NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

What potentially makes sense is that Ashley and co. want the 'changing room leaders' (aka Nolan, Smith, Harper and Barton) phased out of the club, Forster wasn't willing to be second choice and they don't think Soderberg or Alnwick are ready to be backup in case Krul gets injured. That means they've approached this Elliott guy and the Striker/LB search is still on.

Forster is on loan btw, which everybody seemed pleased about an hour or so ago.

with view to a permanent deal at the end of the season, those sort of deals very rarely don't go through.

I'm judging by the meltdown on here that we've signed this bloke on an 80k a year contract and plan on playing him up front this season?

I don't think it's a meltdown tbh, my first reaction was to laugh my tits off.  If he's 3rd choice then fine, although it amuses me that this is yet another example of signing a player at loggerheads with their club in order to get them on the cheap.  If he's 2nd choice then IMO it's a big concern, probably a big downgrade and definitely another big risk.

If he's better than Harper (and he's obviosly younger) then I don't realy see the problem.

I am sick of our apparent unwillingness to wrap up any 'full price' deals like.

From April

I keep getting linked with goalies but I’m not going to bring one in (this summer) – not a senior one anyway. Steve, Tim and Fraser (Forster) are all going to be vying for that jersey and Tim’s got an early opportunity to stake his claim. He did a good job in the first game.

From April

I keep getting linked with goalies but I’m not going to bring one in (this summer) – not a senior one anyway. Steve, Tim and Fraser (Forster) are all going to be vying for that jersey and Tim’s got an early opportunity to stake his claim. He did a good job in the first game.

:nope:

Do people actually think Foster would be willing to play second fiddle to Krul? One of them will want to leave for first team football eventually. Not everyone as willing to warm the bench as Harper.

Make him hand in a transfer request then.

Douglas -

I support prudence & financial responsibility but Pieters/Miaga/Erdinç could all have been on board by now for 1-2m extra...

So fucking hopeless. Fucking hell.

I've become really cynical under these cunts but I think that's exactly what they wanted. Offer whatever is just short of the asking price to show willing. 

Douglas -

I support prudence & financial responsibility but Pieters/Miaga/Erdinç could all have been on board by now for 1-2m extra...

So fucking hopeless. Fucking hell.

If we drop points because we aren't strong enough by Sep 1st then those points might well cost us more than £1-2m.

From April

Maybe things have changed since April?

From April

:lol:

From April

:lol: It is pretty laughable like

From April

I don't think we have brought in a senior goalkeeper so that isn't really a contradiction.

From April

I don't think we have brought in a senior goalkeeper so that isn't really a contradiction.

So what is he then?

So we ship a player out, replace him and folk still aren't happy...

We even tied it up before letting Forster go apparently. Makes you wonder why we can't do all this with first team players.

From April

We've brought in a goalkeeper deemed good enough to sit on the bench during a Tyne-Wear Derby.

From April

We've brought in a goalkeeper deemed good enough to sit on the bench during a Tyne-Wear Derby.

Tony Caig once did that, like. :lol: