NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

anyone heard what barnetta and matuidi's release clauses are yet?

Cant imagine Barnetta will come cheap. Bayer have just qualified for the Champions League.

1 year remaining on his contract.

:lol: MA/DL the vultures start circling, like a sniff of blood to a shark

:lol:

I read on some German news site that he would be around 10 mio €.

I used to live in St-Etienne and a few lads I still keep in touch with rave about him. Haven't seen him much myself, but the same people said Zokora wasn't what he was cracked up to be when he was being linked with Arsenal & Spurs before he came in 2005.

Guest taps01

Cant imagine Barnetta will come cheap. Bayer have just qualified for the Champions League.

What a surprise.

What a surprise.

you say that like its a bad thing

What a surprise.

I'd rather we target these players, rather than blowing all of our money on a player who is under a long contract, hence costing 4 times more. No?

Pardew: New NUFC signings will 'excite' fans Jun 16 2011

ALAN PARDEW insists Newcastle United are lining up targets that will "excite" supporters left distraught by the £4.5m sale of skipper Kevin Nolan.Read

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/#ixzz1PRHuSpwZ

3 years ago we were promised a 'wow-signing' iirc.

and before that a signing or was it a manager that would knock our socks off. my guess is they said the same thing when hughie gallacher left.

Matuidi would be incredible although I'm suspicious (think thats the natural reaction to the club now). 4-3-2-1 but when we need a goal, we make a sub and go 4-2-3-1. Lovely.

I'm worried that it's Barnetta instead of N'Zogbia though, because I'd much rather have Zoggy.

ALAN PARDEW insists Newcastle United are lining up targets that will "excite" supporters left distraught by the £4.5m sale of skipper Kevin Nolan.Read

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/#ixzz1PRHuSpwZ

The only thing that would excite me is Barnetta out of those linked. But he's a winger - why do we need another one? Is this for the right midfield?

Coloccini  :snod: :snod:

The only thing that would excite me is Barnetta out of those linked. But he's a winger - why do we need another one? Is this for the right midfield?

Of course we do need a winger. He is quite versatile anyway.  Can play all over the midfield.

i think we can do better than Barnetta tbh. and i don't really understand what Pardew is trying to do by spending big on Matuidi when we already have two deep lying players in Cabaye and Tiote. It's all a bit odd.

Coloccini  :snod: :snod:

Already signed that time.

No we weren't.

i think we can do better than Barnetta tbh. and i don't really understand what Pardew is trying to do by spending big on Matuidi when we already have two deep lying players in Cabaye and Tiote. It's all a bit odd.

Maybe he wants a solid centre to build a team around. It has been a while since we've had a centre like that.

Maybe he wants a solid centre to build a team around. It has been a while since we've had a centre like that.

also i think cabaye is seen as an attacking signing the way pardew talked about him, 4-2-3-1 looks the likely scenario to me, have strong mobile protection in front of the back 4

also i think cabaye is seen as an attacking signing the way pardew talked about him, 4-2-3-1 looks the likely scenario to me, have strong mobile protection in front of the back 4

I'm inclined to think a 4-3-3 is the way we're headed. With a possible midfield trio of Tiote, Matuidi and Cabaye.

Tiote will be the deeper lying, Matuidi ahead of him and Cabaye the furthest advanced but all three playing with discipline and supporting the defense and the attack.

Tiote can break the play down and Cabaye is more than capable of playing in a through ball or two behind the defence.

Can't help but think that on top of Ba and Erding there's another striker in there. I just don't think that pardew ever saw our midfield as the place we needs to spend money on, let alone decent money. Judging by the first post in this thread Ba looks to be a purely oppurtunistic signing and I dont see erding being the only forward signing they were hoping to make.

I think there is some versatility within the squad and maybe what Pardew is going for. We've been a pretty rigid team for some time, maybe he wants the options so he can tactically match teams when needed instead of playing it one way, win or lose. Would explain why none of us can agree on a starting XI (apart from Defence) especially when we consider new signings.

Whatever, its going to be an exciting start to the season seeing our new line up. Cannot wait.

that would put a hell of a lot of pressure on the front three both to score and create goals, last season the three of matuidi, tiote and cabaye scored 3 goals between them. from what ive seen of cabaye he sits back and likes to dictate play, a xabi alonso type. he does seem to have scored more the previous season but many were pens and set pieces.

you'd be asking for 3 forward players to each get comfortably into double figures, so no room for the likes of Jonas, and you'd have to hope that HBA gets into form right away, and him returning as a top player is still in doubt. i think it would also leave a gap between midfield and attack that would be difficult to bridge without a willing runner from midfield. would be relying even more on attacking full-backs, which simpson is absolute balls at, and enrique is probably off elsewhere. just doesnt seem to make sense but i'll wait and see, even though i suspect Tiote will be leaving.

that would put a hell of a lot of pressure on the front three both to score and create goals, last season the three of matuidi, tiote and cabaye scored 3 goals between them. from what ive seen of cabaye he sits back and likes to dictate play, a xabi alonso type. he does seem to have scored more the previous season but many were pens and set pieces.

you'd be asking for 3 forward players to each get comfortably into double figures, so no room for the likes of Jonas, and you'd have to hope that HBA gets into form right away, and him returning as a top player is still in doubt. i think it would also leave a gap between midfield and attack that would be difficult to bridge without a willing runner from midfield. would be relying even more on attacking full-backs, which simpson is absolute balls at, and enrique is probably off elsewhere. just doesnt seem to make sense but i'll wait and see, even though i suspect Tiote will be leaving.

May aswell top yoursell tbh.