The Liverpool Thread

Parky

He took us to 2nd when it wasn't looking likely at one stage and a Cup Final. Not that bad, and not helped that he was the only manager not to really have Shearer at his disposal (injured for 5 months and then out of form in the league in the second half). He alone would have added at least 15 league goals to that side imo.

I still think we would have won the league under Keegan that season.  We were starting to hit form in the league before Keegan quit.

We'd had a shocking run upto that Spurs 7-1.

Good win for the tramps. Still think Dalglish will f*** it up though. His time here was unwatchable.

Was miles better than Souness, Gullit and Allardyce.

He was on a hiding to nothing. He was rebound guy. Wasn't even given a decent welcome, and the board were more interested in floating the club.

Absolutely agree. It's been quite irritating watching people slagging off his time here at NUFC, the guy has a better track record as manager than many of the 8 or so different managers we've had in the past 7 years. Looks to me like people are letting their anti-Liverpool prejudices blind their vision of him as a manager and as a footballing legend. Sad, really. :neutral:

Why would we care if he's a footballing legend?  None of that status was earned at Newcastle so I couldn't give a toss about him.

If you're going to offer an opinion of a manager, you have to take his track record beyond NUFC into account.

Basically, this...

"Looks to me like people are letting their anti-Liverpool prejudices blind their vision of him as a manager and as a footballing legend. Sad, really."

How is it 'sad' though?  Fans will always hate players/fans from other clubs,  Sunderland fans will hate/disrespect Shearer for eternity, who cares? 

I don't see how its sad really and if you think it is, surely the think the whole thread is sad.  Should we be mocking/disrespecting a great club like Liverpool?

Good win for the tramps. Still think Dalglish will f*** it up though. His time here was unwatchable.

He was on a hiding to nothing. He was rebound guy. Wasn't even given a decent welcome, and the board were more interested in floating the club.

Absolutely agree. It's been quite irritating watching people slagging off his time here at NUFC, the guy has a better track record as manager than many of the 8 or so different managers we've had in the past 7 years. Looks to me like people are letting their anti-Liverpool prejudices blind their vision of him as a manager and as a footballing legend. Sad, really. :neutral:

Why would we care if he's a footballing legend?  None of that status was earned at Newcastle so I couldn't give a toss about him.

If you're going to offer an opinion of a manager, you have to take his track record beyond NUFC into account.

Basically, this...

"Looks to me like people are letting their anti-Liverpool prejudices blind their vision of him as a manager and as a footballing legend. Sad, really."

How is it 'sad' though?  Fans will always hate players/fans from other clubs,  Sunderland fans will hate/disrespect Shearer for eternity, who cares? 

I don't see how its sad really and if you think it is, surely the think the whole thread is sad.  Should we be mocking/disrespecting a great club like Liverpool?

Do what you like, mate. You're twisting my words and my meaning to suit your own agenda, and I really can't be arsed with you. When's your 18th birthday?

Basically, this...

Do what you like, mate. You're twisting my words and my meaning to suit your own agenda, and I really can't be arsed with you. When's your 18th birthday?

Couple of years yet so stay away mate.

Basically, this...

If you're really that young, how can you be so embittered and warped of vision by that age?

Basically, this...

If you're really that young, how can you be so embittered and warped of vision by that age?

It's the way of the world.

Guest neesy111

He took us to 2nd when it wasn't looking likely at one stage and a Cup Final. Not that bad, and not helped that he was the only manager not to really have Shearer at his disposal (injured for 5 months and then out of form in the league in the second half). He alone would have added at least 15 league goals to that side imo.

I still think we would have won the league under Keegan that season.  We were starting to hit form in the league before Keegan quit.

We'd had a shocking run upto that Spurs 7-1.

We had, but we just beaten Leeds 3-0 after that 7-1.  We had key players back from injury as well.

Basically, this...

More to the point, how can you talk such utter bilious shit about Dalglish when you never saw him play, or manage Liverpool or Blackburn...????

