NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Shock message on wages:

Pards: "Look lads, Big Mike's been wondering- will any of you just play for the craic and lols and just forget about being paid for a few months? I'm just putting the feelers out. Sleep on it."

:lol:

It's blatantly going to be some form of propaganda about getting value for money, probably throwing in a few digs at the club's past etc.

Aye blatently going to be some spiel about 'we will pay the going rate for anyone who is worth it' possibly with a 'we tried to give Jose an obscene wage but.....'

Guest BooBoo

Yeah, joking aside it'll be "the days when this club we're taken  for a ride and offering huge contracts are over."

Good or bad thing?

I'm glad that we're not spunking mega money on overhyped and under motivated cack like Viduka, Geremi and Duff but there has to be a happy medium. If we continually offer peanuts, we'll miss out on targets and our best players will move on.

I would guess Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Tiote (new contract) aren't exactly the lowest paid players in the premiership  :undecided:

Yes, but there's a huge gap from that happy little band, who I would imagine would be on about 35k max a week to Viduka who was reportedly on at least 70k.

Guest BooBoo

Really, looking back we wasted a criminal ammount of money on dross. I wonder how much Babayaro was on to lounge around the physio room? I can't say I approve of Mike Ashley but at least his regime has halted the nonsensical approach of throwing unlimited wonga at has beens or money bloated players who could be barely bothered to break sweat.

Really, looking back we wasted a criminal ammount of money on dross. I wonder how much Babayaro was on to lounge around the physio room? I can't say I approve of Mike Ashley but at least his regime has halted the nonsensical approach of throwing unlimited wonga at has beens or money bloated players who could be barely bothered to break sweat.

I've never been this regimes biggest fan, but if they can pull off 4-5 quality signings i'd say their initial plan is in full effect.

I'd still chin em mind.

Guest Roger Kint

I've never been this regimes biggest fan, but if they can pull off 4-5 quality signings i'd say their initial plan is in full effect.

I'd still chin em mind.

That sums it up well actually for me, by fluke they got to this point but yeah.

This transfer window will have a big shift either way for me. At the moment I am not exactly happy with the board, they have made some massive mistakes but seem to be improving. As much as I didn't want to see him go we aren't and won't be the last club to accept the sort of money we got for a player like Carroll so I can't really feel anomosity for that decision.

The majority of the last 10 or so signings have actually been quite impressive so I am swaying towards someone knowing what the fuck they are doing however it's really about this summer, we are in a position were we can really push on and correct the massive fuck ups from the past and even get to a position we were struggling to get back to even before Ashley took over, can they get it right? I hope so.

This transfer window will have a big shift either way for me. At the moment I am not exactly happy with the board, they have made some massive mistakes but seem to be improving. As much as I didn't want to see him go we aren't and won't be the last club to accept the sort of money we got for a player like Carroll so I can't really feel anomosity for that decision.

The majority of the last 10 or so signings have actually been quite impressive so I am swaying towards someone knowing what the f*** they are doing however it's really about this summer, we are in a position were we can really push on and correct the massive f*** ups from the past and even get to a position we were struggling to get back to even before Ashley took over, can they get it right? I hope so.

O0

The majority of the last 10 or so signings have actually been quite impressive so I am swaying towards someone knowing what the fuck they are doing however it's really about this summer, we are in a position were we can really push on and correct the massive fuck ups from the past and even get to a position we were struggling to get back to even before Ashley took over, can they get it right? I hope so.

I want to support them but until we land another really big one like Cabaye I still wonder. Demba Ba is a good signing but he's still a come down from Gameiro, and to get him we've exploited a release clause. Likewise, I'm concerned that we might go from M'Bengue to Neil Taylor exploiting yet another clause. There's been big talk this summer but I just wonder what it will look like by September?

Good post, i keep trying to avoid saying "this window will be a test of ashleys plans" because ive said it a couple of times already and ended up looking a prat but i dare say that with the boost in revenue we'll get and the 35 million from the carroll sale that this really would be the test of ashelys intentions. The amount of money spent is no issue to me and shouldnt be an issue for any fan, the only thing that should be an issue is that we're getting quality players. People seem to forget that all these quality playyers who cost a lot  now were unknown and cheap a year earlier. If we do things right we're looking at these players now.

So far it looks as though we've spent 5m and potentially have 2 excellent players on our books. 

The majority of the last 10 or so signings have actually been quite impressive so I am swaying towards someone knowing what the f*** they are doing however it's really about this summer, we are in a position were we can really push on and correct the massive f*** ups from the past and even get to a position we were struggling to get back to even before Ashley took over, can they get it right? I hope so.

:thup: When did you become so wise? :razz:

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Plugs for tomorrow: Cabaye's plea to Gervinho; a new development in #NUFC striker hunt, Enrique/N.Taylor & Pardew's shock msg on wages

:fwap:

Like I said last week, I don't think he's a big Sunday Sun reader :razz:

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Plugs for tomorrow: Cabaye's plea to Gervinho; a new development in #NUFC striker hunt, Enrique/N.Taylor & Pardew's shock msg on wages

:fwap:

Like I said last week, I don't think he's a big Sunday Sun reader :razz:

He just gets it for the crossword

:thup: When did you become so wise? :razz:

I'm getting on now mate, no times for shit jokes and that it's all serious business from now on.

Cedric Hengbart (31 year old Auxerre right-back) confirms we contacted him (along with a number of other clubs before signing a new deal).

http://www.lyonne.fr/editions_locales/auxerre/[email protected]

Which clubs had been in contact with you?

In France, Toulouse made an offer which was refused by Auxerre. For me, if I was to stay in Ligue 1 it was always going to be with Auxerre, the President said he'd allow me to leave for a foreign club. In England there was contact with Blackburn, Newcastle, Stoke, WBA & Wigan.

“I honestly don’t care if another striker comes in,” he told the Sunday Sun. “I would welcome it really because I think we need new players. But then they have to come in and prove themselves.

Seemingly Loven' has been playing far too much Footballer Manager.

Guest sicko2ndbest

“I honestly don’t care if another striker comes in,” he told the Sunday Sun. “I would welcome it really because I think we need new players. But then they have to come in and prove themselves.

Seemingly Loven' has been playing far too much Footballer Manager.

I thought that was Pardew quotes for a second

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd have been a tad worried if that first sentence had come out of Pardew's mouth.

Touché

Guest sicko2ndbest

So no morning paper yet? Come on you lazy gits!!

Get the fuck up

It will be online before anyone gets any info