The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I really enjoy Rogers as Liverpool manager. He's going to keep them mediocre whilst producing hilarious sound bites every week.

I hope so, but I think that is slightly underestimating him.

Suarez summer sale should make things interesting next year. Had he not had this in-form Suarez I wonder how long he would have got from the fans.

I really enjoy Rogers as Liverpool manager. He's going to keep them mediocre whilst producing hilarious sound bites every week.

Suarez summer sale should make things interesting next year. Had he not had this in-form Suarez I wonder how long he would have got from the fans.

Not really they are 9th in the table, they haven't improved at all since Hodgson was sacked and despite spending shit loads.

Considering how much a quality coach like Laudrup has changed at Swansea and made them a million times more effective tells me how limited he is.

He's a arrogant c*nt as well, not concerned by blobfish at all he isn't going to take them anywhere.

Guest icemanblue

MOTD2 live from Anfield on Sunday apparently.  Wonder who made that decision....

One of the MOTD bosses, I'd imagine.

Anyway, is Rodgers back to being a blobfish again?

Guest icemanblue

Was there ever a time when he wasn't?

For a short while he was being held up as an example of a good manager, against Pardew. Their struggles at the start of the season were just his team taking on board his ideas and style of play.

Guest bimpy474

For a short while he was being held up as an example of a good manager, against Pardew. Their struggles at the start of the season were just his team taking on board his ideas and style of play.

While true they still haven't managed to beat a team in the top ten and we are in the middle of February, mind you i wouldn't mind going to Man City and Chelsea and get draws like.

Not really they are 9th in the table, they haven't improved at all since Hodgson was sacked and despite spending shit loads.

Considering how much a quality coach like Laudrup has changed at Swansea and made them a million times more effective tells me how limited he is.

He's a arrogant c*nt as well, not concerned by blobfish at all he isn't going to take them anywhere.

Think they'll finish 7th, and they are playing much better under him even if results are about the same as under dogleash. I don't know what liverpools expectations are under him first season but a decent end to the season and he overall hasn't done too bad. Think if you are going to go for someone like him then you've got to give him at least 3 seasons, so if pool sack him anytime before then they haven't allowed for his methods to take place, a partial transformation will be more damaging in the long run so fingers crossed it happens.

Well to be fair, the opinion of Pardew on here is rather low. So it doesn't take much to be a good manager in comparison i wouldn't have thought.

I'd also argue they are still struggling, especially for consistency one game they play City off the park and next game they lose to West Brom.

Not really they are 9th in the table, they haven't improved at all since Hodgson was sacked and despite spending s*** loads.

Think they'll finish 7th, and they are playing much better under him even if results are about the same as under dogleash. I don't know what liverpools expectations are under him first season but a decent end to the season and he overall hasn't done too bad. Think if you are going to go for someone like him then you've got to give him at least 3 seasons, so if pool sack him anytime before then they haven't allowed for his methods to take place, a partial transformation will be more damaging in the long run so fingers crossed it happens.

I'm with you, although I do hope that the defensive struggles are an indicator that he's actually not that great. I want him to be good enough not to get sacked, but bad enough to keep them out of the top six. I mean, they've spent loads, again, and they're not that much better (although I do think they've improved).

Let's look at AVB. He actually started a month later than Rodgers. The team he inherited finished fourth, after a disappointing end to the season. He lost two of our best three players, and a lot of fringe players, but we spent a lot of money, so net spend on transfers in the summer was about zero. He really needed a striker in January, but only got in an attacking midfielder, who cost about 1.5M, which was more than offset by the sale of Jenas.

The team Rodgers inherited finished 8th, after a disappointing end to the season. Rodgers lost none of his best players, but some fringe players. Net spend in the summer was over 20M. He really needed a striker in January and got one, at a cost of 12M.

AVB has managed to keep his team in the same position, despite losing two of his best players and a net transfer spend of less than zero. Rodgers has managed to keep his team in the same position, despite losing hardly anyone, and a net transfer spend of over 30M. And I would say that it's harder to keep a team in the top four, than it is to keep a team in the top half.

