Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.nrksport.no/contentfile/file/1.6312349!f169CropList/img650x367.jpg

Oh no! A black man in a Norway jersey, we all know Norwegians are white, tall, blonde and blue eyed?! What is the world coming to?!?! :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

Oh no! A black man in a Norway jersey, we all know Norwegians are white, tall, blonde and blue eyed?! What is the world coming to?!?! :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

:lol:

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult. :lol:

Btw I'm only 3 nations! :aww:

As for representing another country, every situation is different. You have Ozil tonight for example, born in Germany to Turkish parents, and he represents Germany. Now by contrast you have Podolski and Klose who are Polish but raised in Germany from very young ages. Now some families that emigrate retain their culture, by only speaking their mother tongue at home for example. Now if you live in Germany but spend all your free time speaking Turkish or Polish then you may still feel a strong connection to that part of your heritage, so the idea of representing them is not entirely alien, when you consider that one of those parents may want you to represent their birth country, it's not quite as bad as is made out.

You then have people who move to a country later in life and become bonded to that country, like Liedson, Deco, or Pepe of Portugal, if you qualify as a citizen of a country you can't really stop them representing that country, as they may feel a connection towards it. The problem you have is being sure of the validity of their claim, the best examples of that are Guerrero of Poland and some of the middle eastern nations with Brazilians in their side, it's sad that players will cheapen themselves by clinging to any nationality just to experience a major tournament, but to claim that a player is incapable of gaining a bond with a nation outside of the one in which they were born is slightly naive.

Compliment, probably.  :lol:

I think you nailed it when you said every situation is different, which is what I said on an earlier page as to their being a large grey area for the most part. The differences in the situations means that trying to pin it down to certain rulings will be unfair on alot of people. For example ruling it on birthplace is plain wrong imo because for the likes of Klose, Podolski and even Terry Butcher for England (although that's slightly different due to few cultural/family ties to a place like Singapore) they will more than likely have no connection to the country they were born in. But then pinning it down to purely citizenship reasons opens up doors to all these Brazilians latching on to any team they can after merely living in the country a couple of years.

There's also alot of losers when it comes to people going with their heritage rather than their place of birth/home - it works both ways. For example the likes of Australia, USA and Switzerland have been repeatedly screwed over by players who live their lives in the countries who welcomed them (or their parents) with open arms, educated them, gave them job oppurtunities and allowed them to become the players they are through facilities and coaching - only for them players to then ditch that country at the last moment when the manager of their 'blood' nation rings them up asking if they want a game. The Serbs/Croats/.. are often the biggest culprits when it comes to this, which while you may think is down to strong allegiances to their 'bloodline' is more than likely purely so they can have a better chance of achieving. That's why players from Albania (Behrami) who have a poorer national team will often go for the better option in their host country and players from Serbia/Croatia (Kuzmanovic, Rakitic) who have better teams will choose their heritage. It's sad in this case when it comes down to furthering careers rather than making a real emotional decision.

It's definitely a very touchy subject though, and will only become moreso with the loosening of borders.

Germany's 2010 World Cup Team; German Or International?

With the 2010 World Cup in South Africa just days away, nations are going to be submitting their final 23-man rosters. All nations participating have the right to bring their best 23 players with citizenship belonging to that country.

The Germans, currently ranked 6th in the world rankings entering the World Cup, are a deep squad that will definitely be making a splash this in the coming weeks ahead. Having to face Australia, Serbia and Ghana, their road to Round 2 looks as if it will not have many hurdles.

But exactly who are these Germans that look great on paper and even greater on the pitch?

Although most of the footballers on the squad are born in East or West Germany and come from generations of Germans before them, a fair amount of them do not. Many of the players on the squad are born abroad or come from Non-German roots.

And they are as follows.

Forwards: There are six forwards that will possibly be in uniform come June 13 when Germany takes on Australia. How many of these forwards are German born though? The answer is 3. That means that fifty-percent of the German front line goal scorers are not born in the country. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski are both born in Poland and Cacau is Brazilian born.

Midfielders: There are also six midfielders that most definitely be dawning the black, red and yellow come tournament time. The problem is that the birth places of the middle six do not represent theses colors. Like many other German Nationals, Piotr Trochowski was born in Poland and Marko Marin is a product of Yugoslavia.

Defenders: Out of 8 defenders in the current line-up, all but one is German born. The loner is Andreas Beck, a 23 year old footballer that hails from the Soviet Union.

Goaltenders: The loan category that I struck out on as all 3 Goaltenders are German born and bred.

As the facts state, six out of the twenty-three players on the roster of Germany are born in other counties. Should this be aloud? Should they be able to participate in the World Cup? All it takes is living and working (playing) in Germany for five or more years and citizenship is granted.

What I also failed to mention earlier is this. Although perfectly legal, the following players are German born but descend from every edge of the world. Mario Gomez is half German as his father is born in Spain; he holds dual citizenship. Sami Khedira's father is from Tunisia. Mesut Ozil and Serdar Tasci both come from Turkish parents but are born in Germany. Dennis Aogo is a German born kid with Nigerian roots. Jerome Boateng is another dual holder with Ghana and Germany.

