Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Guest toonlass

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

hey blef....was farty man farting today ?

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

:lol: :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I still think it's understandable, the songs may be from the wrong hymn sheet though, which is understandably why people are starting to get sick of it. Imo though Ashley and Llambias will love that there's conflict of opinion on it between fans.

To me the songs are sung because despite our position, and despite promises of invenstment. He put us in this position, and his promises have been nothing but hollow, and downright lies for a long time.

In time he may prove to be right with his promises, and at that point I'll say fair enough. But at this stage they've got some right f***ing cheek to be thinking we're stupid enough to forget all of the lies, all of the s***, basically just because those same liars are now telling us that they're committed. Bluntly, f*** off. One good transfer window, admitting you've made mistakes, and saying you'll invest doesn't paint the full picture, and they'll do themselves no favours by suggesting that those that refuse to go away and shut up about it aren't real fans.

imo the songs are wrong, but the sentiment is right. Less 'get out of our club' and more 'show us why we should think you should stay.'

Guest malandro

If we are winning 6-0 you have to be a determinedly miserable b****** to moan about Ashley instead of enjoying a great result. Can't think of a worse time to do it myself.

It’s the perfect time if you want him to understand a few easy wins in a piss poor league hasn’t convinced you he’s got NUFCs best interests at heart.

Has to be someone on here. :lol:

I still think it's understandable, the songs may be from the wrong hymn sheet though, which is understandably why people are starting to get sick of it. Imo though Ashley and Llambias will love that there's conflict of opinion on it between fans.

To me the songs are sung because despite our position, and despite promises of invenstment. He put us in this position, and his promises have been nothing but hollow, and downright lies for a long time.

In time he may prove to be right with his promises, and at that point I'll say fair enough. But at this stage they've got some right f***ing cheek to be thinking we're stupid enough to forget all of the lies, all of the s***, basically just because those same liars are now telling us that they're committed. Bluntly, f*** off. One good transfer window, admitting you've made mistakes, and saying you'll invest doesn't paint the full picture, and they'll do themselves no favours by suggesting that those that refuse to go away and shut up about it aren't real fans.

imo the songs are wrong, but the sentiment is right. Less 'get out of our club' and more 'show us why we think you should stay.'

We're top of the league and are so by some distance now, what more could the club do?  I always think you should judge somebody by what they do and not what they say.  At this time we're doing very well and could hardly do any better and that's how I’ll judge them.

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

Guest toonlass

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

What they did was get us relegated, or at least played a massive part in it.

They did and nothing we do now will change that, we can change the future and as nobody want to buy the club singing about Ashley is pointless, it's like pissing in the wind.

They guy has made mistakes, he's accepted that, unfortuantly for us it cost us dearly. The guy though has put money into the club to keep it running, has now got a system in place for building the teams, and the club so that it can start to make a profit, we are top of the league, he has backed the manager (maybe he's not the right manager if we go up), what more do you want him to do?, what more can the guy do?

It's not like he can go to the FA or the Premier League ans say "I fucked up, keeps us in the Premiership please?" is it?, The only thing he can do to change the mistakes he made and start to build the club is whats he's been doing all season (or atleast announced a full time manager).

Guest firetotheworks

imo the songs are wrong, but the sentiment is right. Less 'get out of our club' and more 'show us why we think you should stay.'

We're top of the league and are so by some distance now, what more could the club do?  I always think you should judge somebody by what they do and not what they say.  At this time we're doing very well and could hardly do any better and that's how I’ll judge them.

Exactly, but obviously the damage isn't undone, and until there is real evidence to suggest they're not continuing with their persistent lying then the fans can sing what they like imo. My only gripe with them is that the songs aren't quite right.

You might think, what more can we do? At the moment, nothing. In all, a colossal amount.

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

Then all of you lot should start on him and say he started it, the little fecker will be beaten up and banned from future games.

Simples *makes meerkat noise*

Exactly, but obviously the damage isn't undone, and until there is real evidence to suggest they're not continuing with their persistent lying then the fans can sing what they like imo. My only gripe with them is that the songs aren't quite right.

