NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Id defo want Long over Erdinc like, however id rather not lose Best in the process.

These are my thoughts too.

Thirded, but I know Best is about the only player we could offer who they're likely to accept. Assuming Shola is untouchable.

Guest Antec

I think once we get Long and mebbies N'Zogbia in thats us done.

Add in Taylor and it would be a fantastic window

Provided Jose stays.

and that or sign a decent replacement if he goes

At this point I'm definitely desperate enough to be happy about signing Shane Long.

Still a bit torn on Long, can see potential but still very undecided but why are you desperate this early? Because we missed out on our first couple of targets? One of which most thought was well out of our league anyway?

If it turns out like Zenden/Robert and Jeffers/Bellamy it will be for the best anyway  :laugh:

Still a long way to go, won't be getting concerned until we are heading towards the last couple of weeks in September, we're only 9 days into the (2 month?) transfer window and we have enough to start the season with in the players we already have imo.

Guest BooBoo

It's a little concerning that from reports we're already at 4th choice after we were snubbed by Gamiero, Erdinc and Gervinho.

It's a little concerning that from reports we're already at 4th choice after we were snubbed by Gamiero, Erdinc and Gervinho.

That's just reality though isn't it? If you go for top players they might turn you down, and if they do you need to have other targets.

i think its reassuring at least theres a few backup plans ready

Guest BooBoo

I think though as part of scouting you should be assessing the likelihood of the player being interested.

It sounds like the aforementioned trio were never keen on joining so why waste so much time pursuing them?

That's just reality though isn't it? If you go for top players they might turn you down, and if they do you need to have other targets.

We got Ba - what number choice was he? 

I'd be happpy with Long.  He could well be the best striker Ireland have produceed in a generation

hardly difficult, only proven prem level striker we've produced since Keane was Kevin Doyle

Officially bored of this window now.

Indeed. My excitement slowly died down over the past few weeks. I just need real football back now. I'm sure a new signing will get me excited again.

Go on Youtube - its done wonders for me

I'd be happpy with Long.  He could well be the best striker Ireland have produceed in a generation

hardly difficult, only proven prem level striker we've produced since Keane was Kevin Doyle

It was an ironic quote from this morning's Journal.  Not sure how long generations are in Ireland - but I'd place Keane, Doyle and Long in the same one.  AS such if he's the best of that bunch it's reasonably impressive

We were never ever going to get every single player we went for. I'm pleased with who we've picked up and the fees we've paid for them and I'm hoping we're still looking to improve the squad right up 'til August 31st.

We've spent relatively little so far, balanced the books on wages (ish) and still should have a bit of wedge tucked away if the right players come along. Still only into July and a long way to go yet. :)

I think though as part of scouting you should be assessing the likelihood of the player being interested.

It sounds like the aforementioned trio were never keen on joining so why waste so much time pursuing them?

Without tapping them up how would we know that? Seems like we put in offers which were either acceptable or not far off.

We were never ever going to get every single player we went for. I'm pleased with who we've picked up and the fees we've paid for them and I'm hoping we're still looking to improve the squad right up 'til August 31st.

We've spent relatively little so far, balanced the books on wages (ish) and still should have a bit of wedge tucked away if the right players come along. Still only into July and a long way to go yet. :)

:thup:

I think our early business suggests that if there's players that become available at the right price towards the end of the window, we'll be looking at those on top of the targets already identified.

I would definitely take him here, I understand I am in a minority but when I have seen him he has looked a talented player even if he thinks he is a very, very talented player.