Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Just having a flick through the terms and conditions for the pitch.

• THE WEARING OF SPIKED, SCREW-IN METAL STUDDED SHOES OR BLADES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

• DO NOT WEAR FLAT SHOES ON THE PITCH.

• SMOKING IN OR AROUND THE SITE IS PROHIBITED.

• FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE CONSUMED IN THE PITCH ENCLOSURE.

• CHEWING GUM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

• DO NOT PLACE SHARP OBJECTS ON THE SURFACE.

• SPECTATORS MUST REMAIN OUTSIDE THE ENCLOSURE AT ALL TIMES.

• USERS MUST CLEAN THEIR FOOTWEAR BEFORE GOING ON TO THE PITCH.

Obviously we knew about the studs issue, but blades... does that refer to moulded studs?

I think the best option is just to bring your trainers. I don't want us to get this far (and certain people travel so far) only for us to get booted off cos of having the wrong footwear.

Every 3G pitch in the area has the same rules, no metal studs or blades on the pitch as it damages the 3G. If they've just opened the pitch, they'll be naturally protective of it and probably a bit strict.

As long as your boots aren't caked in mud and don't have metal studs or blades, you'll be fine.

They won't let you wear 'flat shoes' because of H&S (you'll go over on your ankle due to the rubber crumb)

So what can you wear, doesn't seem to be much Choice?

Also I only have blades, so guess I can't play

THE WEARING OF SPIKED, SCREW-IN METAL STUDDED SHOES OR BLADES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

DO NOT WEAR FLAT SHOES ON THE PITCH.

SMOKING IN OR AROUND THE SITE IS PROHIBITED.

FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE CONSUMED IN THE PITCH ENCLOSURE.

CHEWING GUM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

DO NOT PLACE SHARP OBJECTS ON THE SURFACE.

SPECTATORS MUST REMAIN OUTSIDE THE ENCLOSURE AT ALL TIMES.

USERS MUST CLEAN THEIR FOOTWEAR BEFORE GOING ON TO THE PITCH.

Obviously we knew about the studs issue, but blades... does that refer to moulded studs?

I think the best option is just to bring your trainers. I don't want us to get this far (and certain people travel so far) only for us to get booted off cos of having the wrong footwear.

Every 3G pitch in the area has the same rules, no metal studs or blades on the pitch as it damages the 3G. If they've just opened the pitch, they'll be naturally protective of it and probably a bit strict.

As long as your boots aren't caked in mud and don't have metal studs or blades, you'll be fine.

They won't let you wear 'flat shoes' because of H&S (you'll go over on your ankle due to the rubber crumb)

What about 5 a side boots? They are pretty flat but have those small rubber studs.

Guest neesy111

• THE WEARING OF SPIKED, SCREW-IN METAL STUDDED SHOES OR BLADES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

• DO NOT WEAR FLAT SHOES ON THE PITCH.

• SMOKING IN OR AROUND THE SITE IS PROHIBITED.

• FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE CONSUMED IN THE PITCH ENCLOSURE.

• CHEWING GUM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

• DO NOT PLACE SHARP OBJECTS ON THE SURFACE.

• SPECTATORS MUST REMAIN OUTSIDE THE ENCLOSURE AT ALL TIMES.

• USERS MUST CLEAN THEIR FOOTWEAR BEFORE GOING ON TO THE PITCH.

What about 5 a side boots? They are pretty flat but have those small rubber studs.

I'm guessing they are the only footwear that is allowed.  I hope we don't choose the pitch again (not having a go yorkie), but seems overly priced and almost like a prison in the do's/not do's

THE WEARING OF SPIKED, SCREW-IN METAL STUDDED SHOES OR BLADES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

DO NOT WEAR FLAT SHOES ON THE PITCH.

SMOKING IN OR AROUND THE SITE IS PROHIBITED.

FOOD IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE CONSUMED IN THE PITCH ENCLOSURE.

CHEWING GUM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

DO NOT PLACE SHARP OBJECTS ON THE SURFACE.

SPECTATORS MUST REMAIN OUTSIDE THE ENCLOSURE AT ALL TIMES.

USERS MUST CLEAN THEIR FOOTWEAR BEFORE GOING ON TO THE PITCH.

I'm guessing they are the only footwear that is allowed.  I hope we don't choose the pitch again (not having a go yorkie), but seems overly priced and almost like a prison in the do's/not do's

It'll be alot more lax than it sounds I reckon, plus just go in trainers then when he pisses off just put whatever boots on you want, can't see him watching tha match.

