Fans at training ?

Skirge

Do you think there is any good done by allowing fans to watch the lads train ?

As a kid I used to love going to the training ground, the players were all aproachable and you could have a right laugh, now with their celeb type stauts its like you cannot get near them.

It seemed to help team spirit,but I don't thnk there are any clubs that allow this any more, I guess with the way a lot of kids are now a days they would just get hundreds of little chavs knocking of school to go watch, but I do think it helps fans understand more about the team and how hard players do work in training.

We all whinge about team selection and cannot understand how some of them get picked, but if we seen them train then we would know if they deserve it or not.

It may also help create better noise, fans find it easier to sing for a player if they feel closer to them, its not very offten att he match you hear a player sang for, Shearer did of course and Given other than that Parker an odd time and Oba has had a few birsts of song. When was the last time you were at a  match and heard every players name sang? I dont think we even heard that under SBR, nust be as long ago as the KK days.

watching luque train is not something to expose young children to tbh.

according to roland.

no definitely not as roeder says he has a chance to prove himself by working hard in training, and he doesnt get a place in the team still so he must arrive to training everyday and make a level of effort that could be likened to an unfit and hungover sunday league player when he is at training!

why did we ever spend that money on him?

im 17 and having the chance to see training would be fantastic because it gives you an insight into what they actually do in training, are fans allowed in then?

and where is the training ground?

im 17 and having the chance to see training would be fantastic because it gives you an insight into what they actually do in training, are fans allowed in then?

No fans are not allowed any where near, its a shame becuase in the old days being allowed to the trianing ground was great.

No fans are not allowed any where near, its a shame becuase in the old days being allowed to the trianing ground was great.

thats a poor effort that is considering that watching training etc. inspires kids doesnt it?

the thing with me is i want to as a youth find out as much as i possibly can about football and footballers as it is in my interests and this 'celebrity' tag which surrounds them nowadays is awful.

im going to sheffield utd versus man utd tommorow and i hope to get som man utd players autographs but due to the pathetic security and tags surrounding them and their value, its almost an impossibility now!

It is a valid point though. Maybe if fans were able to watch players would be forced to put in the extra effort.

yes i agree totally it would give them something to prove wouldnt it and it would make them want to stand out from others

Guest dasflenst

I used to love it as well when Keegan was here as I was a kid then and had nowt better to do.  I'm not sure if Bramble would appreciate it though.  He gets abused every saturday as it is by his own fans, never mind every bloody day! 

I used to love it as well when Keegan was here as I was a kid then and had nowt better to do.  I'm not sure if Bramble would appreciate it though.  He gets abused every saturday as it is by his own fans, never mind every bloody day! 

There was a great rapour between the fans and players in those days.  bluebiggrin.gif

Aye used to go all the time in Durham when KK was here, was absolutely class.

Got autographs and photos will all the team and staff, only for the fucking car to be broken into and it all nicked!

Sunderland fans can go along to training and watch any day they want, apart from the day before a match.  :thup:

I went to Hull a couple of weeks back and bought a programme, in it it said that fans could go along to watch training as long as they wrote to the club telling them the date and time, and then they got sent out a card which they had to show when they got to the training ground, to be allowed in.  Seemed a bit much to me. 

Guest TampaToon

in the NFL (american football), preseason training is open to the public for all 32 teams...it's a huge hit, thousands of people go, and the interaction with the fans, them cheering on good players and good plays, really helps break the tedium of preseason practices for the players.....great for all involved....

during the season, because they are installing tactics relative to the upcoming opponent (clearly not a concern for newcastle the last 3 years), practices are closed to fans and the media for competitive purposes.

i think it would help keep the players' heads up through tough times like these if they knew that the fans cared enough to support them every day, not just on game days....plus you're less likely to get stick from fans for an error during practice, which might be a morale-boosting change for some of the more error-prone players

In the old days (Harvey, Charlton, Keegan etc etc) you could just walk into the training ground in Benwell, there were always lots of kids, reporters, TV people etc, and you saw the players for what they really were, generally just young lads having a laugh, it was great for fan/club rapport.

Beardsley was once on the line watching a practice game, having taken a knock, and Jack Charlton shouted " Peter man, run to the dressing room and get me a cigar out of me jacket pocket"  It was so funny - can you imagine a world class player being asked to do that nowadays ?

During the same era remember the GREAT Jackie Milburn (in his role as a News of the World reporter) turning to me and saying how bad Jack Charlton's language was and he should be aware that women could be listening. Total class.

Feel sorry for young kids who will never see their heroes in such a close up way, but there again I feel sorry for young kids who have never experienced an atmosphere in a football ground like the days of the old Leazes end !

poor folks.

over here the training is always public  :thup:

only on very rare occasions they do a "secret" session.

German clubs appreciate their fans much more than the English, you also have much better atmospheres in the stadiums generally.

The beer and Bratwurst is pretty good too !

Best country in Europe. Wish I'd took German instead of Spanish.

Yeah if you like beer, football and friendly good looking girls with cute accents it's a great place to be.

The only people who don't seem to like Germany are those who've never actually been there.

you will loose the will to live if you watch those turkeys train imho.