Steven Taylor back soon

s***! Well he certainly has the upper hand in contract negotiations, as midds says, a proper f*** up.

He can really hold us to ransom, I hope him (and his agent) have some kind of class in this situation.

those two words dont belong in the same sentance without the words complete lack of between them

s***! Well he certainly has the upper hand in contract negotiations, as midds says, a proper f*** up.

He can really hold us to ransom, I hope him (and his agent) have some kind of class in this situation.

Let him. The sell him in the summer, on our terms.

We can't let him go for free, so if it means paying him a little more than he's worth than so be it. It's not like we don't pay several players 3 or 4 times what they are worth anyway, and at least he is sellable.

If money is what is important to him then fine, we sussed him out, but at least we got money for him instead of cutting our noses off not offering him a contract that seals a transfer value for him.

Not a great situation for us contract wise.

Should have been sorted out months ago, one way or the other.

To allow him to walk away for nothing would be criminal. Far from his biggest fan but the club should have assessed the situation and employed a modicum of f***ing foresight and either cashed in on him or tied him up on a new deal.

f***ing incompetent amateurish wankers. :hmm:

on the other hand if no decent bids have came in and the player is willing to conduct talks.......what should they do ?

To allow him to walk away for nothing would be criminal. Far from his biggest fan but the club should have assessed the situation and employed a modicum of f***ing foresight and either cashed in on him or tied him up on a new deal.

on the other hand if no decent bids have came in and the player is willing to conduct talks.......what should they do ?

Offer a good contract to a decent defender and pay over the odds until someone is interested enough to make a decent bid.

Offer a good contract to a decent defender and pay over the odds until someone is interested enough to make a decent bid.

seriously saying we should deliberatly pay over the odds ?

We need to either sign him up or move him on. If that mean offering him £15k a week more than he's worth then so be it.

I think someone would pay up to £6m or £7m for him and we can't afford not to cash in when that bid comes in.

We need to either sign him up or move him on. If that mean offering him £15k a week more than he's worth then so be it.

I think someone would pay up to £6m or £7m for him and we can't afford not to cash in when that bid comes in.

or maybe wait for him to come back and if he doesnt want to re-sign on a fair enough contract then hopefully someone will buy him in january ?

eoither way its all in his favour and there seems little the club can do beyond offering him too much.

or maybe wait for him to come back and if he doesnt want to re-sign on a fair enough contract then hopefully someone will buy him in january ?

eoither way its all in his favour and there seems little the club can do beyond offering him too much.

The club should have sorted this out ages ago.

If he walks away for nothing, how much will it cost us to replace him? A £4m player? plus a canny signing on fee an substantial wages?

Far better to to give Taylor what he thinks he's worth and move him on in a year or two. It'll work out cheaper in the long run imo.

If he walks away for nothing, how much will it cost us to replace him? A £4m player? plus a canny signing on fee an substantial wages?

Far better to to give Taylor what he thinks he's worth and move him on in a year or two. It'll work out cheaper in the long run imo.

if the club gave him big wages 2 years ago, with sooo long left on his contract people would have slagged it off, if they done it last season in the championship they'd have got slagged off.....no win really.

if the club gave him big wages 2 years ago, with sooo long left on his contract people would have slagged it off, if they done it last season in the championship they'd have got slagged off.....no win really.

At least they'd have been pro-active and shown a bit of foresight. :thup:

Let's just do fuck all and see him walk away for nowt though. That'll be the best decision. Do absolutely nothing then attempt to replace him by spending buttons. Fantastic way to run the club into the ground.

Let's just do f*** all and see him walk away for nowt though. That'll be the best decision. Do absolutely nothing then attempt to replace him by spending buttons. Fantastic way to run the club into the ground.

so given the last 2 years as shown above what would you suggest ? i'm pretty sure theres a deal waiting for him. how much should we offer him ?

Let's just do f*** all and see him walk away for nowt though. That'll be the best decision. Do absolutely nothing then attempt to replace him by spending buttons. Fantastic way to run the club into the ground.

so given the last 2 years as shown above what would you suggest ? i'm pretty sure theres a deal waiting for him. how much should we offer him ?

Depends what he's asking for. I've got no way of knowing tbh.

shut up and got to bed then.

:lol:

All I know is that him seeing his contract out and walking away for nothing is the worst-case scenario. Paying over the odds on wages or moving him on now are preferable. Whether you agree or not is pretty much up to you mate, couldn't really give a fuck. Night night. :thup: 

:lol:

All I know is that him seeing his contract out and walking away for nothing is the worst-case scenario. Paying over the odds on wages or moving him on now are preferable. Whether you agree or not is pretty much up to you mate, couldn't really give a f***. Night night. :thup: 

as you've already said you dont know what he's asking for....areyou prepared to pay him whatever he asks for  ?