Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Exactly, but obviously the damage isn't undone, and until there is real evidence to suggest they're not continuing with their persistent lying then the fans can sing what they like imo. My only gripe with them is that the songs aren't quite right.

You might think, what more can we do? At the moment, nothing. In all, a colossal amount.

The damage can never be undone and we don't need to forget, just to give them another chance as we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Nobody wants to buy the club so no matter what anybody thinks, does or wants, we're stuck with him.

Guest Brummiemag

5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that we would have been relagated  to the 2nd Division.

Ashley has achieved it and now some people are grateful he is taking us back up! 

Guest malandro

What they did was get us relegated, or at least played a massive part in it.

They guy has made mistakes, he's accepted that, unfortuantly for us it cost us dearly. The guy though has put money into the club to keep it running, has now got a system in place for building the teams, and the club so that it can start to make a profit, we are top of the league, he has backed the manager (maybe he's not the right manager if we go up), what more do you want him to do?, what more can the guy do?

It's not like he can go to the FA or the Premier League ans say "I f***ed up, keeps us in the Premiership please?" is it?, The only thing he can do to change the mistakes he made and start to build the club is whats he's been doing all season (or atleast announced a full time manager).

And what do you think is going to happen to this profit?

Look, I can't give evidence that the guy isn't a t***, and you can't give me evidence he is. Don't tell me he's bought the club for millions, f***ed, ad kept it afloat when he could easily of put it into admin. I'm jusat saying that the signs are encouraging this season in both his off the field plans and whats happening on the field. Whats wrong with not shouting to the guy to f*** off?, ans whats wrong with thinking he's changed or atleast noticing positive changes?

Forgive me for not shouting bad things to the guy who looks (in my opinion) to be changing the club for the better and could easily send the club into a worse position of Portsmouth. Lay off the guys back and start forcusing on the team, it's like your looking for him to slip up.

I’m just asking you what you think will happen to these profits

5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that we would have been relagated  to the 2nd Division.

Ashley has achieved it and now some people are grateful he is taking us back up! 

5 years ago it wasn't unthinkable.

I'm grateful that he's taken us back up and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Guest toonlass

Good to see Nolan on the goal trail once again. Certainly didn't look unfit today.

Aye, I don't like all the stick Nolan gets. Someone doesn't score 13 "lucky" goals in a season. The lad has done well.

I am grateful that Shepherd was ousted before he did a "Portsmouth" with us, because that is where we were heading. Doesn't excuse Ashley in any way for the debarcle of last season but a lot of players need to be looked at for their role in our relegation too.

They guy has made mistakes, he's accepted that, unfortuantly for us it cost us dearly. The guy though has put money into the club to keep it running, has now got a system in place for building the teams, and the club so that it can start to make a profit, we are top of the league, he has backed the manager (maybe he's not the right manager if we go up), what more do you want him to do?, what more can the guy do?

It's not like he can go to the FA or the Premier League ans say "I f***ed up, keeps us in the Premiership please?" is it?, The only thing he can do to change the mistakes he made and start to build the club is whats he's been doing all season (or atleast announced a full time manager).

Look, I can't give evidence that the guy isn't a t***, and you can't give me evidence he is. Don't tell me he's bought the club for millions, f***ed, ad kept it afloat when he could easily of put it into admin. I'm jusat saying that the signs are encouraging this season in both his off the field plans and whats happening on the field. Whats wrong with not shouting to the guy to f*** off?, ans whats wrong with thinking he's changed or atleast noticing positive changes?

Forgive me for not shouting bad things to the guy who looks (in my opinion) to be changing the club for the better and could easily send the club into a worse position of Portsmouth. Lay off the guys back and start forcusing on the team, it's like your looking for him to slip up.

he may use them to put back into the club. he may try and get some money out to offset the over 200million he's paid out already.

I take your point but 5 years ago it would have been unthinkable to see a Premier League team, with all of the income that brings, on the verge of being wiped from the face of the sport because of the financial state they'd got themselves into.

they will be kept within the club to make it look more attractive to potential buyers and also invest in the future of the club. It would look abit iffy if the books showed the club making a profit and that profit being taken out of the club altogether.

But it doesn't matter, having a club making a profit is better then having a club making a loss any day of the week.

Guest toonlass

they will be kept within the club to make it look more attractive to potential buyers and also invest in the future of the club. It would look abit iffy if the books showed the club making a profit and that profit being taken out of the club altogether.

Or paid to the Chairman and his cronies like it used to be?

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

hey blef....was farty man farting today ?

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

I have cold so I couldn't smell the cunt today. Believe it or not it made the result even better :lol:

It's been discussed many times why he wouldn't take us into admin, majority of the debt is to him so it wouldn't make any sense. The team and Hughton deserve credit for being top of the league, even if a lot of us moan about the style/performances etc. But i've seen very little sign of Ashley doing anything differently. I think people could give evidence as to why he, or the people he has put in certain positions, are complete twats.

He has changed, Keegan left because of Wise and Co bringing in players.  Wise and Co have gone and the manager brings in his own players.  They could and should have done that earlier but they didn't, better late than never and a sign that lessons are learned.

Guest toonlass

I thought the reason people objected to the ashley chants was because it might affect the team. Surely 6-0 is the right time to do it if that's the case. Or is he off the hook now.

No he's not off the hook, but apart from making yourself look ignorant about footballing finances what else does chanting abuse at Ashley do? He isn't going to decide one day in the middle of the season that he is going to up sticks and leave because a bunch of lads in tracky bottoms bought from his Sports Direct shop are calling him nasty names is he? I don't think anyone needs to be told to get behind the team (well apart from the tartan blanket brigade in the East Stand but unless they have their hearing aids switched on they wouldn't hear me anyway), but it's a waste of carbon dioxide and saliva shouting s**** at Ashley.

Aye he was. I took is photo and am going to set up a facebook group outing the dirty fecker.

What happens if he has one of those medical conditions that gives him a stomach or whatever problem that makes him fart all the time?

His giggling after he gasses 2,000 unlucky sods behind him between 5 and 20 times each game suggests it more malice than medical. You should have tried standing behind him just after christmas man, I am sure he had extra sprouts and bottles of dog on purpose. We are going to ask Llambias for complimentary gas masks up in the cheap seats. (we did discuss dust masks but remembered the hassle some lads got when the smoggies came into toon and so ruled it out).

I have cold so I couldn't smell the cunt today. Believe it or not it made the result even better :lol:

You lucky, lucky bastard!

Every year every clubs fights for survivle, Europe, the Champions League and the title, no club is given a god given right to any of these (though refereeing decision for the top 4 says otherwise). We didn't surivive, it happend, it happend to other clubs for example Leeds and it will happen to other clubs who should in theory be competeting at the top of the league.

"I can't smell it" are usually the words of a guilty man. :rolleyes:

The team & Hughton not only deserve most the credit for hopefully getting straight back up, but are regularly getting vocal credit, Enrique's, S Taylor's, Lovenkrands' and now Collocicni's names have more often than not been belted out at home games, and Hughton is getting his name sung too. Credit is being given on matchday where it should be. Knowing all of this, I cant believe the snobbery of some comments on here about the fans who are at the LC. Just because on a side note certain songs are repeated to the away fans quite often, and that fans let Ashley know they dont concur with his MD's statement that 'most fans have been won over' (aswell as the other patronising & insulting comments).

It's been discussed many times why he wouldn't take us into admin, majority of the debt is to him so it wouldn't make any sense. The team and Hughton deserve credit for being top of the league, even if a lot of us moan about the style/performances etc. But i've seen very little sign of Ashley doing anything differently. I think people could give evidence as to why he, or the people he has put in certain positions, are complete twats.

He has changed, Keegan left because of Wise and Co bringing in players.  Wise and Co have gone and the manager brings in his own players.  They could and should have done that earlier but they didn't, better late than never and a sign that lessons are learned.

Far to early to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I see it like this - we were not a Championship club until Mike Ashley bought us. Due to his gross mismanagement we are now a league lower than we realistically should be. Now I'm not a Keegan fanboy who thinks he can do no wrong (although I believe he was justified in leaving) and while his sacking/resignation was the catalyst it wasn't the only reason I and many others got fucked off. Last year was more than just farcical on the pitch - it was genuinely offensive off it too. There was a contempt shown for the support by Derek Llambias (and Ashley by proxy, although he was quiet) that made Freddy Shepherd look caring and for that reason I'm still going to sing, chant and do whatever else I need to do to convey my annoyance (although FCB song is a bit boring now).

Providing we get back up and build I'm happy to forgive and forget. One condition is that Ashley needs to get rid of Disco Dekka and talk to the fans directly, not through some Mockney rent-a-gob who has no idea what he's doing.

"I can't smell it" are usually the words of a guilty man. :rolleyes:

Not guilty, guv. I sit in row Y so if I did shat myself I'd only be gassing wor kid and my mates.

Guest malandro

Exactly, but obviously the damage isn't undone, and until there is real evidence to suggest they're not continuing with their persistent lying then the fans can sing what they like imo. My only gripe with them is that the songs aren't quite right.

You might think, what more can we do? At the moment, nothing. In all, a colossal amount.

The damage can never be undone and we don't need to forget, just to give them another chance as we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Nobody wants to buy the club so no matter what anybody thinks, does or wants, we're stuck with him.

The problem with that approach is it will make it easy for them to revert to type. That’s if they have changed their ways, which is highly debatable. Until we’re 100% certain he isn’t just playing us for fools again it’s in the best interests of the club to keep the pressure on. This doesn’t mean we have to organise a lynch mob or even carry on with the FCB chants, only that we don’t trust him on the flimsiest of evidence.

This is why I keep banging on about the loans. The only way they can be repaid is by using any profits the club makes, and the only way the club can make sufficiently large profits is by gambling on staying up on a shoestring. This would be very bad for our long term prospects, but very good for Mike’s bank balance. All this stuff about having a transfer war chest in two years time may be true, or it may be ruse to make sure we keep on handing over our cash long enough for Ashley to get his money back. I don’t know which is true, but I do know our ‘success’ this season has resulted in a lot of people taking their eye off the ball.

Guest malandro

Dekka said it was unthinkable last about this time last year.

Aye, but he's a proven liar though isn't he?

I think he must've been the only person in Newcastle who couldn't see it coming.