Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Donovan's goal makes the Internet spike at the second highest amount of traffic in history, beating the announcement of the US 08 President election in the process: http://mashable.com/2010/06/23/usa-vs-algeria-world-cup/

looks like a combination of both games actually.

No, only America have any significance to anything on a global level.

Well, given the amount of English vs. Americans and the time of the spike, that's pretty much correct.

Huh? Aye, but the headline and article read as if Americans had done it all by themselves, with perhaps a slight outside influence by anyone interested in England.

I'm just saying the article isn't wrong saying just the US caused the spike, you can tell that by the number of people from North America vs. Europe. But it's not "wrong" in the sense I was talking about, it's the dramatic ending to that match which caused it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Donovan's goal makes the Internet spike at the second highest amount of traffic in history, beating the announcement of the US 08 President election in the process: http://mashable.com/2010/06/23/usa-vs-algeria-world-cup/

Well, given the amount of English vs. Americans and the time of the spike, that's pretty much correct.

Huh? Aye, but the headline and article read as if Americans had done it all by themselves, with perhaps a slight outside influence by anyone interested in England.

I'm just saying the article isn't wrong saying just the US caused the spike, you can tell that by the number of people from North America vs. Europe. But it's not "wrong" in the sense I was talking about, it's the dramatic ending to that match which caused it.

The England game ended basically the same time as the US goal, all I can see is a biased headline/news article. The World Cup caused an internet spike.

The England game ended basically the same time as the US goal, all I can see is a biased headline/news article. The World Cup caused an internet spike.

8 Million in North America

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

There wouldn't have been 8 million in North America on at that time, nor any other time in the WC if something like that ending didn't happen. Were there spikes when they played England? No. Were there spikes when they played Slovenia? No. Were there spikes when you played Algerie? No. Were there spikes when you played them? No.

Easy. The ending of their match caused the spike, and Europe/ROW participated to it for whatever reason they had, be it England or something else.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

There wouldn't have been 8 million in North America on at that time, nor any other time in the WC if something like that ending didn't happen. Were there spikes when they played England? No. Were there spikes when they played Slovenia? No. Were there spikes when you played Algerie? No. Were there spikes when you played them? No.

Easy. The ending of their match caused the spike, and Europe/ROW participated to it for whatever reason they had, be it England or something else.

USA! USA! USA!

Still think its a shit article.  :facepalm:

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

I'm not disputing that the article is shit, just that there wouldn't have been as many Yanks on at that time if it wasn't for the goal, and thus no major spike. :razz:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

I'm not disputing that the article is shit, just that there wouldn't have been as many Yanks on at that time if it wasn't for the goal, and thus no major spike. :razz:

Be interesting for a real break down and not just 'North America' - Who were Canada watching? Who were Mexico watching? Argh, I hate blogs passing as news  :harry:

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

Be interesting for a real break down and not just 'North America' - Who were Canada watching? Who were Mexico watching? Argh, I hate blogs passing as news  :harry:

Probably the US, given how the spike came when Donovan scored. Don't recall any other major events taking place at that time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

Probably the US, given how the spike came when Donovan scored. Don't recall any other major events taking place at that time.

How does he know this though? The goal and end of England game was basically within the same minute.

s*** keeping tbh.

Should've lined up in the middle of the net instead of off to the other side.

Or perhaps set up the wall like a keeper should do. Sørensen to blame for both goals anyway.

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

How does he know this though? The goal and end of England game was basically within the same minute.

Because the Yanks/Canada/Mexico probably wouldn't have watched England? And the amount vs. Europe at the time? Usually, looking at the net usage index right now, Europe is ahead of the North America.

How is this a big deal anyways, man? :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

2 Million in Europe

1.6 Rest of world

USA! USA! USA!

Because the Yanks/Canada/Mexico probably wouldn't have watched England? And the amount vs. Europe at the time? Usually, looking at the net usage index right now, Europe is ahead of the North America.

How is this a big deal anyways, man? :lol:

No idea, I'm totally fed up of discussing it after my first reply  :facepalm: Just hate shite articles on blogs.