The Promotion Wet Blanket Thread

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

It seems as if there's more than a few fans on here falling over themselves to pour cold water on our success. Whether it be the "we'll get ripped in the Premier League" brigade or "Hughtons not good enough" crew, please for the love of God, put a smile on your face and cherish a moment where being a Newcastle fan isn't the sporting equivalent of being volleyed in the bollocks.

So keep all the wet blanket party pooping boreathon comments of doom in here!

Guest toonlass

I had a wet blanket last night.

That will teach you for not having a wee wee before going to sleep

I had a wet blanket last night.

That will teach you for not having a wee wee before going to sleep

Kevin Nolan's overhead kick made me do a sex wee. Does that count.

It seems as if there's more than a few fans on here falling over themselves to pour cold water on our success. Whether it be the "we'll get ripped in the Premier League" brigade or "Hughtons not good enough" crew, please for the love of God, put a smile on your face and cherish a moment where being a Newcastle fan isn't the sporting equivalent of being volleyed in the bollocks.

So keep all the wet blanket party pooping boreathon comments of doom in here!

Just properly laughed out loud at my desk reading that. Juvenile but very funny!

100% agree. Some of us have never experienced ANY form of success before as a Newcastle fan.

To quote Adrian Chiles "Its the hope that kills you."

You have to be over 54 years old to have seen us win a major domestic honour, but according to the press we are all too impatient and should tone down our expectations. Personally I dont know one fellow fan who ever expects to win anything as we are so used to dissapointment.

(is that wet enough)?

100% agree. Some of us have never experienced ANY form of success before as a Newcastle fan.

The beginning of my support of this club coincided with the appointment of Souness. Newcastle has lost every single time I've seen them live so far.

What a lucky charm I am, eh?