Is the German National Football Team legitimate and legal? I guess so, but if I was running FIFA I would tighten up the rules and make it harder than it is to play for any particular nation. I feel like players wake up looking at the international rankings and then make a decision on what national team their going to play for.

My question to all is, should Germany get to participate under the name "Germany" or should we give them a new title and maybe call them the "International Republic"?

He's more un-Norwegian in the fact that he's a fairly decent footballer tbh.

He's more un-Norwegian in the fact that he's a farly decent footballer tbh.

You're old enough to remember the 90s, billy. You dissapoint me. :(

And '81 too.But let's face it,you've never really been a beacon in World football.I remember Hareide,Aas,Fjortoft,Rekdal,Flo etc.I was only jesting. :thup:

With the 2010 World Cup in South Africa just days away, nations are going to be submitting their final 23-man rosters. All nations participating have the right to bring their best 23 players with citizenship belonging to that country.

The Germans, currently ranked 6th in the world rankings entering the World Cup, are a deep squad that will definitely be making a splash this in the coming weeks ahead. Having to face Australia, Serbia and Ghana, their road to Round 2 looks as if it will not have many hurdles.

But exactly who are these Germans that look great on paper and even greater on the pitch?

Although most of the footballers on the squad are born in East or West Germany and come from generations of Germans before them, a fair amount of them do not. Many of the players on the squad are born abroad or come from Non-German roots.

And they are as follows.

Forwards: There are six forwards that will possibly be in uniform come June 13 when Germany takes on Australia. How many of these forwards are German born though? The answer is 3. That means that fifty-percent of the German front line goal scorers are not born in the country. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski are both born in Poland and Cacau is Brazilian born.

Midfielders: There are also six midfielders that most definitely be dawning the black, red and yellow come tournament time. The problem is that the birth places of the middle six do not represent theses colors. Like many other German Nationals, Piotr Trochowski was born in Poland and Marko Marin is a product of Yugoslavia.

Defenders: Out of 8 defenders in the current line-up, all but one is German born. The loner is Andreas Beck, a 23 year old footballer that hails from the Soviet Union.

Goaltenders: The loan category that I struck out on as all 3 Goaltenders are German born and bred.

As the facts state, six out of the twenty-three players on the roster of Germany are born in other counties. Should this be aloud? Should they be able to participate in the World Cup? All it takes is living and working (playing) in Germany for five or more years and citizenship is granted.

What I also failed to mention earlier is this. Although perfectly legal, the following players are German born but descend from every edge of the world. Mario Gomez is half German as his father is born in Spain; he holds dual citizenship. Sami Khedira's father is from Tunisia. Mesut Ozil and Serdar Tasci both come from Turkish parents but are born in Germany. Dennis Aogo is a German born kid with Nigerian roots. Jerome Boateng is another dual holder with Ghana and Germany.

Is the German National Football Team legitimate and legal? I guess so, but if I was running FIFA I would tighten up the rules and make it harder than it is to play for any particular nation. I feel like players wake up looking at the international rankings and then make a decision on what national team their going to play for.

My question to all is, should Germany get to participate under the name "Germany" or should we give them a new title and maybe call them the "International Republic"?

The only person in the German WC squad that should not be allowed to call himself a German International is Cacau.

I'm actually waiting for Mr. United Nations himself Kezman catching wind of this debate.

As for representing another country, every situation is different. You have Ozil tonight for example, born in Germany to Turkish parents, and he represents Germany. Now by contrast you have Podolski and Klose who are Polish but raised in Germany from very young ages. Now some families that emigrate retain their culture, by only speaking their mother tongue at home for example. Now if you live in Germany but spend all your free time speaking Turkish or Polish then you may still feel a strong connection to that part of your heritage, so the idea of representing them is not entirely alien, when you consider that one of those parents may want you to represent their birth country, it's not quite as bad as is made out.

You then have people who move to a country later in life and become bonded to that country, like Liedson, Deco, or Pepe of Portugal, if you qualify as a citizen of a country you can't really stop them representing that country, as they may feel a connection towards it. The problem you have is being sure of the validity of their claim, the best examples of that are Guerrero of Poland and some of the middle eastern nations with Brazilians in their side, it's sad that players will cheapen themselves by clinging to any nationality just to experience a major tournament, but to claim that a player is incapable of gaining a bond with a nation outside of the one in which they were born is slightly naive.

I think you nailed it when you said every situation is different, which is what I said on an earlier page as to their being a large grey area for the most part. The differences in the situations means that trying to pin it down to certain rulings will be unfair on alot of people. For example ruling it on birthplace is plain wrong imo because for the likes of Klose, Podolski and even Terry Butcher for England (although that's slightly different due to few cultural/family ties to a place like Singapore) they will more than likely have no connection to the country they were born in. But then pinning it down to purely citizenship reasons opens up doors to all these Brazilians latching on to any team they can after merely living in the country a couple of years.

