Doncaster v Newcastle - 19:45 Tuesday 23/03/10 pre-match thread

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Off the top of my head, we've only won one mid-week game away from home - Coventry in december.

Preston?

[/quote

Was a weekend game, played on a monday night, not a midweek game

Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Smith return for Forest.  Big Mike is in contention to start which is quite bizarre as he was supposed to be out for a month.

And as mentioned , Barton is back. Nice to see the squad numbers back again. Only Saylor to return now.

Lovenkrands, Ameobi and Smith return for Forest.  Big Mike is in contention to start which is quite bizarre as he was supposed to be out for a month.

And as mentioned , Barton is back. Nice to see the squad numbers back again. Only Saylor to return now.

Anyone know Saylor's expected return date?

Guest neesy111

I reckon he's out for the season - we won't see him again til the Summer.

I see no reason to risk him, unless 'one size', williamson, colo or kadar get injured

Guest icemanblue

Must win game.  Relegation is on the cards if we drop anymore point.

Definitely. A win for Peterborough would see them really breathing down our necks.

Off the top of my head, we've only won one mid-week game away from home - Coventry in december.

Preston?

Aye, we won 1-0 at Preston, should know I was there :) Cracking night, was such a good atmosphere in our end. Barnsley away was better though, first 10 rows charging forward when we scored. Loved it.

Preston?

Aye, we won 1-0 at Preston, should know I was there :) Cracking night, was such a good atmosphere in our end. Barnsley away was better though, first 10 rows charging forward when we scored. Loved it.

It was on Monday. Does that count as a mid-week game?

Preston?

It was on Monday. Does that count as a mid-week game?

Not really, cos you're still fresh from last the set of games, as opposed to just playing at the weekend.

Sheffield United.

Another Monday.

Which is during the week.

But aye, I see what you are saying and you are right we have a poor record in these games during the week after playing on a weekend, defeats at Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Derby.

Sheffield United.

Another Monday.

Which is during the week.

But aye, I see what you are saying and you are right we have a poor record in these games during the week after playing on a weekend, defeats at Scunthorpe, Blackpool and Derby.

I said mid-week, man.