Bloomin' hell lads, only METAL TIPPED BLADES - if they're coated with plastic (or plastic anyways) then they're fine.

You can also wear moulded boots, normal boots (with plastic screw-in studs - 70%+ of the market), astro turf trainers - whatever suits you.

The rule is there to protect the pitch, so if you think your footwear is likely to cause damage to the brand new 3g surface, don't wear them.

From the chat in the thread, this John Hall lad sounds like a bit of a knob, so wait until you're on the pitch before putting your metal-tipped blades/studs on (if you have nothing else to wear) - else he'll no doubt hear the metal as you walk on the pavement to the pitch.

A bit of common sense really.

Bloomin' hell lads, only METAL TIPPED BLADES - if they're coated with plastic (or plastic anyways) then they're fine.

You can also wear moulded boots, normal boots (with plastic screw-in studs - 70%+ of the market), astro turf trainers - whatever suits you.

The rule is there to protect the pitch, so if you think your footwear is likely to cause damage to the brand new 3g surface, don't wear them.

From the chat in the thread, this John Hall lad sounds like a bit of a knob, so wait until you're on the pitch before putting your metal-tipped blades/studs on (if you have nothing else to wear) - else he'll no doubt hear the metal as you walk on the pavement to the pitch.

Some of the lads around here just don't have street smarts like we have Stu. We've got Masters Degrees from the University of LIFE, much better than any "real" degree.

I said this yesterday. As long as they aren't metal tipped you'll be fine.

I can feel Stu's frustration from here.

Just wear what you have FFS. I'm sure the police aren't going to be there to arrest anybody with suspicious looking footwear on.

flat shoes ? i was planning on just weraring my normal trainers, adidas ciero's...http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Btg1mKgNEg6IQM:http://superdopekicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/4-566x445.jpg

surely these'll be OK but they are flat.

If Stu is playing what we doing re: the spare man?

Are you still moaning man??

I guess when we see who actually turns up in the morning we can make an assessment of the equality of it all. I'm still not convinced that everyone who is supposed to turn up will tbh.

do you mean me ?

Guest neesy111

flat shoes ? i was planning on just weraring my normal trainers, adidas ciero's...http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Btg1mKgNEg6IQM:http://superdopekicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/4-566x445.jpg

yeap, tho this isn't just be a kick around, some serious rivalry is going on between the two teams. COME ON THE REDS!

yeap, tho this isn't just be a kick around, some serious faux rivalry is going on between the two teams. COME ON THE REDS!

fixed

The wording of the rules is weird but now I understand.

The wording of the rules is designed to:

a) Allow them to stop people wearing footwear that may damage the surface (i.e. metal studs, dirty boots, etc.)

b) Cover them from a H&S perspective in case someone injures themselves playing (i.e. metal tipped blades, flat shoes, etc.)

Thus, if you:

a) Don't damage the surface

b) Don't injure yourself

You will be fine.

a) Allow them to stop people wearing footwear that may damage the surface (i.e. metal studs, dirty boots, etc.)

b) Cover them from a H&S perspective in case someone injures themselves playing (i.e. metal tipped blades, flat shoes, etc.)

Thus, if you:

b) Don't injure yourself

You will be fine.

flat shoes though...what is meant here ? surely it can't mean normal school shoes as it would mean girls wearing heels are allowed to go on it ?

Thus, if you:

b) Don't injure yourself

You will be fine.

flat shoes though...what is meant here ? surely it can't mean normal school shoes as it would mean girls wearing heels are allowed to go on it ?

3G surfaces use rubber crumb (small bits of rubber) to add some 'give' to the pitch and make it feel less like running on a hard surface. If you have flat shoes with nothing to dig into the surface you can easily slide over the small bits of rubber crumb, which can cause a pretty nasty injury if you're running at pace.

I don't think they'd let you wear your wife's high heels.

Thus, if you:

b) Don't injure yourself

You will be fine.

3G surfaces use rubber crumb (small bits of rubber) to add some 'give' to the pitch and make it feel less like running on a hard surface. If you have flat shoes with nothing to dig into the surface you can easily slide over the small bits of rubber crumb, which can cause a pretty nasty injury if you're running at pace.

I don't think they'd let you wear your wife's high heels.

so am i ok in my adidas ciero's ? and i have my own high heels for those "special occasions" thanks.

right then, just been on the phone to my nephew who goes to school there and was in the school team. he says trainers are fine on it but mouldies are slightly better and he rates it as a very good pitch.

he's also available at short notice tomorrow should we need him, just lives round the corner.