NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Probably as shite as the last Robbie Elliot. Fuck off.

Elliot may have been finished by the time we re-signed him, but he was a good player when he was first here. Infact we should never have sold him, the same applies to Watson and Clark as well. All local lads who were good enough, and would have busted a gut while wearing the shirt for years.

:thup: at least replacements were top drawer...Pistone, Pearce and Disco Des.

Said many time on here like I grew to despise Elliott on his return. Probably the slowest player we've ever had.

Guest Heneage

I'm pretty sure this has absolutely no effect on us signing a forward or left back :lol:

That said we are down to our last pen and the new stationairy budget doesn't get released until January.

Why? Are you only allowed to sign one player a week?

Meh a reserve keeper, not sure why people are making a big deal about it. Next...

perhaps because nufc should be concentrating on bringing in a striker and left back before one of the biggest games of the season ?

just a random guess like

How do you know they aren't?

Maybe because we have known fine well since at least January that we'd need to fill those positions, and now it's mid-August and there's still no sign of 2 positions of desperate need being addressed? What striker plan are we on now? i've lost count.

Meh a reserve keeper, not sure why people are making a big deal about it. Next...

perhaps because nufc should be concentrating on bringing in a striker and left back before one of the biggest games of the season ?

just a random guess like

Pretty sure that they aren't fatigued after this signing like, I don't think thats how it works anyway?

"I just.. I... I just couldn't sign another one Derek. I'm exhausted." says a gloss eyed Mike with a bottle of scotch at hand.

Elliot may have been finished by the time we re-signed him, but he was a good player when he was first here. Infact we should never have sold him, the same applies to Watson and Clark as well. All local lads who were good enough, and would have busted a gut while wearing the shirt for years.

Pearce was alright actually. I get your point though.

just a random guess like

How do you know they are ?

If you really think this signing is going to have any effect on us signing a left back or a striker you need to give your head a shake.

These cunts surely can't be this stupid.

A 3rd choice goalkeeper a priority over a Striker and Left Back

I'm sure it was a prioriy "ok lads, I want you to put all your time and effort in a 3rd choice keeper" "NO not a fucking left back, I said a keeper, the others can wait!".

Watson and Elliott were both decent players but Alan Thompson was the one I always thought we got shot of too quickly. Madly competitive and a cracking left foot.

Watson and Elliott were both decent players but Alan Thompson was the one I always thought we got shot of too quickly. Madly competitive and a cracking left foot.

Don't think he was ever as good as Salty. Actually, we should never have sold Salty, as he would have easily still done a job for us when Daveeeed sulked post-Arsenal.

just a random guess like

How do you know they are ?

If you really think this signing is going to have any effect on us signing a left back or a striker you need to give your head a shake.

Time is of the essence.  We appear to be fannying about with the other deals with a massive game on Saturday.  The reactions are perfectly understandable.

2 points -

Neither Ashley nor Llambias pick the transfer targets. Clearly someone at the club has watched this lad and thinks he has potential.

Let's suspend judgement until we actually see him play.

Don't think he was ever as good as Salty. Actually, we should never have sold Salty, as he would have easily still done a job for us when Daveeeed sulked post-Arsenal.

I saw Thompson more as a central midfielder though so he wouldn't have competed with Sellars.

2 points -

Neither Ashley nor Llambias pick the transfer targets. Clearly someone at the club has watched this lad and thinks he has potential.

Hopefully we'll never have to.

2 points -

Hope we never see him play tbh

Pearce was alright actually. I get your point though.

That he was, a consumate pro as always, but it was the message of the transfer more than anything.

Anyway, fingers crossed this new bloke will never need to play. Be interesting if he's dropped into to all the mention by the club in defence of not bringing players in.

2 points -

Looks highly rated among the Charlton fans. Was apparently third runner up in becoming player of the year. Hope we "never" see him play though. Krul is the man.