REALITY CHECK: PREM FOOTBALL IS VERY DIFFERENT!!

buzza

Statistically the Premiership is quite a bit worse than the Championship. 

When I added up the points accumulated for all of the teams in each of the leagues so far this season I found that the Championship teams have a combined total of 1112 points while the Premiership teams only have 770.

I think that blows a lot of myths out of the water.

That's rubbish.  More games have been played in the Championship and you could argue that the Premiership is more competitive so there are more draws and less points distributed.

We will easily stay up. We get promoted with two bits of cannon fodder & one of the shit teams at the bottom end finally fails to stay up. We should really aim for top a 4 place in the bottom half of the league table.

When I added up the points accumulated for all of the teams in each of the leagues so far this season I found that the Championship teams have a combined total of 1112 points while the Premiership teams only have 770.

That's rubbish.  More games have been played in the Championship and you could argue that the Premiership is more competitive so there are more draws and less points distributed.

I don't think he was being serious.

Whoosh! :blush: :doh:

:facepalm:

Whoosh! :blush: :doh:

You were successfully trolled http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/checkit.gif

tbh, I couldnt care less what Football we play. At the end of the day its winning what counts, and if playing long ball, anti football is what it takes then so be it. I'd sure as hell rather be playing like Bolton when they finished 7th than get relegated playing nice attractive football like West Brom and Norwich did. I tend to look at it this way; we come up against a side, play some cracking football, but get beat 4-3, I wont come away from SJP happy that we played some nice stuff, I'll be as disappointed as ever, whereas if we won 1-0 while playing hoof ball tactics I'll be happy as larry, no matter what brand of football we played.

The key thing is that the long ball tactic then has to progress into something more attractive to watch once we're established in the league. Bolton have been playing long ball, defensive football for years, the fans grow tired of it eventually. Agree with what you say.

Everton are a great example to follow IMO. They have been playing functional football for a few seasons while they built up the quality of their squad within a realistic sustainable budget but are now not only capable of giving the better teams a bloody nose but are playing some very decent footbaqll as well. The point is they built a solid base first and have added quality over time. We can worry about playing pretty football once we are in the top 8, until then points must come first next season.

tbh, I couldnt care less what Football we play. At the end of the day its winning what counts, and if playing long ball, anti football is what it takes then so be it. I'd sure as hell rather be playing like Bolton when they finished 7th than get relegated playing nice attractive football like West Brom and Norwich did. I tend to look at it this way; we come up against a side, play some cracking football, but get beat 4-3, I wont come away from SJP happy that we played some nice stuff, I'll be as disappointed as ever, whereas if we won 1-0 while playing hoof ball tactics I'll be happy as larry, no matter what brand of football we played.

The key thing is that the long ball tactic then has to progress into something more attractive to watch once we're established in the league. Bolton have been playing long ball, defensive football for years, the fans grow tired of it eventually. Agree with what you say.

Everton are a great example to follow IMO. They have been playing functional football for a few seasons while they built up the quality of their squad within a realistic sustainable budget but are now not only capable of giving the better teams a bloody nose but are playing some very decent footbaqll as well. The point is they built a solid base first and have added quality over time. We can worry about playing pretty football once we are in the top 8, until then points must come first next season.

This. Although the SUPA fans will tell you that you are being optimistic.

Being negative makes you more hardcore, didn't you know?

Guest JamesyJazz

Big fan of Moyes as a manager.He's been given the time and support from his boss with a limited budget at his disposal.A blueprint for ourselves in the future imo but will it be C.H?.

Not a fan of LBF but if needs must then needs must.What we have to realise is that we're not a top 4 side anymore,we won't attract big hitters,we won't be paying inflated wages but I reckon we will survive and build for the future.