Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't really care if Sunderland finish above us depending on how we get on in a couple of weeks the 5-1 carries a lot of weight. Another total humiliation of Sunderland following on from the 4-1, none of this scrappy 2-1 lark. A sound beating.

It's our first season in the top flight and the fact Bruce said ''we must finish above newcastle'' tells you all you need to know about the thoughts of the mackem mongs...

I don't really care if Sunderland finish above us depending on how we get on in a couple of weeks the 5-1 carries a lot of weight. Another total humiliation of Sunderland following on from the 4-1, none of this scrappy 2-1 lark. A sound beating.

It's our first season in the top flight and the fact Bruce said ''we must finish above newcastle'' tells you all you need to know about the thoughts of the mackem mongs...

This.

Perhaps Wearside could inform us to the average Sunderland fans opinion on those comments br Bruce, if that had been the other way around i don't think there would have been many Newcastle fans happy with those comments.

Wearside, you seem a canny poster. Do you not get a little embarrassed by your fans obsession with us? I know you can turn around and say "well look at this thread" but you honestly can't say your lot aren't absolute obsessed to the point where you won't shop in certain places, sing about us when we aren't there, create flags etc.. all about us more often than about the support of your team?

This.

Perhaps Wearside could inform us to the average Sunderland fans opinion on those comments br Bruce, if that had been the other way around i don't think there would have been many Newcastle fans happy with those comments.

I remember those comments, felt quite embarrassed for Sunderland. First of all, a couple of weeks after the derby, saying something like "well, I'm not counting down the days or anything, but in 65 days we need to get our revenge", and then shortly after that, openly saying you were their benchmark.

Oh, let's not forget his pièce de résistance: criticising Newcastle for, er, celebrating a 5-1 thrashing of your local rivals. :lol:

Guest Wearside

This.

It's called local pride,I can only guess you are not from the North East.

Trust me I work in South Tyneside with loads of mags and believe you me they are desperate to finish above Sunderland and show me a Newcastle fan who doesn't want to finish above Sunderland and I will show you a liar.

It's pride,banter,bragging rights etc etc.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What you call pride the entire country calls bitterness against Newcastle. Seriously man half your fan base care more about how Newcastle are doing.

Guest Wearside

Wearside, you seem a canny poster. Do you not get a little embarrassed by your fans obsession with us? I know you can turn around and say "well look at this thread" but you honestly can't say your lot aren't absolute obsessed to the point where you won't shop in certain places, sing about us when we aren't there, create flags etc.. all about us more often than about the support of your team?

So how about when in your heyday playing in europe Newcastle fans taking great delight in singing songs like "have you sen a mackem in Milan?".....is that not obsessive about your rivals?

How about when Newcastle qualified for the Champions League and Sunderland were relegated on the same day a few year back and Newcastle fans celebrated like f*ck that we had went down........is that not obsessive?

Please don't make out that it's a one way thing because I can assure you it's not.

Guest Haris Vuckic
Newcastle fans celebrated like f*ck that we had went down........is that not obsessive?

Nice bit of rewriting the past there  ;D

Guest Wearside

You lot are FAR more obsessed, go and look at RTG :lol:

You do realise RTG is full of schoolkids don't you?I could probably count on one hand the number of decent posters on that board.

Wearside you've just summed it up for me. We rip the piss while playing in the San Siro in the last 16 of the Champions League and clinching 2nd spot the same day BOTH North East rivals went down. You went crazy after a defeat to Chelsea where you finished 16th and we went down, and are going on like the best thing since sliced bread despite only a few places and points separating us .

Guest Wearside

Wearside you've just summed it up for me. We rip the piss while playing in the San Siro in the last 16 of the Champions League and clinching 2nd spot the same day BOTH North East rivals went down. You went crazy after a defeat to Chelsea where you finished 16th and we went down, and are going on like the best thing since sliced bread despite only a few places and points separating us .

Who says we are "the best thing since sliced bread"?

Must admit that Sunderland are by far the team I'd most like us to beat during the course of the season. I think it's the fact that many sunderland fans use us a barometer of how well they're doing and are constantly comparing themselves to us and our team.

Gotta beat the Mags

Gotta finish above the Mags

Gotta have more fans than the Mags

Gotta spend more than the Mags

Gotta have better shirts than the Mags

Gotta have nicer pies than the Mags

etc.

Inferiority complex doesn't even come close

Guest toonlass

Got to say I'll laugh myself silly if they unroll a flag at the SOL at the derby with FTM on it. Would just prove their complete obsession with us.

Guest Wearside

Got to say I'll laugh myself silly if they unroll a flag at the SOL at the derby with FTM on it. Would just prove their complete obsession with us.

Maybe we should resort to going to a cup final wearing tee-shirts showing our obsession.................

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lee-clark-sad-mackem-bastards-t-shirt.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

Your fan magazine does some canny NUFC t shirts like.

The saddest was a t shirt with the date of NUFC playing Peterborough on it, similar for Scunthorpe etc etc. Almost forgetting Safc played in the second flight never mind THE THIRD.

Guest toonlass

Maybe we should resort to going to a cup final wearing tee-shirts showing our obsession.................

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lee-clark-sad-mackem-bastards-t-shirt.jpg

Still a cracking photo that  :laugh:

This.

Trust me I work in South Tyneside with loads of mags and believe you me they are desperate to finish above Sunderland and show me a Newcastle fan who doesn't want to finish above Sunderland and I will show you a liar.

It's pride,banter,bragging rights etc etc.

I understand that and would agree that we would also like to finish above you. I just thought that considering Bruce is the longest serving manager and the manager with the most resources his aim should be to finish high as possible which should include finishing above us considering we are in our first season back in the league. I guess it seemed to me that statement lacked ambition when he should be aiming much higher. It was silly and petty of him to say that his ambition is to finish higher than us It made Sunderland sound like a smaller club than it is for the manager to concentrate so much on us. He should be more interested in just doing what he can for his own team and not worry about us until our next encounter.

Oh and i am from the North East.

Trust me I work in South Tyneside with loads of mags and believe you me they are desperate to finish above Sunderland and show me a Newcastle fan who doesn't want to finish above Sunderland and I will show you a liar.  It's pride,banter,bragging rights etc etc.

Tbf to some board members on here they hate/dislike Spurs more than SAFC. I am not one of them but they are here.

So how about when in your heyday playing in europe Newcastle fans taking great delight in singing songs like "have you sen a mackem in Milan?"

a right toe tapper that was.

and that was our recent heyday, we've had a few.

And I think people on here are doing a good job to keep debate healthy, you would of been shot down in flames on rtg then pissed on, just for saying you think Andy Carroll has potential in one of te numerous "greasy haired pikey" threads.