Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

Debate? It's just Parky being racist and throwing random insults around rather than trying to back up his viewpoint.

Fail to see the racism tbh  :lol:

Might be the wrong word. :lol: Whatever it's called when you don't want anyone born anywhere else than your country representing your country, in whatever way.

Do you understand the the differece in the dialectic of what we call national sports ie tribal and cultural preferance??

Do you understand free choice?

Between what? Capitalism and Capitalism...?

To get to choose the country you want to represent rather than being forced to represent a country you don't want to?

It's not a free choice though is it...It's people being drawn to where they can have a better life.

I agree with you in the sense that if someone is born and moves say under the age of 3 to somewhere, it isn't really an issue. But technically you'll have to then say it is a cultural rather than a tribal imperative. See what I mean?

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

Debate? It's just Parky being racist and throwing random insults around rather than trying to back up his viewpoint.

Might be the wrong word. :lol: Whatever it's called when you don't want anyone born anywhere else than your country representing your country, in whatever way.

As long as they qualify through heritage it shouldn't matter where you are born.Cacau clearly has no Deutsch claret in him.

As I've said, I'm against changing your nationality by the (in most countries) five year rule. I'm just not against people that have lived in a country for their entire life not being able to represent the country they want to, love, and identify themselves with because they weren't born there.

Cacau and Tulio are the 2 worst offences imo.

Agreed. I don't think Cacau should be playing for Germany, it is actually the one that I started arguing about with some Germans earlier.

As I've said again and again, I agree with you regarding adults changing their passports being wrong. I don't agree with forcing people who've lived in a country their entire life, and identify with said country and feel like a citizen of that country being forced to represent a country they don't have any feelings for just because they were born there.

Do you understand the the differece in the dialectic of what we call national sports ie tribal and cultural preferance??

Do you understand free choice?

Between what? Capitalism and Capitalism...?

To get to choose the country you want to represent rather than being forced to represent a country you don't want to?

It's not a free choice though is it...It's people being drawn to where they can have a better life.

I agree with you in the sense that if someone is born and moves say under the age of 3 to somewhere, it isn't really an issue. But technically you'll have to then say it is a cultural rather than a tribal imperative. See what I mean?

I think the age limit should be higher, more like 8-9 as you really don't have a choice in the matter then, it's your parents or an adoption agency that moves you to the new country and you don't really have all that many memories from your younger years regardless. If we can agree on that, then we're in agreement.

As long as they qualify through heritage it shouldn't matter where you are born.Cacau clearly has no Deutsch claret in him.

As I've said, I'm against changing your nationality by the (in most countries) five year rule. I'm just not against people that have lived in a country for their entire life not being able to represent the country they want to, love, and identify themselves with because they weren't born there.

Agreed. I don't think Cacau should be playing for Germany, it is actually the one that I started arguing about with some Germans earlier.

As I've said again and again, I agree with you regarding adults changing their passports being wrong. I don't agree with forcing people who've lived in a country their entire life, and identify with said country and feel like a citizen of that country being forced to represent a country they don't have any feelings for just because they were born there.

Mario Gomez holds dual citizenship his father is Spanish and Jerome Boeteng holds two passports as well. I'm just questioning how far all this can go if we let Germany carry on like this.  :razz:

....yeah and the West Indies didn't want over rates being introduced.

Night night.  :cheesy: :fishing:

Guest Heneage

I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult. :lol:

Btw I'm only 3 nations! :aww:

As for representing another country, every situation is different. You have Ozil tonight for example, born in Germany to Turkish parents, and he represents Germany. Now by contrast you have Podolski and Klose who are Polish but raised in Germany from very young ages. Now some families that emigrate retain their culture, by only speaking their mother tongue at home for example. Now if you live in Germany but spend all your free time speaking Turkish or Polish then you may still feel a strong connection to that part of your heritage, so the idea of representing them is not entirely alien, when you consider that one of those parents may want you to represent their birth country, it's not quite as bad as is made out.

You then have people who move to a country later in life and become bonded to that country, like Liedson, Deco, or Pepe of Portugal, if you qualify as a citizen of a country you can't really stop them representing that country, as they may feel a connection towards it. The problem you have is being sure of the validity of their claim, the best examples of that are Guerrero of Poland and some of the middle eastern nations with Brazilians in their side, it's sad that players will cheapen themselves by clinging to any nationality just to experience a major tournament, but to claim that a player is incapable of gaining a bond with a nation outside of the one in which they were born is slightly naive.

As for representing another country, every situation is different. You have Ozil tonight for example, born in Germany to Turkish parents, and he represents Germany. Now by contrast you have Podolski and Klose who are Polish but raised in Germany from very young ages. Now some families that emigrate retain their culture, by only speaking their mother tongue at home for example. Now if you live in Germany but spend all your free time speaking Turkish or Polish then you may still feel a strong connection to that part of your heritage, so the idea of representing them is not entirely alien, when you consider that one of those parents may want you to represent their birth country, it's not quite as bad as is made out.

