CLUB FOR SALE!!

Skirge

I would be seriousely pissed if Liverpool were bought and not us, for the prices mentioned we are a much better deal, ok Liverpool are richer and have a better team but we have a 52 k stadium with the potential to fill it or if possibly needed expand it.

:thup:

:thdn:

There's no way we're more of a profitable club than Liverpool. Even with our 52K more of seats, I bet they make loads more in terms of shirt sales, merchandise etc than we do and more than make up for the 7K of seats.

take away one huge lump of interest on debt add in cost of new stadium.

there are better value clubs everton are the main ones im surprised havent been bought

There's no way we're more of a profitable club than Liverpool. Even with our 52K more of seats, I bet they make loads more in terms of shirt sales, merchandise etc than we do and more than make up for the 7K of seats.

take away one huge lump of interest on debt add in cost of new stadium.

there are better value clubs everton are the main ones im surprised havent been bought

I'm extremely sceptical that we are up for sale despite what Kenwright claims

I would be seriousely pissed if Liverpool were bought and not us, for the prices mentioned we are a much better deal, ok Liverpool are richer and have a better team but we have a 52 k stadium with the potential to fill it or if possibly needed expand it.

You may well be seriously pissed about it, but there is EVERY chance that Liverpool will be bought - AND quickly for a much larger amount than NUFC would fetch.

Had this all been happening in 1996 or even 2001, the situation may have been different but since then, Liverpool have re-assumed their place in the upper regions of the Prem and NUFC have only just got back into that league after several years of self-inflicted failure and a season in the CCC.

NUFC have not won anything worth mentioning since 1969, whereas Liverpool have won just about every trophy you can mention during that period ; NUFC last won the title in 1927...Liverpool have been a dominant force in English football since the 60s, with only a short period of(for them(relative failure or lack of success.

Add the two factors together and you have the reason why any rich investor who wants a football club would take them...we have a nice stadium but we don't even own the land its built on ; they have a nationwide and worldwide large following of fans, whereas most of Newcastle's are now in the NE.

This was changing in the 90s, but all that has gone now, and we are seen as just another second or third ranking Prem club.

Another point that people on here often forget is that Liverpool are STILL one of the top 16 power-brokers of European Football along with Barca, Real, Man U, Bayern etc. That gives them far more clout than NUFC, or even the likes of Everton and is another reason overseas investors will be interested.

I know its painful, but the very fact that survival is the prime target for a club with almost 50,000 potential ST holders(there USED to be 20,000 on the WAITING LIST !), tells you how far behind them we are seen to be.

Unless they find an Abramovich or a Mansour, I think the yanks have a big problem. The financial climate still isn't one where businesses are inclined to take on large amounts of debt.

In football terms, they've chosen a bad time to sell. Their team is slipping out of the Champions League places, and given the wealth behind Man City, it may be a long time before they get back up there. As we ourselves know, once things start to decline on the pitch, it's difficult to turn things round. They spent ages dithering about whether to sell and for how much, and now they're attempting to bail out when things are looking bad and they're liable to take a bigger hit.

What's more, they've still not sorted the stadium out. It's been glaringly obvious that the only way forward is to collaborate with Everton over a joint stadium, but neither club has faced up to it.

Owning an American sports franchise is a much safer proposition financially than a European football club. Neither they nor the Glazers have been prepared for the reality.