Players to look out for this World Cup

Keefaz

Guest icemanblue

You all might laugh, but, I think Wayne Rooney has the potential to be a secret weapon for England.

Guest palnese

Cavani

Ramires

Simon Kjær

Rene Krhin

Fabio Coentrao

From a Norwegian website.

Only heard of the first three.

Nicolas Lodeiro, Uruguayan attacking midfielder. Will probably play in behind Suarez and Forlan, he really was the link they needed from midfield and attack.

Jong Tae-Se, striker for North Korea. Dubbed the 'People's Wayne Rooney'.

Alexis Sanchez. Will play on the right side of Chile's front three. Not made an impact in Europe yet but always plays well for the national team.

Javier Pastore. Elegant midfielder who will be deputy to Veron in midfield, will probably get his chance when Veron inevitably fails to last the pace of a tournament like this.

Teko Modise. Likely to be South Africa's main hope from what I've heard. Will probably move abroad after the tournament.

Jonas Gutierrez  :thup:

Will be looking at how our ex players do too - Bassong, Martins, Gonzalez (lol), Milner, Moore, Geremi etc.

Geremi is still playing for the Indomitable Lions?

Jonas Gutierrez  :thup:

Will be looking at how our ex players do too - Bassong, Martins, Gonzalez (lol), Milner, Moore, Geremi etc.

Geremi is still playing for the Indomitable Lions?

They're only Indomitable with Geremi still in the pride.

Any German league followers tell me why Ziani has only played 9 games for Wolfsburg, i thought he was meant to be good?

Karim Ziani: F

It would be no exaggeration to say that Ziani has played seven times as many matches for Algeria than he has for Wolfsburg this calendar year. Indeed, the only time that the injury-blighted playmaker has featured for Wolfsburg in 2010 was as a second half substitute during the disastrous 5-1 hammering at the hands of Hertha Berlin. A midfielder of undoubted talent, Ziani has found no consistent place in the line-up and has lacked the work ethic and drive for his club that marks him out as such a vital commodity for the Algerians. His only meaningful contribution to the back-pages in Germany this season has been a training ground bust up with Die Wolfe's golden boy, Dzeko.

According to an article rating Wolfsburg's signings.

Interested to see any of the players I've only heard of & not seen play live in particular those from South America.

As Sewelly said there is a lot of hype about Nicolas Lodeiro,Alexis Sanchez, & Javier Pastore.

Also looking forward to see how Nicolas Otamendi, Lucas Barrios & new mackem Cristian Riveros get on n all.

From a less serious point of view I can't wait to see Boubacar Barry's antics in goal for CIV as he is turboshit and Maradona's escapades too.

Guest Heneage

Gregory Van Der Wiel- A really good right back from Ajax, been a fan of his for a while and stupidly dreamt of us replacing Simpson with him for about 5-6 million€.

Elia of Holland is another one, a really tricky left winger who is like Robben but more about tricks than sheer pace.

Kjaer has been mentioned, I think a lot of English fans will realise why he's highly rated this summer if he plays.

Interested to see any of the players I've only heard of & not seen play live in particular those from South America.

As Sewelly said there is a lot of hype about Nicolas Lodeiro,Alexis Sanchez, & Javier Pastore.

Also looking forward to see how Nicolas Otamendi, Lucas Barrios & new mackem Cristian Riveros get on n all.

From a less serious point of view I can't wait to see Boubacar Barry's antics in goal for CIV as he is turboshit and Maradona's escapades too.

Barrios was about 2000/1 in January to be topscorer at the World Cup before he fast-tracked his Paraguayan passport. I was tempted to put a cheeky £1 on when I heard he'd be joining up with the Paraguyan squad, and never got round to it. Now he's scored 3 goals in less than 3 full caps and has New Zealand in his group. Unsurprisingly the odds have now shortened to about 100/1.

Would be my luck that he pulled a Salenko and bagged about 4 against the Kiwis.

Any German league followers tell me why Ziani has only played 9 games for Wolfsburg, i thought he was meant to be good?

Karim Ziani: F

It would be no exaggeration to say that Ziani has played seven times as many matches for Algeria than he has for Wolfsburg this calendar year. Indeed, the only time that the injury-blighted playmaker has featured for Wolfsburg in 2010 was as a second half substitute during the disastrous 5-1 hammering at the hands of Hertha Berlin. A midfielder of undoubted talent, Ziani has found no consistent place in the line-up and has lacked the work ethic and drive for his club that marks him out as such a vital commodity for the Algerians. His only meaningful contribution to the back-pages in Germany this season has been a training ground bust up with Die Wolfe's golden boy, Dzeko.

According to an article rating Wolfsburg's signings.

lol, sure way to not get picked, have a fight with you clubs best player by a mile.  :doh:

I think he could have a decent WC for Algeria mind, could be the escape he needs, and will no doubt be up for sale the summer anyway. Not sure about calling him injury blighted, he had 3 full seasons before his move to Germany.