MK Dons To Sack Ince (INCE QUITS)

Skirge

I think it is Nigeria you are thinking of. We sacked Amodu after a poor (third place) Nations Cup showing. He was replaced by Lars Lagerback.

Funnily enough, Amodu also qualified Nigeria for the 2002 World Cup, but was sacked before he could take them there. His replacement that time was another Nigerian though. This probably has a lot to do with him being a horrible manager, but still it is a shame we can't be led by one of our own.

I think it is Nigeria you are thinking of. We sacked Amodu after a poor (third place) Nations Cup showing. He was replaced by Lars Lagerback.

Funnily enough, Amodu also qualified Nigeria for the 2002 World Cup, but was sacked before he could take them there. His replacement that time was another Nigerian though. This probably has a lot to do with him being a horrible manager, but still it is a shame we can't be led by one of our own.

Trust me sunbeam it isn't just black African nations that have this problem.

Paddy Collins on Sven in S.Mail on:

Sven's man plays the percentage game

It is reported that Sven Goran Eriksson is receiving a pay package of £2million to manage Ivory Coast at the World Cup. Some might think this a touch excessive for a country in which a quarter of the population exist on less than £1 per day.

Sven, however, disagrees. 'I don't think I am paid that well,' he says. 'But I'm happy.'

Even more happy is his agent, Athole Still. A sensitive soul, he makes no apology for his client's salary. 'Why don't you ask some of those "poor people" in the Ivory Coast whether they would like a top-class international manager like Sven, or someone they've never heard of?' he says.

'I can tell you that 99.9 per cent of them would say: "Oh, let's have Sven Goran Eriksson".'

So, we have a manager who is happy to scrape by on £2m and an agent who knows precisely what 20.5 million Ivorians are thinking. Eriksson was always expensive. But Mr Still is simply priceless.

I've been hearing a lot of positive things about Samson Sia Sia and Sunday Oliseh in regards to their coaching. Surely one of them should be giving an opportunity at some point? Is Sia Sia still managing the juniors?

I've been hearing a lot of positive things about Samson Sia Sia and Sunday Oliseh in regards to their coaching. Surely one of them should be giving an opportunity at some point? Is Sia Sia still managing the juniors?

Siasia quit that post. He was working in Asia, and last I heard was trying to be the new manager of Zambia. I like him a lot. His u-20 and Olympics teams really played the exciting football that Nigeria is capable of producing and achieved great success in the process. He's a bit big headed, though. Already had rows with several players and administrators. Oliseh is off learning his trade in Europe. Which is the path more should take. Don't forget the likes of Stephen Keshi who led Togo to WC 2006. Really, the first generation of African players to penetrate Europe are reaching 40-50 now so more coaches should be coming up soon. Quite a few former players are trying management. There is talent, it is a matter of picking the right ones and supporting them fully.

Back on topic: Why exactly are MKD looking to get rid of Ince anyway? They to be doing well enough in midtable.