The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Bolton had a terrible disaster in 1946 too. The reason most people don't know the exact details of all these disasters is that the clubs involved prefer to let their dead rest in peace instead of going on about it all the time, to anyone who'll listen, and bite the heads off anybody who says something they don't like, even if it's perfectly reasonable.

Guest Gemmill

Bolton had a terrible disaster in 1946 too. The reason most people don't know the exact details of all these disasters is that the clubs involved prefer to let their dead rest in peace instead of going on about it all the time, to anyone who'll listen, and bite the heads off anybody who says something they don't like, even if it's perfectly reasonable.

Somebody raised this with a Liverpool fanzine editor on 5 Live the other day, and he responded with "Oh so now there's a right way to grieve is there."

No but if there's a LONG way to grieve, you can guarantee you cunts will find it.

Guest neesy111

DTguardian: Damien Comolli was the guy who decided Andy Carroll was worth £35m, then rang Man City in January to offer swap for Tevez

Guest BooBoo

Don't understand at all what Dalglish thinks he gets out of constantly acting the twat to the press. The Liverpool fans lap it up, "Get in Kenny, don't give the bastards an inch!"

In reality all he's doing is further fuelling the bandwagon that has football fans around the country turning on Liverpool. If I was the head of FSG, id be kicking his arse all over Merseyside. His PR skills are nothing short of appalling.

I seem to remember him having a massive chip on his shoulder with the press in his full season with us, when we finished 13th.

We went from being everyones second team to being depised, I put it down to Dogliesh and his way with the media and people.

From Kenny:

He's been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted. Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It's sad to see anyone leave the club and he goes with my best wishes.

OH f***ing YES :lol:

Guest Phil K

Don't understand at all what Dalglish thinks he gets out of constantly acting the t*** to the press. The Liverpool fans lap it up, "Get in Kenny, don't give the bastards an inch!"

In reality all he's doing is further fuelling the bandwagon that has football fans around the country turning on Liverpool. If I was the head of FSG, id be kicking his arse all over Merseyside. His PR skills are nothing short of appalling.

That post has hit dead centre.

You can trace the incredible change of the press from grovelling scouse supporters to actually criticising and even taking the piss out of Liverpool and questioning Liverpools fans "It is our right" mentality and even accusing them briefly of racism.

And it was all down to how badly he handled the Suarez affair.

From Kenny:

He's been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted. Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It's sad to see anyone leave the club and he goes with my best wishes.

End of. Kenny is going to get a RAWK ban for talking like that.

From Kenny:

End of. Kenny is going to get a RAWK ban for talking like that.

(have also seen the downing post in its exact form on 2 other forums in the last few minutes)

I laughed at this, then stole it :)

Guest Phil K

Somebody raised this with a Liverpool fanzine editor on 5 Live the other day, and he responded with "Oh so now there's a right way to grieve is there."

No but if there's a LONG way to grieve, you can guarantee you c***s will find it.

Beautifully put.

Guest neesy111

People in the Spanish telly were saying yesterday that Dalglish passed on Mata in favor of Downing. Is that true?

Jesus, that ranks on Allardyce signing Smith instead of Elano.

Yup.

Alan Hutton for 9m.

Assou-Ekotto

Gareth Bale

Younes Kaboul (the first time)

Aaron Lennon

Luka Modric

Dimitar Berbatov

KP Boateng

Thierry Henry

He was limited to British players at L'pool and that pretty much was his downfall. Even with the bad signings at Spurs, if you sell all the players he helped bring in there would be a massive profit. Modric & Bale alone would produce a 35m profit easily.