NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I was at the Charlton sponsors night a few months back sat on the same table as Rob Elliott for a few hours and I've got to say that he's a really nice fella, well mannered and down to earth who went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome around the table. He's big for a footballer too, built more like a rugby player (not the fat type like Brian Moore). Only seen Charlton play once so can't comment on him as a player.

That'd be wicked if I wanted the fucker around for tea at me ma's but I don't, I want the bastard to be Peter Schmeical Mk2.

:D

I can't see whats wrong with this.

If it weren't for the fact we're screaming out elsewhere, no-one would give a monkeys and probably won't in retrospect if come September we have filled those positions. I think anyone can be forgiven for being jumpy given the circumstances.

Yeah ok, but does anyone really think they're sitting there thinking 'drop everything we need to complete the Elliot deal, Pieters and Maiga can wait'. It'll be a two second job. This guy will sign whatever's put in front of him and it's done whilst we still probably negoatiate price for the other 2.

Surprising that Lee Ryder didn't pick this one up. Normally so on the ball too.

Douglas seems to be, at last, getting canny vexed at our business for one that doesn't support NUFC. Wonder if this will result in a change in tone in reporting?

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

A proven goalkeeper with 18 seasons experience of #nufc or a Division Three goalie who can't get a game?

Douglas seems to be, at last, getting canny vexed at our business for one that doesn't support NUFC. Wonder if this will result in a change in tone in reporting?

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

A proven goalkeeper with 18 seasons experience of #nufc or a Division Three goalie who can't get a game?

:dowie:

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Nice over reaction from a journalist, that's up there with "why coudln't Williamson get a game for Portsmouth?".

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Ahhh calling it Division Three - he's so retro and cool.

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Meant more that it wasn't in the Chronicle (as far as I'm aware) and his general lack of knowledge although he's back hit the back of the net with that with the 2nd half of that tweet.

And here's me thinking transfers took ages, great news this, can't wait to see him. Bet he's dead good.

I was just saying earlier today we need to bin some promising local youngsters and get some Charlton players in.

Don't know why, but this part has me in stitches..

Well..

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Nice over reaction from a journalist, that's up there with "why coudln't Williamson get a game for Portsmouth?".

I think Ryder's just covering his arse with the demanding Newcastle fans. He comes in for some fearsome stick in the Chronicle comments and on boards like this.

Just waiting for the "wait till August 31st" crowd to chime in..."aye but he's cheap/free man, won't affect our signing a good left back or a top striker" and "loads of time left man, why's everyone getting all excited about this". Jesus H Christ.

"If we would have paid 3 million for him you'd all be ecstatic.."

Just waiting for the "wait till August 31st" crowd to chime in..."aye but he's cheap/free man, won't affect our signing a good left back or a top striker" and "loads of time left man, why's everyone getting all excited about this". Jesus H Christ.

"If we would have paid 3 million for him you'd all be ecstatic.."

Aye...let's all slag off our fellow supporters who dare to stay as optimistic as possible in shitty times, instead. That'll make us far more cool.

Let's all be as miserable and negative as can be :clap:

Touched a nerve there, did I POOT?

You call them cynical, they call you naive.

They can call me what they fucking like as long as they do what's best for the football team. Unfortunately they haven't got a fucking clue.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Miserable, negative, cynical = pragmatic imo.

He's running the club into the ground man.

Can't deny that.

He most certainly is and has been for many seasons. It's sad times.

However...this signing has pushed people into ridiculous mode. Overreactiontastic.

But when someone posts their thoughts in the thread and it's just a blast at possible opinions of others...well...you've got to wonder what's the motivation/point.

Then they'd be ignorant :lol:

Just because I'm not crying over this doesn't mean I'm naive. f*** me...we've signed a keeper. So f***ing what. :lol:

Where's the evidence its effected the possibility of other signings? These signings in the other threads that are based 100% on random websites. :iamatwat:

It's funny as f*** but I'm allowed to call out someone who is just motivated to have a dig at others.

Again...I say...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sZCMHC4TbRc/SpmCLutcvTI/AAAAAAAAApI/rAzdyvfz56g/CryingKai%5B3%5D.gif

But what if we've given the keeper a £10m signing-on fee? Have you thought of that? We've got to pay for his entire wage up front these days, and taking into account inflation, and the possible contract length, this keeper could cost us £25m over the length of his contract which we have to pay now and not factor into annual costs. Carroll money = gone

Aye...let's all slag off our fellow supporters who dare to stay as optimistic as possible in shitty times, instead. That'll make us far more cool.

Let's all be as miserable and negative as can be :clap:

Touched a nerve there, did I POOT?

No :lol:

Just pointing out Lion's miserable condescending bollocks about fellow supporters. You just got caught in the quote crossfire :laugh:

Let's just say whether i'm miserable (sometimes) and condescending (never) or just living in the real world (most of the time), i've had enough of the thick kunts running our club into the ground and planks like you telling me basically I shouldn't have this opinion because it differs from your own.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

But what if we've given the keeper a £10m signing-on fee? Have you thought of that? We've got to pay for his entire wage up front these days, and taking into account inflation, and the possible contract length, this keeper could cost us £25m over the length of his contract which we have to pay now and not factor into annual costs. Carroll money = gone

Funnily enough...no, I haven't :mackems:

I think your sarcasm-ometer is broken squire

Where's the evidence its effected the possibility of other signings? These signings in the other threads that are based 100% on random websites. :iamatwat:

To be fair, people also constantly point to the supposed bids for Gervinho, Gameiro and so on as evidence that we're willing to spend lots of money, and they were based on the same transfer rumours in the press (or on websites). The only fact is we've not signed any of them.

Can't deny that.

He most certainly is and has been for many seasons. It's sad times.

However...this signing has pushed people into ridiculous mode. Overreactiontastic.

But when someone posts their thoughts in the thread and it's just a blast at possible opinions of others ...well...you've got to wonder what's the motivation/point.

Then they'd be ignorant :lol:

Just because I'm not crying over this doesn't mean I'm naive. f*** me...we've signed a keeper. So f***ing what. :lol:

It's funny as f*** but I'm allowed to call out someone who is just motivated to have a dig at others.

Again...I say...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sZCMHC4TbRc/SpmCLutcvTI/AAAAAAAAApI/rAzdyvfz56g/CryingKai%5B3%5D.gif

F***ing hypocrite :lol:

Yep - I've never been as disheartened as a NUFC fan.

Terrible feeling tbh.

I can think of far worse times. You sound like a bigger spin merchant than your favourite whipping boy Parnocchio. Stop talking bollocks you fucking Geordie spiv :lol: