NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Would it really be awful having Beattie on the books?  Where would he fit in the pecking order and would you really prefer the player directly below him in that order on the pitch instead?

Had thought that but i dunno. Seems like a body just for the sake of having a body, really.

I'd sooner see Beattie than Lovenkrands, but I'd also sooner see SaAmeobi, Ben Arfa, Best, ShAmeobi, Ba, Obertan and Vučkić up-front ahead of Lovenkrands. So Beattie would probably still be 7th on my pecking order.

I'd sooner see Beattie than Lovenkrands, but I'd also sooner see SaAmeobi, Ben Arfa, Best, ShAmeobi, Ba, Obertan and Vučkić up-front ahead of Lovenkrands. So Beattie would probably still be 7th on my pecking order.

We actually have an embarrassment of riches in that position when you think about it. :lol:  Seriously though, if Vuckic and Sammy Ameobi are deemed 'ready' enough then it would be stupid not to give them minutes in the circumstances we're in at the minute.

I hate the attitude towards youth not being ready. There's absolute nothing to gain from playing Lovenkrands, so play Sammy and Vuckic. They've got undoubted potential IMO and are actually proving to be better on the pitch NOW than the alternatives.

I hate the attitude towards youth not being ready. There's absolute nothing to gain from playing Lovenkrands, so play Sammy and Vuckic. They've got undoubted potential IMO and are actually proving to be better on the pitch NOW than the alternatives.

I'm with you but it really does depend - you could hoy a 16 year old from the reserves in at left back for the next 10 games and it could completely destroy his confidence if he wasn't 'ready'.  I'm happy for the 2 mentioned to be introduced as subs for the next few games and we see where we go from there.  There's really no need to be playing Lovenkrands at all at the minute anyway as it should be Ba/Best/Shola battling for 1 or 2 forward positions with the kids providing cover for the time being.

I'm with you but it really does depend - you could hoy a 16 year old from the reserves in at left back for the next 10 games and it could completely destroy his confidence if he wasn't 'ready'.  I'm happy for the 2 mentioned to be introduced as subs for the next few games and we see where we go from there.  There's really no need to be playing Lovenkrands at all at the minute anyway as it should be Ba/Best/Shola battling for 1 or 2 forward positions with the kids providing cover for the time being.

Fair enough. I think Sammy should have been coming on instead of Smith at the weekend though.

Put me in at left-back. I know I'll be shit, so when I get skinned repeatedly it'll come as no great disappointment. Then, bring on Santon and he'll be a massive improvement even if he's total balls. After five matches of that, the crowd'll be singing his name and begging for him to come off the bench and pleading that he starts games.