Places to watch the World Cup

Heron

Centre for Life was full of cocks, fight broke out in front of me 20 minutes in and then again at fulltime, people getting glassed, full on racist abuse to a black bloke minding his own business. Plenty pissed up charvas out for bother. Police not interested in anything other than lasses with hot pants.

First and last time I'll be there.

Screen was shit n all.

Canny few people getting lifted towards the end like.

Aye it is there. I watched the USA and Algeria matches there. There was a bit of bother for the USA game but didn't notice anything for the Algeria match. The screens a decent size but the sound isnt that great. The pints are £3 or you can buy 4 cans for a tenner (they open all of the cans up for you when you buy them for some reason). It does get quite busy but its easy to get in and get a pint. Its decent enough like but I wouldn't travel that far for it. I'm just going to the local for the Slovenia match. Its only really worth going if the weathers nice and you're planning on staying out in town afterwards imo. Attracts some pricks.

Guest antz1uk

Cheers fellas, didn't see this thread, well were going to Durham to watch it, just thought if it's on there outdoors n weathers fine we might aswell jump on the train

thanks

Cheers fellas, didn't see this thread, well were going to Durham to watch it, just thought if it's on there outdoors n weathers fine we might aswell jump on the train

thanks

Wouldn't bother if i were you mate. Screen ain't the best and as said there was a few radgies at the USA game. Mightn't be so busy with it being a 3 kick off midweek like.

Guest Antigalican

Coming into Toon for Wednesday's match, don't fancy outdoor thing. Has anyone got a pub to reccomend? was thinking of heading for the Goose but can't remember what the screens are like.

The big screen's decent in The Crow Nest like, 2 of them aswell, although one of them isn't as good.

Aye, always go there for Newcastle matches. Think i'm supposed to be going for the match on Wednesday too though.

The big screen's decent in The Crow Nest like, 2 of them aswell, although one of them isn't as good.

Aye, always go there for Newcastle matches. Think i'm supposed to be going for the match on Wednesday too though.

Think I'm watching it there aswell, finishing work at 1.

Guest Roger Kint

Wheres the Crows Nest? Someone was on about it the other day and i have had a mental block since  ;D

Guest Roger Kint

Used to be Bar Oz and before that Inventions.

Oppo Haymarket metro St.

Ahhh cheers, used to go there when it was Oz. Been a fair few years since i been in there though. Still got a circular pool table?

Oppo Haymarket metro St.

Ahhh cheers, used to go there when it was Oz. Been a fair few years since i been in there though. Still got a circular pool table?

Ha ha, i playe don that.  It was gash and pointless.

Not sure, not been in for ages.

Can't decide where to watch the game tomorrow.  :undecided: I fancy heading out as I've watched the other 2 at home/at a mate's but can't decide where. Someone was on about the Academy, but don't know if I'll want to go into somewhere dingy if it's a nice day.

Can't decide where to watch the game tomorrow.  :undecided: I fancy heading out as I've watched the other 2 at home/at a mate's but can't decide where. Someone was on about the Academy, but don't know if I'll want to go into somewhere dingy if it's a nice day.

You and your pals can come to mine and watch it, will show you my gimpsuit collection.

Guest Antigalican

Oppo Haymarket metro St.

Sounds like a good call with plenty of alternatives if its cr@p.

You and your pals can come to mine and watch it, will show you my gimpsuit collection.

:smitten: You old charmer, you.

Do people reckon you could get away with taking your own cans to watch the match around Times Square?

You'd have to stick them in your pockets as they check bags.

Ahh reet, nee bother. :thup:

Do people reckon you could get away with taking your own cans to watch the match around Times Square?

You'd have to stick them in your pockets as they check bags.

Ahh reet, nee bother. :thup:

Stick them in Pringles pots.  ;D