The German Steve McClaren

Guest Geordiesned

Shame because our game in England needs a manager and indeed players to succeed abroad. To his credit he did succeed at Twente and I just hope he doesn't now turn his back on his own foreign adventure. He's a decent manager in my opinion and I'd have him at Newcastle ahead of Pardew in a heart beat.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Have the wolly with a brolly ahead of Pardew??? As far as i'm concerned a manager who takes on Croatia with England and gets demolished is and always be absolute crap.

McClaren is twice the manager Pardew will ever be and more. He is by no means great but then there are only a handful of managers in the game that are and only ever will be at any given time, but he is much better than Pardew in every aspect.

If we are to use England as a yardstick.... what does KK's stint in charge of the national team make him as a manager?!

Pardew has achieved nothing of note in his managerial career whatsoever. McClaren achieved more as an assistant man.

Look I don't rate Pardew either but if we're already with crap why replace it with more crap. When we sacked Hughton we pretty much gave up any chance of getting a good manager for a number of years. Might as well stick with Pardew on the cheap.

Don't get how he could do so well in Holland then utterly fail in Germany.

Have you all learned nothing....

http://www.soccernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/No-no...not-the-wally-with-the-brolly.jpg

:tiote:

http://cdn.radionetherlands.nl/data/files/imagecache/must_carry/images/lead/FC-Twente-wins-ANP.jpg

Shame because our game in England needs a manager and indeed players to succeed abroad. To his credit he did succeed at Twente and I just hope he doesn't now turn his back on his own foreign adventure. He's a decent manager in my opinion and I'd have him at Newcastle ahead of Pardew in a heart beat.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Have the wolly with a brolly ahead of Pardew??? As far as i'm concerned a manager who takes on Croatia with England and gets demolished is and always be absolute crap.

Is this a parody of Ingerland fans?

• 4 months later...

Don't get how he could do so well in Holland then utterly fail in Germany.

Have you all learned nothing....

http://www.soccernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/No-no...not-the-wally-with-the-brolly.jpg

:tiote:

http://cdn.radionetherlands.nl/data/files/imagecache/must_carry/images/lead/FC-Twente-wins-ANP.jpg

Brilliant that :lol:

He's awesome, man!  :lol:

Forest fans must be blushing listening to that though, such patronising bollocks.

"I..like to thank you all...for being here today...it is a...a...great HONOUR...to be...MANAGER...of a club like...FOREST...The club is er...er...STEEPED in history...you can SMELL it, in this room..."

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Nottingham Forest manager Steve McClaren is understood to be considering his position at the City Ground.

McClaren only took charge during the summer following the dismissal of Billy Davies, but Forest have made a poor start to the season and he has been frustrated by a lack of activity from the club in the transfer market.

The former England manager had hoped to bring in a number of reinforcements to help Forest challenge for promotion to the Premier League, and called on the board to show their ambition before Wednesday's 11pm deadline.

However, the squad was not strengthened as much as McClaren would have liked and his future at the club is now in doubt.

McClaren has gone away for a few days during the international break for a period of reflection, and is expected to make a decision by the end of the weekend.

McClaren's predecessor at the City Ground, Davies, regularly called for support in making new signings during his two-and-a-half years at the helm.

McClaren on his way?

Miserable

Davies guided the club to back-to-back play-off finishes but did not manage to secure promotion and was relieved of his duties in June.

Forest are currently 18th in the Championship standings five games into the new campaign, having lost 4-1 at home to West Ham last Sunday.

McClaren had been determined to prove that he could be successful in English football after a miserable spell in charge of the national team earlier in his career.

He repaired some of the damage to his reputation with a title-winning stint at Dutch club FC Twente,before moving to German outfit Wolfsburg.

But he lasted less than a season at Wolfsburg after finding that he did not have full control over transfers, and he now faces a similar situation at Forest.

Forest's problem is that they lack pace, especially on the wings. I don't know why Schteeve is complaining about lack of players though. With the funds he did have at his disposal he brought in three central midfielders, all over 30 and all severely on the decline.

A period of reflection. :lol:

Put the transfer window behind you, work with what you've got and get some results out of your players, and manage them to success.

Revolutionary, I know.

Sounds like a comment from an Evertonian living in the real world  :thup:

A period of reflection. :lol:

Put the transfer window behind you, work with what you've got and get some results out of your players, and manage them to success.

Revolutionary, I know.

Sounds like a comment from an Evertonian living in the real world  :thup:

What poor old Moyes has been doing for years.