The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Won't disclose what I put on cause I didn't post it earlier but unless Canada score two goals then I have made a good profit tonight, even after a hefty loss on a Haugesand./HJK Helsinki double.

Guest Heneage

Wish I'd bet tonight, could have made some easy money.

You were considering putting money on Viking. :lol:

Check your MSN. I asked you to put £100 on Rosenborg before they kicked off.  :snod:

How the f*** did Portugal not win? :lol: So happy I didn't add them to any acc. :lol:

watched the first half an hour and they were crap. they remind me of argentina '86' except ronaldo is no maradona.

Eng -1

Arg - 2

Por - Clean sheet

£26 rtn just over £150

Screenshot to follow on payout.

What's this screenshot fad all about?

Surely if you've posted your bet up before the event takes place, it's sufficient to prove your selection? Are people really that interested to see how much money you may have won, or is it that you're gloating in the afterglow of a winning selection?

(this isn't aimed at you TheSpence, just noticed it creeping in towards the end of the last betting thread and the start of this one)

I thought these threads were about sharing information, good tips or solid selections?

I only post screenshots for bets with a really big payout or big stake as I'd be suspicious as well if someone else claimed they'd bet really really big or won really really big. Have no problems believing any of you as long as the bet isn't posted after the match is finished.

I thought it was the done thing to prove your bet.

Only if you haven't actually posted it before the game, or if you're claiming to have won thousands or whatever.

I thought it was the done thing to prove your bet.

nah, just stating is ought to be enough (really what it means is i haven't got a clue how to post them and would probably leave all sorts of details on there that i shouldn't..........................plus i couldn't really be arsed)

People can get far too tetchy about bets like.

Consistently saying you've won loads without posting beforehand though is irritating.

Aye I'm starting to feel guilty about doing it tonight but I do post beforehand 9 times out of 10.

Consistently saying you've won loads without posting beforehand though is irritating.

Aye I'm starting to feel guilty about doing it tonight but I do post beforehand 9 times out of 10.

Aye I know, regular users of this thread know most post beforehand regardless. Tbh I think pretty much everyone does, so it's all a bit blown out of proportion.

worse still are those that suddenly pop with "got a 27timer on the go,26 came in yesterday and i'm waiting on man utd at home to westerhope under 9's for 7 grand"

Boston (NBA) & Philly (NHL) both need 1 more win to reach the final & both at home tonight. Will be getting on that.

I am well up for the month so whacked £51 on it got odds 20/21. Be nice to wake up with a win but if its loss I have a bloody good run.

Is it worth putting £50 on Philadelphia Flyers in-game at 1.83?

yes.

anyway i've put a little bit on ukraine later today.

I put it, and five seconds after Montreal score. :lol:

yes.

is it baseball or basketball ?

Guest Heneage

yes.

is it baseball or basketball ?

Montreal doesn't have an NBA team.