NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'm nopt saying Lukaku is realistic, but wages will be spread over each year's projected income. We're not writing Lukaku a cheque for 4 years's wages in the summer, out of a big bank account called "The Carroll Money".

the thing is though, we are. unless we spend more than 35m on fees and contracts.

Eh? How does that follow?

The club said that the £35 million would contribute to the wages, signing on and transfers fees of any new players.

I'm pretty certain 'the club' never said all that

Depends whether or not you believe Pardew speaks on behalf of the club. Be nice if he could like.

It's pretty obvious anyway, any money that comes in will contribute to all the club's outgoings.

What I mean is that we don't have pay a new player for his entire contract right now out of this season's transfer budget, the sums are much more complicated than that.

I'm nopt saying Lukaku is realistic, but wages will be spread over each year's projected income. We're not writing Lukaku a cheque for 4 years's wages in the summer, out of a big bank account called "The Carroll Money".

the thing is though, we are. unless we spend more than 35m on fees and contracts.

well there may not be a bank account called carroll money, but if pardew's said the fee we got will have to go towards fees and wages, and we dont spend any more on both. then i would suggest that the money is being spent based on what we brought in rather than projected earnings, in fact, doesnt that sort of tie in with how ashley's been running the club? given the table of spending and the fact that he likes to receive fees in a lump sum rather than installments?

I think loans with the option to buy, in recent times, has brought about the best value for money.  Would hate to see that cash spunked against the wall on someone who turns out to be Torres-esque

I just don't buy that all our financial dealings are based purely around the £35m we got for Carroll. What if we were planning to spend £10m in the summer before we sold Carroll? Do we now have to spend £45m?

The club will be run based on what Mike Ashley decides it can afford this season and for the life of any player's contract. I don't think our activity can just be measured against this magical £35m we got for Carroll.

The club said that the £35 million would contribute to the wages, signing on and transfers fees of any new players.

I'm pretty certain 'the club' never said all that

You're right, it was Pardew - reported by George Caulkin.

I think loans with the option to buy, in return times, has brought about the best value for money.  Would hate to see that cash spunked against the wall on someone who turns out to be Torres-esque

How could that possibly happen when we have such an amazing scout?

That's why I put Lukaku's wages as a lump sum.

"contribute" could well be the key phrase in that sentence.

I think loans with the option to buy, in return times, has brought about the best value for money.  Would hate to see that cash spunked against the wall on someone who turns out to be Torres-esque

Anyway, if we don't spend every penny of the £35m then the club will be ripped to shreds. Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

Calculators at the ready...

That's why I put Lukaku's wages as a lump sum.

"contribute" could well be the key phrase in that sentence.

Let's hope so.

I just don't buy that all our financial dealings are based purely around the £35m we got for Carroll. What if we were planning to spend £10m in the summer before we sold Carroll? Do we now have to spend £45m?

The club will be run based on what Mike Ashley decides it can afford this season and for the life of any player's contract. I don't think our activity can just be measured against this magical £35m we got for Carroll.

i agree. with regard to your first question, i dont reckon we'll spend any more than 35m, meaning not necessarily that we were planning to spend nothing, but due to circumstances we can probably get away with it, which will be preferable to ashley.

it was pardew that said the carroll money will go towards fees and wages, and that he'd have to persuade the owner to 'put it all back into the club'. not me.

Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

won't satisfy people on this and other similar internet boards, in real life most people will just keep going to the match

9 months is a long time to stay hot and bothered about carroll for most people

I think loans with the option to buy, in return times, has brought about the best value for money.  Would hate to see that cash spunked against the wall on someone who turns out to be Torres-esque

Anyway, if we don't spent every penny of the £35m then the club will be ripped to shreds. Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

wouldn't bother me if the club didn't spend 35mill on transfers in the summer providing we have an appreciably better team and squad come september 1st.

Probably because the justification all along, from the manager, club and plenty of people on here was that the money would rebuild the first team. We needed a striker before we sold our best one. Llambias himself has said that we didn't 'need' the money, so why is it now acceptable for it to disappear into general running costs?

Probably because the justification all along, from the manager, club and plenty of people on here was that the money would rebuild the first team. We needed a striker before we sold our best one. Llambias himself has said that we didn't 'need' the money, so why is it now acceptable for it to disappear into general running costs?

the 'didn't need the money' could be taken many ways, one interpretation being we didn't need to sell to survive.

Anyway, if we don't spent every penny of the £35m then the club will be ripped to shreds. Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

wouldn't bother me if the club didn't spend 35mill on transfers in the summer providing we have an appreciably better team and squad come september 1st.

It wouldn't bother me either, but I don't often speak for the majority on here!

Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

won't satisfy people on this and other similar internet boards, in real life most people will just keep going to the match

9 months is a long time to stay hot and bothered about carroll for most people

True, and good to hear.

I think loans with the option to buy, in return times, has brought about the best value for money.  Would hate to see that cash spunked against the wall on someone who turns out to be Torres-esque

Anyway, if we don't spend every penny of the £35m then the club will be ripped to shreds. Loans with options to buy won't satisfy people this summer.

for someone who preaches financial restraint you'd do well to get off your highhorse. you're not part of a exclusive club you know, i dont want nufc to go bust either. i just dont like seeing the fans getting taken for mugs by a greedy, stupid individual who has no ties to the club other then the money he invested without thinking about it first.

being on the conservative side of the financial discussion doesnt make any of you more astute, it just makes you all more passive imo

By the way, it's widely reported we received £30 million cash, upfront from Liverpool. In my opinion, all of this money should be spent this summer at the very least.

for someone who preaches financial restraint you'd do well to get off your highhorse. you're not part of a exclusive club you know, i dont want nufc to go bust either. i just dont like seeing the fans getting taken for mugs by a greedy, stupid individual who has no ties to the club other then the money he invested without thinking about it first.

being on the conservative side of the financial discussion doesnt make any of you more astute, it just makes you all more passive imo

one thing ashley can't be accused of in relation to his dealings re NUFC is greedy.

That was a bit unnecessary  :-[

I'm just arguing what I think is right, just like everyone else.

By the way, it's widely reported we received £30 million cash, upfront from Liverpool. In my opinion, all of this money should be spent this summer at the very least.

purely on transfer fees, why ? what if we can afford the transfer fees but each player wants 80kpw ? agreed it would be nice if spent well but the idea of "should" smacks of spending for spendings sake.

i like all the "preaching financial restraint" people me like :lol:

hardly financial restraint, more so that i don't own a new ferrari cos i can't afford one.

sorry, i put that down wrong - i meant i 'like' the people who spout the "preaching financial restraint", in terms of they talk a load of shit :lol:

That was a bit unnecessary  :-[

I'm just arguing what I think is right, just like everyone else.

i dont mean any offence mate, at all. i actually think you're good crack :snod: i just resent the idea that i'm penny counting by demanding that we be competitive to a level that we deserve as a club