NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

2 points -

Neither Ashley nor Llambias pick the transfer targets. Clearly someone at the club has watched this lad and thinks he has potential.

Let's suspend judgement until we actually see him play.

We are signing this lad because he's got a year left on his contract, not because he's the best young keeper we can find. Still, I hope the scouts really have liked what they see. It's difficult not to be cynical when the policy becomes so transparent.

For fucks sake, this is just ridiculous. I'm not particularly amused it looks like we'll be going without a left back this weekend, especially given Pardew's assurances at the beginning of the week, but do people honestly think this signing had any effect on how quickly we complete that deal? Just goes to show people will whinge for the sake of whinging at the moment.

Guest palnese

For fucks sake, this is just ridiculous. I'm not particularly amused it looks like we'll be going without a left back this weekend, especially given Pardew's assurances at the beginning of the week, but do people honestly think this signing had any effect on how quickly we complete that deal? Just goes to show people will whinge for the sake of whinging at the moment.

Too true.

Bet we're offloading Harper.

Another million off the wagebill. :thup:

His time to go is now.

He's been first choice for us for the last 2 seasons, I'd be a hell of a lot more comfortable putting him in if Krul has a wobble or gets injured.

Guest Mantis

We'll soon have the lowest wage bill in the Premiership.  Sadly hods of cash wont buy you a goal.  It goes from one ridiculous situation to another.  So this is one of the two players Puppet was on about or has anyone actually told him about this yet?

I'm judging by the meltdown on here that we've signed this bloke on an 80k a year contract and plan on playing him up front this season?

Nah man, it means we've got rid of a promising, young, local keeper in order to sign him

I'm judging by the meltdown on here that we've signed this bloke on an 80k a year contract and plan on playing him up front this season?

Nah man, it means we've got rid of a promising, young, local keeper in order to sign him

Who?

I don't think it's a meltdown tbh, my first reaction was to laugh my tits off.  If he's 3rd choice then fine, although it amuses me that this is yet another example of signing a player at loggerheads with their club in order to get them on the cheap.  If he's 2nd choice then IMO it's a big concern, probably a big downgrade and definitely another big risk.

If Harper is being phased/pushed out then why has he let Forster go back out on loan? We've gone from having 2 young keepers and an older one to just Krul and some fucker from Charlton.