Sunderland...

Heron

Bruce has really said that Sunderland will "break their transfer record this summer"?

For a number of reasons, what an utterly moronic thing to say. The bloke is thick as pig s***.

Lost me here.

If you say you're going to spend £13.2m, the minimum price charged is going to be £13.2m. Stupidity thy name is Bruce

I may be wrong but I'm certain I've heard Pardew say that all the £35m Carroll money will be re-invested in the team.Does this make Pardew as thick as Bruce?

Re-invested in the team, wages and fees. No one know exactly how much we have available for fees though do they. No the same as saying we will pay more then £13.2m for a player

Whatever happens at SAFC this season at the end of the year it is going to cost them millions if they want to keep that team together as they have 5 loan players in there squad & most of them are starters.

You know, I had never even considered that.  Good point, like :)

many have pointed out that in welbeck,onouha,mensah,el mo (sic) it'll cost them best part of 20mill to stand still...throw in muntari ?

Would say it is unlikely Onouha will be signing and it's debatable whether he is any better than Bardsley,Mensah will be in last year of his Lyon contract in the summer and will be available for a small fee I'd imagine,deal is already in place for Elmohamady and Muntari for £2m and £6m respectively should we wish to take those offers up and the chances of signing Welbeck are slim to say the least.

Bruce has already said that we will be breaking our transfer record on a striker in the summer so on that basis we would have Gyan,new striker,Campbell and then probably another young loan striker as 4th choice like Welbeck was this season,who knows Fergie may loan us Welbeck for another season yet if his chances at United are going to be limited.

you must be excited as that basicallly means it already sorted ?

or is bruce mouthing off again. sounds like us a few years back. never mind the quality,look at the price tag.

Today, 11:35 AM    #15  

ray drummond

Full Back

Location: Whitley Bay  Re: Can you transfer your season ticket to another area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry to hear about ya bad experience m8 but imo dont give into the sad fekkers just try to ignore them as they probably had been on the lash all day there cards have been marked & ime sure that if it happens again thn when you complain they will act immediately just remind the cop/steward of said incident you have to make a stand ide love to see these dic*heads removed from the ground as thers no need for it where i sit 90% are excellent but thers a family behind us that although support us dont like to be told to sit down resulting in 2 incidents first one steward let it ride but next game same thing steward with a cop took him away he was argueing with his dad yesterday cop again moved in resulting in his dad i think leaving that part of ground

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=570141&page=2#ixzz1Ds0ndvRm

How on earth did he say all that without pausing  :lol: Or even make sense

Whatever happens at SAFC this season at the end of the year it is going to cost them millions if they want to keep that team together as they have 5 loan players in there squad & most of them are starters.

many have pointed out that in welbeck,onouha,mensah,el mo (sic) it'll cost them best part of 20mill to stand still...throw in muntari ?

Would say it is unlikely Onouha will be signing and it's debatable whether he is any better than Bardsley,Mensah will be in last year of his Lyon contract in the summer and will be available for a small fee I'd imagine,deal is already in place for Elmohamady and Muntari for £2m and £6m respectively should we wish to take those offers up and the chances of signing Welbeck are slim to say the least.

Bruce has already said that we will be breaking our transfer record on a striker in the summer so on that basis we would have Gyan,new striker,Campbell and then probably another young loan striker as 4th choice like Welbeck was this season,who knows Fergie may loan us Welbeck for another season yet if his chances at United are going to be limited.

or is bruce mouthing off again. sounds like us a few years back. never mind the quality,look at the price tag.

hes just trying to get fans out the pubs and onto the pitch.

[bitter]

hes just trying to get fans out the pubs and onto the pitch.

[bitter]

nah...lager would be my guess.

Guest Wearside

Bruce has broke the transfer record twice at Sunderland,first of all on Bent and then Gyan and it's fair to say they have both been value for money so no reason to doubt he will get the right bloke in again.

Bruce has broke the transfer record twice at Sunderland,first of all on Bent and then Gyan and it's fair to say they have both been value for money so no reason to doubt he will get the right bloke in again.

you don't see the stupidity in saying " i will break the transfer record again on a striker" ?

Guest Wearside

you don't see the stupidity in saying " i will break the transfer record again on a striker" ?

Not really,you don't sell your main striker for £24m and then replace him with someone for £7m unless you want to go backwards,all the strikers we will be looking at will be at the top end of the market.

Not really,you don't sell your main striker for £24m and then replace him with someone for £7m unless you want to go backwards,all the strikers we will be looking at will be at the top end of the market.

Step up, Ricardo Fuller

Not always the case, Tiote cost £3.5m.

and you think they want to come to sunderland?

Guest Wearside

Why wouldn't they?

Not out of the question that we could still qualify for Europe and that would be a big bargaining tool.

Why wouldn't they?

Not out of the question that we could still qualify for Europe and that would be a big bargaining tool.

because top drawer strikers will want to go to better clubs- like bent- just a hunch.

wesold andy cole for 7mill and replaced him with a superior player for less. chelsea got ballack for nowt,you got philips for peanuts and flo for how much.

cost is relative, we've learned the hard way...it's obvious some haven't.

Why wouldn't they?

the europa cup is not a bargaining tool anymore. wasn't in our last couple of years in the uefa.

Why wouldn't they?

You are located near Newcastle, that helps a bit as well.

Why wouldn't they?

Because it's a shit hole.

Why wouldn't they?

Because it's a shit hole.

thats what i was thinking but didnt want wearside to  sit up till 3am thinking of a name to call me again. :laugh:

Guest Wearside

Why wouldn't they?

Because it's a s*** hole.

thats what i was thinking but didnt want wearside to  sit up till 3am thinking of a name to call me again. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Why on earth would Bruce virtually tell every club out there that he's going to spend around £17m on a striker?? Puts pressure on himself and the board to spend that, sticks an extra couple of million on players who might not have cost that much, and if he doesn't break the record because a top striker won't go then he'll get slated by the fans.

Why on earth would Bruce virtually tell every club out there that he's going to spend around £17m on a striker?? Puts pressure on himself and the board to spend that, sticks an extra couple of million on players who might not have cost that much, and if he doesn't break the record because a top striker won't go then he'll get slated by the fans.

He is simply thick as pig shit.

He is simply thick as pig s***.

Does he have a song lined up for after he breaks their transfer record ?