The only thing that will threaten his place is Rafa's availability in the summer, they may see that as too much of a golden option to bring him back. I know they could have had him in the summer, but maybe with Rafa being back in the prem it might bring him to light. Of course I might be reading too much in to Rafa and pools relationship, and quite possibly the board are totally sold on Rodgers. He's a massive egotistical bullshitter yes, but that's the kind of person that'll hook himself in to a club and remain past his sell-by-date.

I still think under all his character faults lies a decent manager, but will need some time there to make any kind of impact worthwhile, Rafa would have them believing they can be a big club again and although Rodgers tries to sell this I really don't think they believe it deep down, it's all bravado, face, just like him really.

He might win a cup, he will probably get them challenging for 4th next season, but he'll not take them any further than that, and at some stage that won't be enough for them.

Summer will be interesting, might see Chelsea & Real swap managers. Manu might put pressure on Fergie to retire or citeh might offer Jose more money than he can count to come manage them. One thing is for certainly mourinho will be back next season and whoever he gets Liverpool wont finish above them again until he leaves.

Not really they are 9th in the table, they haven't improved at all since Hodgson was sacked and despite spending s*** loads.

I'm with you, although I do hope that the defensive struggles are an indicator that he's actually not that great. I want him to be good enough not to get sacked, but bad enough to keep them out of the top six. I mean, they've spent loads, again, and they're not that much better (although I do think they've improved).

Let's look at AVB. He actually started a month later than Rodgers. The team he inherited finished fourth, after a disappointing end to the season. He lost two of our best three players, and a lot of fringe players, but we spent a lot of money, so net spend on transfers in the summer was about zero. He really needed a striker in January, but only got in an attacking midfielder, who cost about 1.5M, which was more than offset by the sale of Jenas.

The team Rodgers inherited finished 8th, after a disappointing end to the season. Rodgers lost none of his best players, but some fringe players. Net spend in the summer was over 20M. He really needed a striker in January and got one, at a cost of 12M.

AVB has managed to keep his team in the same position, despite losing two of his best players and a net transfer spend of less than zero. Rodgers has managed to keep his team in the same position, despite losing hardly anyone, and a net transfer spend of over 30M. And I would say that it's harder to keep a team in the top four, than it is to keep a team in the top half.

But they've won the passing!  :lol:

Spot on, all the good things said about Liverpool seem to be around them 'becoming' a very good team, no matter how long this team has been in the coming. 10 years time they'll still be waiting for it

Just seen that Suarez decision again. Disgusting, not from Suarez but the ref! Suarez has publicly stated that he dives and he does it every single game but how on earth the ref can give that as a pen is truly baffling. Definitely one to put in for the potentially corrupt although I think that guy is just a genuinely shit ref based on his games with us in the past.

Just seen that Suarez decision again. Disgusting, not from Suarez but the ref! Suarez has publicly stated that he dives and he does it every single game but how on earth the ref can give that as a pen is truly baffling. Definitely one to put in for the potentially corrupt although I think that guy is just a genuinely s*** ref based on his games with us in the past.

Actually, I didn't see it at the time, but I was a but surprised when I eventually did. I thought it was an understandable decision. The CB does appear to nudge him in the back before making the header. Obviously Suarez wasn't unhappy to go down, and he certainly dived on more than one other occasion (and he is the biggest cunt in the universe) but I didn't think the decision was all that bad.

Do you not think if you give that then your no longer able to have any physical contact whatsoever now? Yeah sure the defender does touch him but christ it was only to get close to him like any defender should and as soon as Suarez feels him breathe on him he hits the deck. If everyone starts doing that the game will become an absolute farce.

Thankfully the pen was saved.

The only thing that will threaten his place is Rafa's availability in the summer,

these yanks don't have that link with rafa though, and i reckon they 100% made their bed with rogers - he'll get 3 years minimum come what may, they'd have to have a season as bad as ours to consider binning him imo

Guest neesy111

If they don't beat Swansea that has to be a goal to Parky? No way should they be level if they're not top 7 and on the brink of going out of Europe.

Spent quite a bit of $$$ as well.

The only thing that will threaten his place is Rafa's availability in the summer,

these yanks don't have that link with rafa though, and i reckon they 100% made their bed with rogers - he'll get 3 years minimum come what may, they'd have to have a season as bad as ours to consider binning him imo

No they don't, but they will be well aware of how he did at the club and how adored his is amongst the fans. I could even imagine the players dropping the Blobfish in it if they thought Rafa might come back.