The[Insert Player Here]Has Never Been Very Good, And Got Found Out Today Thread

Guest firetotheworks

As an off field advisor and morale booster to the squad, David Beckham has been badly found out.

About Beckham, surely he must have been a translator or something, or what the deal with him?

translating from what to what ?

As an off field advisor and morale booster to the squad, David Beckham has been badly found out.

About Beckham, surely he must have been a translator or something, or what the deal with him?

translating from what to what ?

Translating Capello's italian/spanish/english into the kind of english the thick player could understand. He didn't do it very well, though..

Barry, I'll leave this one to Neil though.

I know I wasn't the only one by any means but fucking hell, if he is in the England team for any other reason than there being no-one else, then I give up. Average midfielder (as I've said for a while now) who was horribly exposed for being just that today by Ozil, who frankly didn't have to work hard to completely bamboozle the hapless Barry.

I know I wasn't the only one by any means but fucking hell, if he is in the England team for any other reason than there being no-one else, then I give up. Average midfielder (as I've said for a while now) who was horribly exposed for being just that today by Ozil, who frankly didn't have to work hard to completely bamboozle the hapless Barry.

Well, if we're getting stuck into Barry, I'll wave my hand in the air and remind you that I've been telling you all this on here for about four years now, but none of you would listen to me.

Him breaking into a half arsed jog behind Ozil today was England's entire campaign summed up in a few seconds.

Well, if we're getting stuck into Barry, I'll wave my hand in the air and remind you that I've been telling you all this on here for about four years now, but none of you would listen to me.

Him breaking into a half arsed jog behind Ozil today was England's entire campaign summed up in a few seconds.

Fwiw brummie, I know you've been saying it for a while, certainly as long as I've been on here. His mediocrity just seems to have become more clear as the months have passed by (especially his last season at Villa/first season at City).

When he went, I was annoyed, more by the way he did it than the fact he'd done it, but I genuinely think we got the best years out of him, and even saying that, for the last three years he went missing for vast chunks of the season.

I lurked on a Man City forum a few months ago, and read what they were saying about him, and it was exactly that - that he'd gone missing for weeks on end.

Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player, but the really good players don't just disappear for great chunks of the season.

Does he ever use his right foot? Sure, he's left-footed but he never seems comfortable making even the simplest passes with his right foot. That's downright disturbing for an international midfielder.

His main issue is that he's so very one paced. De Jong is a good player, but him alongside Barry is one of the most one-paced central midfields I've ever seen.

Wait 'til you see us next season. :lol:

In fairness, you won't be one paced whatsoever. You'll have a fair bit of variation, with Smith being slow, and Nolan even slower.

His main issue is that he's so very one paced. De Jong is a good player, but him alongside Barry is one of the most one-paced central midfields I've ever seen.

Wait 'til you see us next season. :lol:

In fairness, you won't be one paced whatsoever. You'll have a fair bit of variation, with Smith being slow, and Nolan even slower.

Ha ha ha, that's made me laugh like a drain.

Apols to our hosts, no malice intended.

Guest firetotheworks

Fwiw Brummie, I did agree with you, and have been singing from the same hymn sheet for a while. Barry's worth has been grossly exaggerated since the insane Rafa Benitez wanted to replace Alonso with him.