There's also alot of losers when it comes to people going with their heritage rather than their place of birth/home - it works both ways. For example the likes of Australia, USA and Switzerland have been repeatedly screwed over by players who live their lives in the countries who welcomed them (or their parents) with open arms, educated them, gave them job oppurtunities and allowed them to become the players they are through facilities and coaching - only for them players to then ditch that country at the last moment when the manager of their 'blood' nation rings them up asking if they want a game. The Serbs/Croats/.. are often the biggest culprits when it comes to this, which while you may think is down to strong allegiances to their 'bloodline' is more than likely purely so they can have a better chance of achieving. That's why players from Albania (Behrami) who have a poorer national team will often go for the better option in their host country and players from Serbia/Croatia (Kuzmanovic, Rakitic) who have better teams will choose their heritage. It's sad in this case when it comes down to furthering careers rather than making a real emotional decision.

It's definitely a very touchy subject though, and will only become moreso with the loosening of borders.

Good post.

The thing about the fluid borders and all the extended families of Polish/Czech and other European origin is that it really will get to the point that if they really researched it the Germans could be picking a team from the whole of Europe. That is really what I'm trying to get at....

And they are as follows.

The only person in the German WC squad that should not be allowed to call himself a German International is Cacau.

But the German FA allow him to be...that's Parky's point.I'm deffo off now as the Calamine will wear off soon!!Nite all!!

And '81 too.But let's face it,you've never really been a beacon in World football.I remember Hareide,Aas,Fjortoft,Rekdal,Flo etc.I was only jesting. :thup:

We've never been a beacon, no. But we were a hard team to beat under Drillo in the 90s and were always in the top 10 of the FIFA ranking, and we're still the only nation undefeated against Brazil.

Good post.

The thing about the fluid borders and all the extended families of Polish/Czech and other European origin is that it really will get to the point that if they really researched it the Germans could be picking a team from the whole of Europe. That is really what I'm trying to get at....

You're really shit at getting your point across if that's what you've been trying to get at.

Guest Heneage

The debate isn't about the players and what flavour of pampers they choose (this is where kez is a bit lost) it is about national federations taking advantage and IMO Germany shows all the initial signs of tinkering with the system.

Are these players forced to accept the call up?

Right lads, let's settle this now.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8666/republicasenadorasbar15.jpg

See this girl in the Argie shirt? Yes, the one that is much hotter than Mexico.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9360/republicaalemanakrsiten.jpg

Here she is again, now representing Spain, and is still a lot hotter than Mexico.

So, what lesson do we learn from this? That's right, it doesn't matter where you're born, you should represent whoever you feel like representing.

Good post.

I latched onto that theory a couple of pages ago when Kaizero went overboard calling you racist, it's the integrity of the sport more than anything that is at concern. While it's nice to have a multi-cultural society it's also putting international sport at risk. International sport is built on the foundations of ultimately different cultures and peoples being pitted against each other and when countries ultimately have the freedom to as you put it 'pick from all across Europe' (and further, probably) then very basis of why international sporting competition occurs becomes completely pointless.

What bothers people though is the attitude that these different nationalties should adhere to certain cultural and racial stereotypes, which is the point Kaizero was getting at.

Someone should start a new thread to discuss this shit in tbh. It's hardly about the world cup anymore, and it's in general just cast a shadow of bad mood over one of the most entertaining threads on here in ages.

Someone should start a new thread to discuss this s*** in tbh. It's hardly about the world cup anymore, and it's in general just cast a shadow of bad mood over one of the most entertaining threads on here in ages.

It's alright, within a couple of pages this political shit will be a memory and we'll be back to pictures of chicks in football shirts for good  :aww:

Someone should start a new thread to discuss this shit in tbh. It's hardly about the world cup anymore, and it's in general just cast a shadow of bad mood over one of the most entertaining threads on here in ages.

I already settled the debate man, just move on.

Good post.

You're really shit at getting your point across if that's what you've been trying to get at.

Podolski:

German striker Lukas Podolski won't be singing the national anthem on Wednesday before the much-awaited game against Poland.

"It's a very special situation and quite a strange feeling when the Polish national anthem and then the German one rings out," Podolski said this week.

It isn't as simple as you're trying to make out K.

Germany is a special case due to its positon at the center of Europe and the fluid borders -  it has the chance to recruit from all over Europe if it really wanted to and nothing in the current laws of the game can stop that.

Good post.

Podolski:

German striker Lukas Podolski won't be singing the national anthem on Wednesday before the much-awaited game against Poland.

"It's a very special situation and quite a strange feeling when the Polish national anthem and then the German one rings out," Podolski said this week.

It isn't as simple as you're trying to make out K.

So? He lived a few years in Poland, and his parents are Polish. It's out of respect, doesn't necessarily make him feel any less German. Do you know Podolski personally? Why do you just want to jump to the worst possible conclusion?

He didn't celebrate scoring against them either.