The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Gone to Betsson now after Unibet decided to turn wankers with their payment options not allowing me to just use just my VISA anymore. (Norway's got fucked up betting laws as there's a state monopoly on betting so betting sites need to make you pay in Euros and shit or something, I can't recall the details.)

Don't give our government any stupid ideas man!

Don't you have some sort of monopoly already? Svenska Spel or something?

Gone to Betsson now after Unibet decided to turn wankers with their payment options not allowing me to just use just my VISA anymore. (Norway's got fucked up betting laws as there's a state monopoly on betting so betting sites need to make you pay in Euros and shit or something, I can't recall the details.)

Don't give our government any stupid ideas man!

Don't you have some sort of monopoly already? Svenska Spel or something?

Aye, but we haven't got anything as stupid as betting sites having to make us pay in Euros.

Yet.

As if a team managed by Jose Mourinho would concede 4 goals.  :rolleyes: (I know they did against Barca, but that's a different story)

Probably quite a half arsed team against a Tottenham team who will be attacking constantly gives me a few % chance.

As if a team managed by Jose Mourinho would concede 4 goals.  :rolleyes: (I know they did against Barca, but that's a different story)

Probably quite a half arsed team against a Tottenham team who will be attacking constantly gives me a few % chance.

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full201012201240366076519_jose-mourinho-laughing.jpgx

If anything, Tottenham will already have given up. And if they haven't and go gung-ho as the press says 'Arry will, Real will counter in a goal and crush their spirits once and for all.

They screwed up and owe me a £50 apology.

You screwed up their chances of winning.

Nonsense. They should have been motivated for no reason other than to ensure I win. Failure.

The failure was there the moment you pressed "confirm bet".

Putting a tenner on Inter to qualify, if nowt else just to make tonight a bit interesting.

Betting on Inter to qualify as well just to spite you.

If we can claw back from a four-goal deficit in 20 minutes against Arsenal, then Spurs have every chance of doing the same against Madrid in 90 minutes.

If they score early, with the crowd onside, they can have a real go at them - even against Mourhino the greatest mastermind of all time in the world ever (Aye, alright).

In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say Spurs will win the match on the night.

f***'s sake, people are actually spending money on Inter and Spurs qualifying.

Where have you been this season? :lol: Everything that shouldn't have happened, has happened! :laugh:

Spurs will not qualify. Anyone caught putting money on Spurs to qualify should be sectioned and their money should be given to charity.

Not to mention they aren't even at a good price.  33's to overcome a 4 goal deficit against Madrid, that's terrible odds.  Should be at least double that.

Pure stupidity to bet on Spurs going through.

Spurs will not qualify. Anyone caught putting money on Spurs to qualify should be sectioned and their money should be given to charity.

Not to mention they aren't even at a good price.  33's to overcome a 4 goal deficit against Madrid, that's terrible odds.  Should be at least double that.

Pure stupidity to bet on Spurs going through.

:lol:

The way this season has gone I feel it necessary to throw a token £1 on the two improbables and 50p on the impossible.

Two draws combined with three more draws tomorrow night in the Europa is also roughly 415/1. Surely that's worth even a few pence.

Was it 'pure stupidity' to bet on a Newcastle draw when they were 4-0 down to Arsenal?

What about Wigan when they were 2-0 down to Arsenal with 10 minutes to go a couple of seasons ago? Or even Greece to win the Euros in 2004?

How about Newcastle to beat Villa 6-0 at the start of the season? I didn't feel stupid sticking a fiver on at HT at 40/1 and winning £200 like.

Unlikely? yes, impossible? no, 'stupidity'? Give me a break.