Basically, this...

More to the point, how can you talk such utter bilious s*** about Dalglish when you never saw him play, or manage Liverpool or Blackburn...????

What crap have I said about Dalglish?  I said no-one has to respect him for what he's done, that's all.

Basically, this...

More to the point, how can you talk such utter bilious s*** about Dalglish when you never saw him play, or manage Liverpool or Blackburn...????

What crap have I said about Dalglish?  I said no-one has to respect him for what he's done, that's all.

Yeah. That's right. You did.

Why would we care if he's a footballing legend?  None of that status was earned at Newcastle so I couldn't give a toss about him.

Basically, this...

How is it 'sad' though?  Fans will always hate players/fans from other clubs,  Sunderland fans will hate/disrespect Shearer for eternity, who cares?  

I don't see how its sad really and if you think it is, surely the think the whole thread is sad.  Should we be mocking/disrespecting a great club like Liverpool?

What crap have I said about Dalglish?  I said no-one has to respect him for what he's done, that's all.

Yeah. That's right. You did.

How is that talking s*** about him?  I don't see how you need to have seen someone play or manage to give an opinion on them.  What an odd concept.

I don't see how you need to have seen someone play or manage to give an opinion on them.  What an odd concept.

Brilliant stuff. :thup:

You think you do?

I think it helps. :lol:

Have you ever studied history?  Most people give opinions on events that have happened in the past.  Video evidence helps but it is not essential especially when you are considering somebody's merits as a football manager.

All of which is irrelevant to the original point I made of course, which is not no-one has to respect Dalglish.  Who would want to?  He's Scottish and looks like an alcoholic.

I don't see how you need to have seen someone play or manage to give an opinion on them.  What an odd concept.

You think you do?

Have you ever studied history?  Most people give opinions on events that have happened in the past.  Video evidence helps but it is not essential especially when you are considering somebody's merits as a football manager.

All of which is irrelevant to the original point I made of course, which is not no-one has to respect Dalglish.  Who would want to?  He's Scottish and looks like an alcoholic.

:lol:

You think you do?

Now you've done it.

Looked good today but got to laugh at the way SKY build them up and Redknapp and co claiming they are still a good bet to qualify for the Champions League,their is no chance whatsoever they will qualify for the Champions League.

Amazing what a new manager can do to players who previously showed no desire at all under the previous management.

That's the crux of it for me. The same players who could barely even be bothered to break a sweat are now running through walls for Kenny.

It's fucking sickening and they've cheated Hodgson out of his job. They've also cheated their own fans but they're too fucking thick to even realise it.

Looked good today but got to laugh at the way SKY build them up and Redknapp and co claiming they are still a good bet to qualify for the Champions League,their is no chance whatsoever they will qualify for the Champions League.

Amazing what a new manager can do to players who previously showed no desire at all under the previous management.

That's the crux of it for me. The same players who could barely even be bothered to break a sweat are now running through walls for Kenny.

It's fucking sickening and they've cheated Hodgson out of his job. They've also cheated their own fans but they're too fucking thick to even realise it.

Could you say the same about our club, I wonder? :shifty:

It's pathetic and very typical of the general attitude on here.

Nail on head...

It's pathetic and very typical of the general attitude on here.

Nail on head...

Kenny was greated outside SJp by thousands of fans!

He was given a chance, we finished second for the second time and secured Champs league football.

It all turned to shit after that, Shearer getting injured, unable to stop the sale of ferdinand, playing Thommason up front on his own in the prem.

2nd to a 13th finish is disgraceful tbh BUT I do think he was sacked at the wrong time.  The board should have let him finish a full season with his new players.

It pissed me off mightily to see the players demonstratively not giving a fuck on the pitch, but now I'm glad they did because it got him out the door before he could do any more damage. Hodgson never had the players or fans behind him because of the Conference football he wanted to play. He brought in the likes of Konchesky and Poulsen, FFS, and wanted to play the long ball with Torres  :idiot2: