NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

As sexy as a front six of Tiote, Matuidi, Cabaye/HBA, Barnetta, Ba would be... if Nolan's departure acts as a catalyst for some sort of exodus i'll still be pretty concerned going into the season. Not even considering the 'leadership' qualities we'd be missing if the likes of him and Barton left (and God forbid, Jonas and Jose too)... we'd be just as desperately thin on the ground as we have been this year.

Whilst the types of players we're linked with shows promising signs, if we're enforcing a 'one-in-one-out' policy, i fear that we're not going to progress. I know the term 'net-spend' is overused, but it's a bit of a bloody joke if it's not even anywhere near the +£20m mark, given the Carroll funding. Nolan, Barton, Jonas and Jose together would fetch close to that figure, you'd think. We do not need to sell to buy this summer. Absolutely no way.

Still so far to go in this transfer window. Until yesterday i was pretty optimistic, although resigned to Jose's exit. Following the events of the last 48 hours i'm nowt but cautious.

I think we were slightly unlucky last year that we had two players in midfield (Gosling and Ben Arfa) who were injured for the whole season. I think it's a pretty unlikely occurrence and that we'll have better squad depth this year with them returning.

If we sign N Taylor then I reckon our defence is sorted.

And if we play 4-3-3, this will be the players in our squad:

LB: Enrique, Taylor

CB: Colo, S Taylor, Williamson, Kadar

RB: Simpson, Perch

DM: Tiote, Smith (ugh)

Passing CM: Cabaye, Guthrie

utility CM: Matuidi, Barton, Gosling

or ideally rotate Matuidi into the DM position if Tiote's injured/suspended and play Barton/Gosling instead.

LW: Barnetta, Ferguson

RW: HBA, Jonas

ST: Ba, Erdinc, Best, Ameobi

We still of course lack squad depth but not in as many positions and the versatility of our players (like Jonas) should mean that we should be able to compete for 6-8th.

Guthrie might also be useful if he has Matuidi and Tiote doing all the running for him.

I think we were slightly unlucky last year that we had two players in midfield (Gosling and Ben Arfa) who were injured for the whole season.

You can stick Ireland into that equation n'all. But we were only unlucky when it comes to one of those three. The other two were crocked when we signed 'em.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.20min.ch/dyim/441d4b/B.M600,1000/images/content/2/7/1/27123957/3/topelement.jpg

That's Barnetta isn't it?  :lol:

That's never Newcastle airport mind.

Doh :)

As sexy as a front six of Tiote, Matuidi, Cabaye/HBA, Barnetta, Ba would be... if Nolan's departure acts as a catalyst for some sort of exodus i'll still be pretty concerned going into the season. Not even considering the 'leadership' qualities we'd be missing if the likes of him and Barton left (and God forbid, Jonas and Jose too)... we'd be just as desperately thin on the ground as we have been this year.

Whilst the types of players we're linked with shows promising signs, if we're enforcing a 'one-in-one-out' policy, i fear that we're not going to progress. I know the term 'net-spend' is overused, but it's a bit of a bloody joke if it's not even anywhere near the +£20m mark, given the Carroll funding. Nolan, Barton, Jonas and Jose together would fetch close to that figure, you'd think. We do not need to sell to buy this summer. Absolutely no way.

Still so far to go in this transfer window. Until yesterday i was pretty optimistic, although resigned to Jose's exit. Following the events of the last 48 hours i'm nowt but cautious.

Have to question players who use that as a reason to leave given the contract he's won, and the sonctract we offered.

All i'm saying is that, i wouldn't be surprised to see a handful of the regulars not give half a shit about staying after the events of the last day or two. We've made our money back on the captain, talisman and (you would assume) friend of a lot of the players at the first chance we've got. Contracts aside.

I'm entering doom-mongering territory there, and i still think there's a chance that at least Barton and Jonas would stick around, but if Nolan can leave - then no departure can surprise me.