You then have people who move to a country later in life and become bonded to that country, like Liedson, Deco, or Pepe of Portugal, if you qualify as a citizen of a country you can't really stop them representing that country, as they may feel a connection towards it. The problem you have is being sure of the validity of their claim, the best examples of that are Guerrero of Poland and some of the middle eastern nations with Brazilians in their side, it's sad that players will cheapen themselves by clinging to any nationality just to experience a major tournament, but to claim that a player is incapable of gaining a bond with a nation outside of the one in which they were born is slightly naive.

More like immensely.

It's even sadder that these nations could be approaching these players in the first place.Could we approach Arteta?Yes.

I'd find that although Mikel would walk into our side probably,it isn't right to select him over a player who qualifies through parentage or birth tbh.

The debate isn't about the players and what flavour of pampers they choose (this is where kez is a bit lost) it is about national federations taking advantage and IMO Germany shows all the initial signs of tinkering with the system.

The debate isn't about the players and what flavour of pampers they choose (this is where kez is a bit lost) it is about national federations taking advantage and IMO Germany shows all the initial signs of tinkering with the system.

3 LIEONS ON DA  SHIRT JEWELS REMAIN STILL GLEAMIN' DONT BAN DA FLAGS U LIEK OUR BENEFITS

It's even sadder that these nations could be approaching these players in the first place.Could we approach Arteta?Yes.

I'd find that although Mikel would walk into our side probably,it isn't right to select him over a player who qualifies through parentage or birth tbh.

Mikel is wank.

More like immensely.

You have to decide if you want NATIONAL SPORTS to be about nations or whether they are about CULTURAL PREFERANCES. You don't seem to be able to grasp this, maybe over your head or a victory for social engineering.

More like immensely.

You have to decide if you want NATIONAL SPORTS to be about nations or whether they are about CULTURAL PREFERANCES. You don't seem to be able to grasp this, maybe over your head or a victory for social engineering.

I national sports to have players that want to represent that nation, and even if someone was born in another country I'd still feel happy they feel Norwegian enough to represent my country. I'd only be opposed the likes of Cacau and random Brazilians playing only because they're too shit to play for their country.

I thought you didn't mind parentage, I think Tulio is Japanese diaspora.

He has a Japanese father, yeah.

Japanese grandparent, no?

Doesn't matter anyway, he's a cunt so he deserves all the stick he gets  >:D

Anyway... You simply can't restrict a player's free choice because every individual case is different. For every Tulio or Cacau there are a lot of players who have legitimate choices to make between the country they were born in and the one they identify with. I was born in America and have American citizenship but if I was actually any good at football I would never willingly choose to play for the US national team. (no offense deuce! :lol:)

Mikel is wank.

Mikel Arteta you  you you... :lol:

I knew some numbnuts would do that O0

More like immensely.

I national sports to have players that want to represent that nation, and even if someone was born in another country I'd still feel happy they feel Norwegian enough to represent my country. I'd only be opposed the likes of Cacau and random Brazilians playing only because they're too shit to play for their country.

Ok, so you think it is a cultural preferance? That's fine.

I thought you didn't mind parentage, I think Tulio is Japanese diaspora.

He has a Japanese father, yeah.

Japanese grandparent, no?

Doesn't matter anyway, he's a cunt so he deserves all the stick he gets  >:D

Anyway... You simply can't restrict a player's free choice because every individual case is different. For every Tulio or Cacau there are a lot of players who have legitimate choices to make between the country they were born in and the one they identify with. I was born in America and have American citizenship but if I was actually any good at football I would never willingly choose to play for the US national team. (no offense deuce! :lol:)

But you could be blasting out rhymes with the main man Clint Dempsey, playing soccer for NIKE.

More like immensely.

Ok, so you think it is a cultural preferance? That's fine.

It's more than fine. It's the way all people should think, as it'd make the world a better place. Then again, you are an island country, of course you hate everyone else.

I think people in this thread are really making rainbow nation type knee jerk reactions to an important debate. Germany is at the center of a very fluid EU with no borders, there are literally loads of all kinds of Europeans that live here (from all over Europe) and a lot of them come here for the oppurtunities inc Russia, there are thousands of Russians in hamburg alone never mind Berlin. It will get to the point with all these extended family connections that Germany will be picking a team essentially fromt the whole of Europe if they really want to start exploiting the rules. I know you muppets can't see that yet, but I live here and I can. It will and already is beginning to destroy the fabric of national sports in a sense and the core tribalism and identititu of international football that goes with that IMO.