You might think, what more can we do? At the moment, nothing. In all, a colossal amount.

i love this persistent lying stuff. they all tell lies all the time. i wouldn't want them to tell the truth all the time.

Guest firetotheworks

i love this persistent lying stuff. they all tell lies all the time. i wouldn't want them to tell the truth all the time.

There's embellishing, and hype and that I dont mind. It's the whole misleading, contradictory and unsupported claims throughout their time that will go a long way before being forgiven.

Guest malandro

imo the songs are wrong, but the sentiment is right. Less 'get out of our club' and more 'show us why we should think you should stay.'

:clap2:

Ashley came to Newcastle with a clean slate and had the support of almost all the fans. Since then he has antagonised huge swathes of the support with his crass antics and blatant lies. He lost their trust and has an awful lot to do before he wins it back.

Hughton himself today admitted he had no idea how we’d fair in this division, which makes attributing our success to some kind of Ashley inspired plan tenuous at best. He’s got lucky this time, whether his luck will hold remains to be seen and if it all goes tits up again over the next few years it’ll be interesting to see how calls for him to get out our club at SJP are received.

Guest toonlass

Wonder what we are going to do about the left-back position. Do we need to get someone like Van Aanholt back on loan till Enrique is fit and was he rushed back because Van Aanholt's loan was up?

Guest firetotheworks

Wonder what we are going to do about the left-back position. Do we need to get someone like Van Aanholt back on loan till Enrique is fit and was he rushed back because Van Aanholt's loan was up?

I'm not sure, but I knew Jose' would go straight back out, it happened to him the last time. I wonder if we could just actually get Van Aanholt back? I don't see why it would be a problem.

I'm not sure, but I knew Jose' would go straight back out, it happened to him the last time. I wonder if we could just actually get Van Aanholt back? I don't see why it would be a problem.

saying that the last couple of time kadars played at left back he's looked very tidy and growing in confidence.

Guest toonlass

I had a feeling too that Jose was being rushed back, shame because he is class.

Guest malandro

They guy has made mistakes, he's accepted that, unfortuantly for us it cost us dearly. The guy though has put money into the club to keep it running, has now got a system in place for building the teams, and the club so that it can start to make a profit, we are top of the league, he has backed the manager (maybe he's not the right manager if we go up), what more do you want him to do?, what more can the guy do?

It's not like he can go to the FA or the Premier League ans say "I f***ed up, keeps us in the Premiership please?" is it?, The only thing he can do to change the mistakes he made and start to build the club is whats he's been doing all season (or atleast announced a full time manager).

And what do you think is going to happen to this profit?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Great day, awesome performance and hopefully it will put us on a good run in our final few games.

Nice to make the Nottingham and WBA fans slightly more bitter and as for them in Wearside a quick browse on the SMB confirms they are bricking it! :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

saying that the last couple of time kadars played at left back he's looked very tidy and growing in confidence.

Aye, I thought he was dodgy against Palace, leaving gaps at the back. But he looks to have learned from that. I've never seem him play badly either.

Kadar must be given games we don't need to protect him in this division and the experience will be a massive plus if we need to use him next season.  One of the highlights for me today was the performance of Kadar.

It's not like he can go to the FA or the Premier League ans say "I f***ed up, keeps us in the Premiership please?" is it?, The only thing he can do to change the mistakes he made and start to build the club is whats he's been doing all season (or atleast announced a full time manager).

And what do you think is going to happen to this profit?

Look, I can't give evidence that the guy isn't a twat, and you can't give me evidence he is. Don't tell me he's bought the club for millions, fucked, ad kept it afloat when he could easily of put it into admin. I'm jusat saying that the signs are encouraging this season in both his off the field plans and whats happening on the field. Whats wrong with not shouting to the guy to fuck off?, ans whats wrong with thinking he's changed or atleast noticing positive changes?

Forgive me for not shouting bad things to the guy who looks (in my opinion) to be changing the club for the better and could easily send the club into a worse position of Portsmouth. Lay off the guys back and start forcusing on the team, it's like your looking for him to slip up.

Kadar must be given games we don't need to protect him in this division and the experience will be a massive plus if we need to use him next season.  One of the highlights for me today was the performance of Kadar.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. :thup: