NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Have a couple of papers this morning.

Journal says we are haggling over Erdinc. Club.reckon we will get him eventually.

Says we are after more strikers. Mentions the Banguras of AIK.

Times says Jonas to Malaga or Lazio.

Nice.One.Cheers.

Prick

Owch, someone has woke up with a sore fanny.

Guest Recoba

Have a couple of papers this morning.

Journal says we are haggling over Erdinc. Club.reckon we will get him eventually.

Says we are after more strikers. Mentions the Banguras of AIK.

Times says Jonas to Malaga or Lazio.

Nice.One.Cheers.

Prick

Owch, someone has woke up with a sore fanny.

Sorry, your post was mint.  Certain everyone enjoys reading your posts.

Basically all of the mentioned stuff in todays articles have been more or less played down.

No interest in the Bangura's.

Jonás not for sale as such.

Erdinc still possible, but we may have a new target.

Just on the Sky site:

Speculation:

Seemingly no end of speculation coming out of St James' Park today amid reports Newcastle United have yet to receive any bids for Joey Barton, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, who have all been linked with summer moves away from the club.

Just on the Sky site:

Speculation:

Seemingly no end of speculation coming out of St James' Park today amid reports Newcastle United have yet to receive any bids for Joey Barton, Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez, who have all been linked with summer moves away from the club.

There was no speculation at all untill yous had just decided to report that people WERN'T bidding for our players, for whatever reason.

Just on the Sky site:

Speculation:

There was no speculation at all untill yous had just decided to report that people WERN'T bidding for our players, for whatever reason.

Exactly :angry:, f***ing Sky.

Can't remember us being linked with Bryan Ruiz? Given the interview was from a French website it'd explain why there's more talk of French clubs I'd imagine...

http://www.topmercato.com/33068,1/info-tm-un-goleador-du-costa-rica-vers-la-ligue-1.html

A number of clubs have been mentioned, Benfica, Newcastle, but equally from French clubs such as Rennes and Lille in particular...

Yes amongst others (laughs). I am flattered that these clubs have shown an interest in me. I don't have a preferred league. I know about Rennes & Lille as it's not the first time these have wanted me. They're both big clubs. Lille are in the Champions League and Rennes is a solid club in Ligue 1. I wouldn't close the door on anything.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we're after him actually, considering our scouting in Holland, need for forwards and past negotiations with Twente. Both clubs follow a similar policy of cash upfront and ruthlessly disclosing transfer fees, too.

Would you prefer him to Erdinç?

Haven't seen anywhere near as much of Erding as I have Ruiz, so dunno really.

Ruiz is more of a withdrawn forward, complete footballer type who can play wide or behind the striker aswell as up top. He's a bit languid and skinny, but elegant and a very nice player to watch. I do have my doubts how he'd do in England though, don't think he's the banker in this league that Suarez was always gonna be.

Would you prefer him to Erdinç?

Haven't seen anywhere near as much of Erding as I have Ruiz, so dunno really.

Ruiz is more of a withdrawn forward, complete footballer type who can play wide or behind the striker aswell as up top. He's a bit languid and skinny, but elegant and a very nice player to watch. I do have my doubts how he'd do in England though, don't think he's the banker in this league that Suarez was always gonna be.

Has really struggled in European competition as well from what i can remember. Don't think he has scored any goals in European competition

They'd want decent dollar for Ruiz though I'd have thought. Not sure how he'd cope with the Prem but he is a definitely a talent. Been impressed with what I've seen of De Jong, his namesake at Ajax is supposed to be class too.

Potential for a bit of upheaval at Twente too since the gaffer fucked off to chase oil although they probably don't need the money so much as other Dutch clubs.