NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Mantis

From April

I keep getting linked with goalies but Im not going to bring one in (this summer) not a senior one anyway. Steve, Tim and Fraser (Forster) are all going to be vying for that jersey and Tims got an early opportunity to stake his claim. He did a good job in the first game.

Parnocchio at it again. Someone should make a sticky of all of his s****.

and crash the server? It would be a full time job

Guest Mantis

Is it not at all possible the situation has significantly changed since April like?

Yes.  We are now even more desparate for a LB and a striker.

Why the fucking bicker. We're buying a cheap player to replace either or both promising youngsters in Forster and Soderberg. Harper is probably off, fair enough if he doesn't want to have to prove himself to battle Krul, he probably deserves better, but there is no doubt that in the long run this is nothing but yet another money saving exercise which is taking priority over more pressing on field matters like making sure our squad is strong enough in other positions. If we really did need to let one of Harper or Soderberg go, or if we don't think Soderberg will ever cut it, we could have done this in Jan, there was no rush. It's the obvious mindset of the fat cunt and his dweeby sidekick that is infuriating. Money over performance again.

:lol: TRon man, it doesn't matter how old he is!

Why? Is he past it already? :lol:

Wow. :lol:

Because Pardew said he wasn't going to a sign another senior goalkeeper, which means another goalkeeper for the senior squad.  Running out of ways to say this.

Given was actually nearly 33 when we sold him.

I can guarantee it will be the same people who are arguing that Elliott is a senior.

Are you on the wind up or do you genuinely think Pardew was talking about age?

I think he was deflecting questions about Rob Green at the time if that's any clue. What age is he?

I can't see whats wrong with this. Harper and Forster don't want to sit on the bench but after looking at them all summer as he said he would, Pardew has picked Krul as his no.1 and he has to stick with him for a prolonged period now.

Soderberg isn't ready so maybe he goes out on loan to get some games and Elliot sits happily on the bench until he is ready.

Is it not at all possible the situation has significantly changed since April like?

Understand your point but tbh mate I'd be surprised if Pardew has that much of a say.  Highly believable that he's been told he can't have a £30k a week keeper on the bench and needs to replace him with a cheaper option.

Only Newcastle would do this. Sell their only LB, without a replacement in the bag, and then despite having cash coming out of their f***ing ears, wait a week...and buy a league one goalkeeper. Not another club in the professional football world is this poorly run man.

I was at the Charlton sponsors night a few months back sat on the same table as Rob Elliott for a few hours and I've got to say that he's a really nice fella, well mannered and down to earth who went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome around the table. He's big for a footballer too, built more like a rugby player (not the fat type like Brian Moore). Only seen Charlton play once so can't comment on him as a player.

I can't see whats wrong with this. Harper and Forster don't want to sit on the bench but after looking at them all summer as he said he would, Pardew has picked Krul as his no.1 and he has to stick with him for a prolonged period now.

Soderberg isn't ready so maybe he goes out on loan to get some games and Elliot sits happily on the bench until he is ready.

Pretty much how it's panned out in reality I think.

I was at the Charlton sponsors night a few months back sat on the same table as Rob Elliott for a few hours and I've got to say that he's a really nice fella, well mannered and down to earth who went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome around the table. He's big for a footballer too, built more like a rugby player (not the fat type like Brian Moore). Only seen Charlton play once so can't comment on him as a player.

That'd be wicked if I wanted the fucker around for tea at me ma's but I don't, I want the bastard to be Peter Schmeical Mk2.

:thup:

I can't see whats wrong with this.

If it weren't for the fact we're screaming out elsewhere, no-one would give a monkeys and probably won't in retrospect if come September we have filled those positions. I think anyone can be forgiven for being jumpy given the circumstances.

Great story, after reading that I feel aal soothed like.

Surprising that Lee Ryder didn't pick this one up. Normally so on the ball too.

Douglas seems to be, at last, getting canny vexed at our business for one that doesn't support NUFC. Wonder if this will result in a change in tone in reporting?