managed a real save

The Beeb's official stats are fantastic reading. We only had 5 shots on target apparently :lol:

1 of the goals was a header.

I think it's more a case of penalties not counting as a shot, still confused me initially when I glanced at them.

Nor do headers, but were both probs right, with us having one shot on target that didn't go in.

:lol:

I wonder if for some odd reason they class Jonas' goal as off target with it going in off the bar?

I really like the look of Kadar. He could be some player given time.

Kadar looks to be the sort of lad who takes being chosen for the first team as vindication of the confidence he already has in his own ability. His assured performances indicate this.

It  shows that it is never too early to play the right youngsters and in fact just speeds up their development into top players.

If your good enough your old enough rings true in this lads case

Guest Phil K

Kadar looks more steady at LB than Van Rental ever did!

Was (and still am) ill with heavy cold/flu/whatever it is, and never saw any of the game - even on Skysports. Encouraging, that Kadar is getting it together and repaying the faith in him although Ronaldo seems to see it differently.

I was genuinely gutted we failed to keep a clean sheet. How daft?

actually felt sorry for their sub keeper by the end, not sure if he managed a real save

The Beeb's official stats are fantastic reading. We only had 5 shots on target apparently :lol:

1 of the goals was a header.

I think it's more a case of penalties not counting as a shot, still confused me initially when I glanced at them.

Nor do headers, but were both probs right, with us having one shot on target that didn't go in.

:lol:

I wonder if for some odd reason they class Jonas' goal as off target with it going in off the bar?

Perhaps Guthrie's free kick is not counted as a shot? Seems a bit odd like.

Re: we should all get behind Ashley and stop being horrid to him - I wonder if the Liverpool Yanks and the Glazers have considered this as a PR exercise. Decimate the club, get them relegated, win a few matches in the CCC and they will find the Man Utd/Liverpool fans will be tripping over themselves to tell each other what a brilliant job they're doing all of a sudden.

Guest Heneage

Re: we should all get behind Ashley and stop being horrid to him - I wonder if the Liverpool Yanks and the Glazers have considered this as a PR exercise. Decimate the club, get them relegated, win a few matches in the CCC and they will find the Man Utd/Liverpool fans will be tripping over themselves to tell each other what a brilliant job they're doing all of a sudden.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yfn64ncD7YQ/SvRDX3qqWzI/AAAAAAAAADQ/R81zkrrZtfM/s400/broken_record.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yfn64ncD7YQ/SvRDX3qqWzI/AAAAAAAAADQ/R81zkrrZtfM/s400/broken_record.jpg

Still in the Championship aren't we?