The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Aye, but the fact Liverpool are winning isn't surprising. Anyway, just my interpretation of what you said, I'm just pissed off the one time my instinct was right, I didn't put money on it. :lol:

Liverpool wouldn't be winning if you did you know, the universe would implode Doctor Who style.

Juventus were 2-0 up then concede 2 goals in a minute. :lol:

I'm in that brilliant position of needing 4 goals with not that long left.  I'm shite at betting like. :lol:

I actually have a thing where I never bet on Juve, but went with them the other week.  They were 2-0 up with 8 minutes left and suprise suprise ended up drawing 2-2.  Corrupt as fuck.

Juventus were 2-0 up then concede 2 goals in a minute. :lol:

I'm in that brilliant position of needing 4 goals with not that long left.  I'm shite at betting like. :lol:

Fucking Evian TG.

Fucking Juve.

Fucking Dembele.

:lol:

OK, I can't even get results right at all.  You know how people say "the thing with accumulators is that you always miss out by one goal"?  Well I don't miss out by one goal, I miss out by 5 or 6 or 15 goals.

I'm not going to say something daft like I'm quitting betting (although I've not been that active this season actually) but I'm going to focus my attention on bets like 'both teams to score' and 'more than x goals in a game" and see if I have any more luck.

Done a live bet of 30 € on FSV Frankfurt/draw. 1-1 at the moment. Returns 66€.

Was it yourself David that dabbles in a little betting on cycling? I seem to remember someone doing some throughout Le Tour last year. If so, looked at the Giro much?

I've gone for Joaquim Rodriguez @ 35 and top 3 @ 7. He's got a bit of form, and can get up the mountains as well as anyone, has his team working for him and some decent domestiques . However, as the route is so hard, and Contador such a favourite, I haven't done too much. I'm hoping the w/o Contador market will start offering some decent prices soon.

The best bets will be in play/the night before on some of the saw-tooth pattern intermediate stages where breaks will go away, and former GC contenders who have cracked and lost time so they're allowed to go for stages.

Man City to win big, and Silva, Toure, Johnstone to score anytime.

plus:

Norway in the Eurovision 1. Semi to win and top 3, top 3 in the final.

Switzerland top 3 in 1. semi.

Armenia top 3 in the 1. semi.

covered with Hungary to win the 1. semi

(The Norwegian song sounds a bit like the World Cup theme, which is still crazily, inexplicably popular in the backwards parts of the continent (to my mind: most of it, particularly the parts which take Eurovision seriously). 

I've put 70 € on Lena (Germany) to win the ESC again this year. Returns 840€.

I think she's fallen for a 'second song' syndrome, its a bit slow and complicated for the Eurovision cheesefest (trying to prove she is an artist in the wrong competition), plus there are plenty of other 'heritage' or famous acts in this year, so name recognition might not be worth too much. Still, it looks wide open this year. The 'likely' contenders are all from unpopular nations or are way over-rated. I'll be amazed if France (favs.) win, they make UK look like it has friends in Europe. 

Just put £5 inplay on Croatia: Giant Celine-Dion potential Tranny with dead, War of Independence-haunted eyes squarking between dubstep break-downs. 

I endorse this bet - not that I have a fucking clue what's going on. :lol:

Just put £5 inplay on Croatia: Giant Celine-Dion potential Tranny with dead, War of Independence-haunted eyes squarking between dubstep break-downs. 

I endorse this bet - not that I have a fucking clue what's going on. :lol:

Check your PMs, man. :snod:

Guest Shaun

Just lost a lot tonight. Probably won't bet again for a while, which is hard considering I work at a Bookies. Depressed isn't the word.

You should know better!

Just lost a lot tonight. Probably won't bet again for a while, which is hard considering I work at a Bookies. Depressed isn't the word.

On what though?