Sunderland...

Heron

STEVE BRUCE has set Sunderland a target of four wins from their last seven games to secure a top-10 finish.

Twelve points will see the Black Cats break the 50-point barrier, and boss Bruce believes that will be enough to earn the Wearsiders their best finish since they were seventh for the second successive season in 2001.

On paper, Sunderland’s run-in looks good, with today’s clash with West Brom followed by games against the bottom three sides Wigan, Wolves and West Ham plus Birmingham City.

Mid-table Fulham and top-10 side Bolton are the biggest obstacles remaining.

Sunderland need to pull out of the slump which saw them go into the Baggies game on the back of a seven-game winless streak which has returned one point.

Bruce said: “We are on a terrible run and the sooner we bring that to an end, the better. When you look at our remaining games, the run-in looks good.

“The only problem is, of course, the teams we face down at the bottom are all fighting for survival and have everything to play for.

“If we can win four of our last seven games, though, that would give us 50 points and I am confident that will be enough for us to finish inside the top 10. If we can pick up a few draws along the way too, maybe we can get back up to seventh or eighth where we were a few weeks ago.

“The table is so tight that back-to-back victories – or defeats – can have a big bearing on your league position.”

Sunderland started the season with the aim of finishing in the top half of the table and, despite their recent form, they could still equal their best-ever Premier League performances – those two seventh-placed finishes back at the turn of the millennium

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sunderland-afc/safc-news/2011/04/09/bruce-win-four-games-and-secure-top-10-finish-72703-28489865/#ixzz1J2gLS0OS

Guest BooBoo

Betcha any amount of money there'll be a thread with the word "Clappies" in the title by the end of the night. :lol:

Guest GeordieAce

Their remaining fixtures are practically all teams beneath them. This could and hopefully go very wrong for them.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

"For nothing i was dreaming of Europe we were sitting very comfortable in the league,passports getting renewed and wot happens yes we are Sunderland after all thanks alot u fcking clueless fat scum kernt now do us a favour and piss off."

:lol: :lol:

"For nothing i was dreaming of Europe we were sitting very comfortable in the league,passports getting renewed and wot happens yes we are Sunderland after all thanks alot u fcking clueless fat scum kernt now do us a favour and piss off."

:lol: :lol:

That "sentence" starts off alright then just degenerates and hurts my eyes.

Their remaining fixtures are practically all teams beneath them. This could and hopefully go very wrong for them.

Sadly, I can't see any of the bottom three reaching 38 points. (The two points they stole off us at their place could keep them out of the shit.) And if they did the mackem goal difference would make it like an extra point. Unless they get a few hidings. Birmingham away next week as well.

Matt Holland the latest to use the injuries excuse for Sunderland.

Where are people getting this myth from? They're just not as good as people thought, simple as that.