Andrei Arshavin loves to talk

Village Idiot

Guest firetotheworks

It's funny because he doesn't play for my team.

Aye, they would have been four outrageous own goals if he did.

Village Idiot, i think he is so good but lazy. He's not good enough for you, he's; good enough for us when he's trying but he doesn't. He looks exhausted after 10 minutes on the pitch and will never track back or get the ball for himself.

I think he should feel privileged to be able to play for Arsenal not be so ungrateful and outspoken in the press.

I would much rather play Wilshere every week next season, a player that actually wants it and has a bit of passion even if he isn't as good yet.

Or if we could get some money for him get Joe Cole on a free and get rid of Arshavin and his ridiculous wages.

Obviously, all this should be discounted if next season he pulls his finger out a bit and looks motivated because then he is one of the best players in the league.

Village Idiot, i think he is so good but lazy. He's not good enough for you, he's; good enough for us when he's trying but he doesn't. He looks exhausted after 10 minutes on the pitch and will never track back or get the ball for himself.

I think he should feel privileged to be able to play for Arsenal not be so ungrateful and outspoken in the press.

I would much rather play Wilshere every week next season, a player that actually wants it and has a bit of passion even if he isn't as good yet.

Or if we could get some money for him get Joe Cole on a free and get rid of Arshavin and his ridiculous wages.

Obviously, all this should be discounted if next season he pulls his finger out a bit and looks motivated because then he is one of the best players in the league.

That's a bit of an oxymoron as no doubt Joe Cole would want ridiculous wages too. The problem is you have too many mid-fielders with similar styles.

We were in for Arshavin in the summer of 2008 but balked at Zenit's demands, was really surprised (and slightly annoyed) when I saw that Arsenal got him for a very reasonable fee in winter.

He's not been up to his best this season, but would be a mistake to get rid of him. His quotes to the media are either brilliant or extremely irresponsible, depending on how you look at it. I'll take brilliant because I don't support Arsenal  :laugh:

That's a bit of an oxymoron as no doubt Joe Cole would want ridiculous wages too. The problem is you have too many mid-fielders with similar styles.

Surely nowhere near the £110,000 that is widely reported that Andrei is on.

And Joe Cole is on a free, saving money straight away.

Surely nowhere near the £110,000 that is widely reported that Andrei is on.

And Joe Cole is on a free, saving money straight away.

Players who are out of contract and come with a reputation like Cole tend to command higher wages though. Quite simply because they haven't commanded a transfer fee so their new club can afford that extra in wages. Look at how much Campbell was on when he was at Arsenal and Pompey.

Fair enough, if it's so much i wouldn't be interested. I thought that he was on about 50? and wanted to go up to 80?

I spose we'll never know accurate figures.