FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pretty much.

Weekday courses tend to be classroom based, you'll learn very little coaching in these sessions. Then at the weekend you go out, and the FA Tutor takes you through the drills, and you and the other guys will be the 'players'.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

and you'll need shinpads too. Probably worthwhile having a pen & paper too, if you want to take some notes. Lots to take in on the weekend session!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You'll be fine, man. Expect a glowing review when you return about how you sat for 3 hours and learned all about grassroots administration.

Guest Heneage

Random but if any of you guys have an Android phone their's a tactics board app called Sports Board. It's really good f not a little fiddley. Cheaper than an iPad!

You'll be fine, man. Expect a glowing review when you return about how you sat for 3 hours and learned all about grassroots administration.

:lol: I thought that was quality in the end, wasn't sure at the start but Keith is very good, looking forward to Saturday now, a lot.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: I thought that was quality in the end, wasn't sure at the start but Keith is very good, looking forward to Saturday now, a lot.

Keith Douglas?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

Yeah, always take a drink - ALWAYS! Glad you're enjoying it, how close/different is it from what you were expecting?

It's pretty much what I was expecting, the only thing that has come as surprise is how unfit I am, can't believe I did the Great North Run just last year. :lol:

When he was going through the pairs that are taking each session next week I actually wanted to be picked, I'm never like that, I'll be the week after though, hope I get something like Duos or Robin Hood in the assessment, would be a piece of piss...

Got the safeguarding thing on Wednesday, what's that like?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Safeguarding is pretty easy, almost a little pointless, in the sense that you don't really learn anything that isn't common sense. They could do, and should do, so much more with it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

LTPD stuff is going great, made some good contacts and enjoyed watching different coaches work. Only a few weeks left after Easter though, I don't want it to end :( Doing something at the end of May, but nothing coaching wise, but happy to be involved!

Applying for a coaching job at the FAI summer camps. Fingers crossed.

You made a decision on where you're studying next year yet?

Indeed, Ash. Hoping to be in Newcastle College next year on Keith's football coaching course. Fingers crossed! :)

And cheers, Guv!